Kuwait foils smuggling of chemicals, bio warheads from Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Actually, I had no problem at all linking to the article

2. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This "liberal" friend thinks the story is not true. White House stooge David Kay.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...n_re_mi_ea/iraq_weapons_hunt&cid=540&ncid=716

The findings cited by Kay included:

_ On biological weapons, a single vial of a strain of botulinum, a poison that can be used as a weapon, located at the home of a known biological weapons scientist.

_ On chemical weapons, multiple sources told the weapons hunting group that Iraq did not have a large, ongoing, centrally controlled program after 1991. There had been reports that Iraq retained some of its old chemical weapons but Kay said none had been found.

_ On nuclear weapons, Kay said in his statement to Congress that despite evidence of Saddam's continued ambition to acquire nuclear weapons, "to date we have not uncovered evidence that Iraq undertook significant post-1998 steps to actually build nuclear weapons or produce fissile material."

I guess this is just more bad intelligence from the Clinton admin? Or is the story posted by the threadstarter sending everyone's *#*#*#*#*#*#*#*# meter off the scale?

3. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Good point. I'd forgotten all about the bio RVs. Bush said he was certain those were roaming bio-weapons labs. And the certifuge planted under a rose bush. I think the term used to describe that find was "huge."

It is time to start dealing with reality, and that is that Bush lied about the set up of the war. He lied, and now we have an expensive mess on our hands.

4. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Aaaah ... the sweet, sweet smell of funnywrong.

5. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003
    White House spokesman McClellan was asked about this Kuwaiti story yesterday and he said he knew nothing about it.

Of course, these days McClellan seems to know nothing about everything, but I think his response to the question says a lot about the story.