Kuyt and Zenden

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by richsavare, May 2, 2007.

1. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Both players were excellent last night, and Liverpool were the better side for me. Bolo may have had his best match in a Liverpool shirt.

Kuyt should have finally broken his Champions League duck last night, but was wrongly flagged offside. With that said its hard to believe that Liverpool have made the Final again despite their striker not scoring.

2. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I just read that Zenden has injured his ankle in training ahead of the Champions League Final, and is on crutches. Too bad for Bolo as its a race against time now.

3. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    In the CL campaign he has been extremely disappointing. He wants to use his pace to get by defenders but it just doesn't work 9 out of 10 times for him.

4. Amsteldam

Amsteldam Red Card

Oct 5, 2005
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I sometimes wonder if training is really necessary, if I had as dollar for every player thats been injured during training I'd be a millionaire.

Isnt playing 2 matches a week training enough????

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

6. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He was excellent in the Semi-Final 2nd Leg. As I said it was one of his best matches for Liverpool. Benitez has much respect for Bolo.

For me he has never been the most skilled player, but always works his ass off. Would probably be most effective as a holding midfielder.

Regardless I hope he can make it to the Final.

7. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The 2nd leg happens to be one of the Liverpool games I didn't see so I'll take your word on his performance. He is a good squad player and can slide into many positions. Not to mention he's left footed!