Kuyt Liverpool's debut

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by richsavare, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    I've met him once and my father had to take a picture of him once and I can honestly say without any Ajax-bias I don't like him.

2. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Why's that then? I've seen him deal with the fans up close and personal at Holland training camp a couple of times and he seems the friendliest of the whole lot (with the possible exception of Ruud van Nistelrooy).

3. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Perhaps they are good to their fans (which obviously is great), but that doesn't mean they are great persons (even though that's ofcourse a very subjective matter). It's not like he's very rude or anything, it's just that I don't like him. I think he's narrowminded amongst other things which I happen to find very annoying. I also don't like the way how he thinks he's always right on subjects he should just keep his mouth shut about, because he doesn't know anything about them. Cruijff also has it sometimes (with the difference that everyone get's mad at him before it because they listen to him) and as a person I don't like Cruijff very much either. Though more than Van Basten, who's a first rate arse.

Doesn't mean he's a total prick or anything, but the fable that he's some sort of supernice person is nonsense.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I can't comment on what he's like in real person. But from a fan's perspective, he's VERY loyal to his club and former clubs, gives his country his all, and alongside Ruud van Nistelrooy is the most popular player with travelling Holland fans because he always takes the time for them.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    And come on, you can't tell me I was the only person last night who thought his speech accepting the award from his dad was really nice?

6. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Didn't see that, sorry.