Kwon Chang-hoon @ Dijon FCO 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    so do you think it's a finished product? The reason why it's not a starter, it's not beacuse it's not good enough. It has to do with many other factors...unfortunately, we are not playing fifa 17 here.

again...as for now, i'm not worried...let see what happens next season.

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    You don't pay a near-record transfer fee for a player 'that might make it'. With that kind of price tag, they expect them to perform, like ANY other big signings. he's been a disappointment until now no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    after not even 6 months? wow...

4. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i'm not worried at all atm. he should have done more considering what Dijon paid & the reason he was purchased (to help Dijon avoid relegation). at the same time, i prefer to be patient & reserve my judgement on Kwon til next season... instead of hyping the kid up or make some nonsensical statements of what Kwon WILL BE next season.

at least Ji DW scored 2 goals & 2 assist in his 1st season in Europe while playing garbage mins like Kwon.. or at a younger age, score 5 goals & play crucial role in helping FCA avoid relegation in exactly the same position Kwon plays for Dijon this season. Kwon hasn't done any of it to be overtly optimistic...

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    exactly my thought, we just have to wait...Ji might did very good things at young age but never went further than playing in low table teams. Kwon might be in a better club in 3 years time or just being in the same situation as Ji is now, if not worst.

6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :rolleyes:

he was once a player of BvB.. even if his time with the club was short since he gave up too early. remember, BvB waited full yr to purchase Ji DW while making special arrangements for Ji DW during the process.

atm, Kwon is lucky to have Kimbo type of Euro career. he hasn't even reached Nam TH lvl yet...

7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    BVB reserve team...

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yes. Has he shown anything otherwise? :rolleyes: UNTIL now, of course it's a disappointment. How is this even a discussion?

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he was 1st team player.. but hey, let me know Kwon even reaches that lvl. he needs to lose Dijon reserve team player label first..

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    1st team player who end up in the reserve team. About Kwon...update yourself, he's been a first team player since mid march.

11. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    found on the internet few phrases on Kwon...even by non Dijon fans. This comment are not related to a game in particular but are rather generic on the player.

"Kwon is the kind of player who makes a good impression as soon as he touches the ball for the first time. He's impressive...everytime he touches the ball, he makes the defenders go crazy"

"Would be a really waste if Kwon will play L2 football next season"

"Kwon is a great player, where Dijon found him? I hope he doesn't end up in L2.

"This little Kwon is a good player"

"Kwon is the player who got the biggest potential in this team, perhaphs one of the most talented player we ever had in our history. I'm afraid he's not gonna stay with us for very long"

"Very interesting stuff shown by kwon in this first half: exlposive, technique and got a good vision."

"Whenever he has the ball, Kwon creates danger"

"there is a korean playing with Diijon, named Kwon. From what i have seen of him, he's a really good player and i have an hard time thinking he might be playing in L2 next season. If we get promoted we should buy him. I'm sure he will do well.

"Honestly i thought Kwon won't be even playing in this half of the season, the fact that he's adapting very quickly in 2/3 months is very promising. Whater he plays as a starter or come on as substitue, you never had the feeling to watch a player who doesn't belong here"

"I think we (S. Etienne) should try to sign this little korean playing for Dijon. When you look at his pace, technique, how he's at ease in every zone of the field...and is showing all this interesting stuffs playing in Ligue 1 (coming here in late january) in so little time, that makes you believe he will be a player that is going to play in high table teams. This is the right moment to purchase him, he won't be very expensive since he's not "exploded" yet. Cause if he does, there is no way we could sign this player"

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Can't argue with the guy. Marco thinks Kwon is near world class talent. Also the same guy who thinks Lee Jae Sung is DM-Quality player who can start in the Bundesliga.

13. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    sorry, player who played nothing but garbage mins (he probably has more mins playing for Dijon reserves this season) isn't suddenly a "1st team" player if you think player with 1st team contract is just a reserve player. atm, he is nothing but a guy from "reserve" team to play garbage mins for 1st team. btw, he was playing reserve team football til the beginning of April... not mid-march

edit - and seriously.. using random BS comments from the web.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:o_O:rolleyes:

14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    lol he played with the reserve for a reason, to regain match fitness.

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    so did Ji DW because he was out injured & constantly injured at the time he joined BvB. but hey.. you called him a reserve player. at the same time, Ji DW was good enough to start right away with last place FC Augsburg, score 5 goals & became a hero when he wasn't match fit at all (0 mins of play time in his 2nd season w/ Sunderland before he joined FCA in winter on loan).

16. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Kwon's first season a nightmare ? I don't think so. On the contrary, I think it is more encouraging than disappointing. He did some great performances against top teams like Bordeaux and Marseille. He has shown his ability and the skills (ball control) to play in Ligue 1, that's a good point.
    Okay, he did not play a lot but we can't ignore almost no Koreans made a direct impact at their debut. Example : PCY just scored 5 goals in his first season in Monaco, PJS was booed even if he was supported by Hiddink.
    Kwon arrived in tough circumstances and at the middle of the season, we couldn't expect he was about to break all the records (I already know some of you will focus on that sentence but "breaking all the records" is just an expression, so don't answer an empty sentence like "breaking all all records no, but scoring some goals and making some assists blababla" otherwise we will just go in circles)

Then, it is useless to make predictions about the next season, many things could happen...

hanul21 and aeh1991 repped this.
  17. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    kwon did more than enough for his first half season. there were games where he created everything for the team. also, adjustment periods are real. if the club wanted more out of kwon perhaps they should have played him more

Marco91 and jessypjs repped this.
  18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Games? He started two games... 1 decent one vs Marseille & pathetic performance vs Guingamp. He had another decent sub app vs Bordeaux.. where in his 24 min of playing time, you can argue he created "everything" for the team.

Perhaps Kwon should have done more to earn 1st team mins... :rolleyes:

this is his best performance for Dijon.. in CFA II

http://www.foot-national.com/match-foot-dijon-ivry-215548.html

zdrstvte repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    his only pathetic performance was vs OL...stop. he did pretty well even with vs Guingamp, if you actually watched the game, but i doubt you did...

20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    the thing is that with a bit of more luck, he could have scored or got at least two assist, that sound promising to me for the next season...every times he touches the ball, he creates some danger and that's a fact nobody can deny.

jessypjs repped this.
  21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    :rolleyes:

if you think he did well vs Guingamp... i have literally nothing to say to you.

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    he was the only player that creates few chances for the team, the pathetic perfomance was shown by other players there...not by Kwon.

Then if you want him to play by himself....

perhaphs i need to watch the game again, having a better look than potato streaming...where did you see the game? Can you give me a link?

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he had 1 key pass in the game.. ONE. team was awful.. so was he.

edit - btw, you speak of Dijon's trouble with defensive. Kwon offers literally nothing in that department..

zdrstvte repped this.
  24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yes, Park also had a disappointing first season. What's your point? Kwon hasn't contributed much to the team UNTIL NOW, where as Dijon paid good money for him. He hasn't done anything to justify his price tag UNTIL NOW.

Lol, what a stupid comment. Maybe he should have shown more in the training sessions to justify his claim to the starting 11. :rolleyes:

25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    oh are we looking at his stats now? i thought you watched the game...

anyway i agree with you that the team was awful, but even with the team being awful...kwon was the one who showed the most interesting stuff.