Kurt Warner to RETIRE

Discussion in 'Football' started by REALfootballRulez, Jan 27, 2010.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has the three best passing games in Super Bowl history, the second best playoff passer rating, 2 MVPs (3 from the Associated Press), and a Super Bowl win.

He's a lock.

2. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing he's a lock for is to join the monastery.

3. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No he's a lock for the HOF. His postseason numbers will get him in and rightfully so. The guy always played well in the postseason and was one of the toughest qb's when he played.

He didn't lose his job with the Giants. He was the better QB at the time and even Coughlin told him he was the better qb and deserved to start but the whole organization wanted Eli starting so thats the direction they went in. Warner won 5 of the first 7 games with the giants and could have made the playoffs that year if they didn't switch to Eli. Most of that 2004 Giants team would tell you that they had a shot until the organization went in a different direction and pretty much blew the season.

I for one was on the fence about him going into the HOF until he went to Arizona and did what he did in the postseason with them.

And to the guy that said Warner was overrated, how the hell is he overrated? Did he come into the league with high expectations or did I miss something? Wasn't he packing groceries before he came into the league? The guy had a fairy tale of a career from where he started, to how it ended. He deserves to be in the HOF and he will be elected on the first ballet.

1 person likes this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I didn't get that myself.

I think he'll get in, I expect him to get in, but first ballot? I doubt it. Depends on who else is eligible.

5. Mach1

Mach1 Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was on the fence for this until I heard someone make a point on the radio. Kurt took the Rams and the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. These are two historically bad, bad franchises. The fact that he was able to accomplish what he did on those teams...

Not sure if he’s going to be a first ballot guy. Especially if Brett actually retires, because they’d both be eligible at the same time. But the second or third time? He’s in. And I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

6. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    also, he went to 3 superbowls (won 1) and the two that he lost, were really close games. he didn't lose them (i.e. the way Favre lost in the playoffs the last few years he was in it). it was the other side that made some great plays to win them.

7. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BREAKING NEWS:

Warner won't be able to attend his HOF induction ceremony since he's too busy praising Jesus.

1 person likes this.
  8. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Cut the crap :)

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    LOL, repped. Maybe Kurt could incorporate a preachy-ass sermon into his induction speech.

You know, I didn't have a real problem wth Warner's faith, because it didn't seem like he was recruiting. I've grown up with friends who were Catholic, Jewish, atheist and Protestant. In addition to Christians, I've taught Muslims, Jews and Buddhists. Never in my life have I had a Muslim, a Jew or a Buddhist approach me with the idea that he had something going on that could make my life better than I can make it myself, that he had the key to anything for me. I respected them all so very much for not trying to share their faith with me.

10. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally see where you are coming from dude. I didn't hear it from Warner this year but in the past it WAS like Warner was preaching to his teammates/coaches and the fans.

In fact it was heavily rumored that the rift between Warner and Martz was partly due to the fact the Warner talked about Jesus too much and Martz told him to SHUT UP about it i.e. this is NOT church. It's a FOOTBALL team.

Then a year or two ago in Arizona Warner had a pool party and invited his teammates over but hardly any of them showed up!! It's because they didn't want to be preached to!!

I know for a fact that a lot of fans didn't like his Jesus talk but I didn't hear that this at all until his retirement sermon!!

Maybe someone should tell Warner that there is ZERO historcal evidence that Jesus existed AT ALL!!

www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

11. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What does that and Warner's beliefs have to do with his retirement and HOF status?

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL....did you HEAR his retirement speech?? Jesus was mentioned more than once.

ONLY because Warner kept referring to Jesus I pointed out that if you actually check the historical records from that era there is NO sign that Jesus, Moses, etc. ever walked on earth.

That's WHY great minds like Einstein, Thomas Edison, and Thomas Jefferson said Christianity is based on myths and fables.

Sorry for the digression. Back on topic now.

13. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Didn't know about that- I guess I pretty much forgot about/lost track of his behavior after the Pats won the Super Bowl.

Again, nothing wrong with him being true to who he is. It's just the vibe that a lot of these people feel like they have to save me from something, or that I should change something about my life.

Back on topic- Kurt will make the Hall, and I don't think anyone will hold his beliefs against him and delay his induction by a few years or anything.

14. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see what you mean bro. Luckily those kind of people who try to force their beliefs on you are becoming more and more rare in America i.e. there aren't nearly as many of those kind as there used to be.

LOL--I just noticed you're from Alabama which is ironic since that's probably one of the top 3 or 4 most Christian states in the country.

Warner will make the HOF but ONLY because he took the Cards to the Super Bowl last year and play a great game only to have Rothlisbugger and the Steelers make that amazing comeback.

If Warner and the Cards got knocked out in the first game against Carolina like everyone expected then he would almost for sure NOT go in the HOF.

But I don't think Warner is necessary is an immediate HOFer like Dan Marino was where they waived the 3 year waiting period or whatever it is. I think he could have to wait however long you usually have to wait.

15. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The Cards hosted the Falcons in the wild card round. The game against Carolina was in the divisional round :)

16. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so it wasn't the first game for the Cards but it was the first game for Carolina.

That was the game where practically every expert picked the 12-4 team, Carolina. I don't see why Carolina couldn't have handled them the way the Saints did although by not such a wide margin.

I expected Carolina to win that game by 6 to 10 points and so did most people.

I know about Delhomme's 5 picks but Brett Favre has thrown 6 picks in a playoff game before. Delhomme had one of the best performances in Super Bowl history and the longest pass in Super Bowl history so I don't know what the hell has happened to him lately.

He even went to a pro bowl.

17. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    generally, I don't have a problem with athletes sharing their faith.
    it's when they switch from sharing it, to insisting or implying that it's the only right one for everyone, and everyone needs to believe as they do.
    as long as they keep it at - hey, this is what I believe in, and it's great, I'm fine with it.

18. juvefe2

juvefe2 New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Carolina must be kicking themselves for investing all that money in him. Ever since that playoff game he has not been the same. He was absolutly terrible this year and has turned into a turnover machine.

You know your bad when Matt Moore comes in and out plays you. No idea who Moore is but he did play well after Delhomme went down with his injury.

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it's a total mystery because his career QB rating is in the 80s which is actually pretty good. QBs like Marino and Elway have career QB ratings in the 80s.

It's just mind boggling what happened to Delhomme since he was always someone who had a WINNING record in games and also is STILL one of the league leaders in 4th quarter comebacks.

Is it a Cajun curse or something? Maybe Delhomme can use some Cajon Voodoo to lift the curse? LOL

20. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you and most Americans think like we do BUT do you realize Christian scripture actual says what you and I and most Americans are against?

There are many passages in Christian scripture (see bold faced) that INSIST you MUST follow their religion or your doomed to hell and their god is only real one eventhough there is ZERO evidence he existed at all much less any more evidence he is more real than any of the other zillion gods that man has claimed.

That is total insanity and goes against the values of freedom and liberty that America was founded upon. It amazes me how any educated person can believe such mythology.

That's why Einstein, Thomas Edison, and Thomas Jefferson among many other great minds called Christianity mythology and NOT reality.

21. minerva

minerva Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, I was born and raised Baptist, so I well know the requirements to proselytize (make disciples of all the nations, blah blah blah...). the problem is, it's a real turn-off. I mean if someone wants to know about your religion or what you have to offer, he/she will seek it out - at church, on the internet, a christian friend, whateve. it doesn't need to be constantly crammed down people's throats. unless the holy spirit convicts you and draws you to christ, you ain't coming either way. so they just need to sit back and let the holy spirit convice people, then step in and show them the "way." problem with "sharing" your faith, is that it often comes across with the implication of you see how happy and wonderful my life is? it's all because of Jesus. if you want to be as happy as I am, Jesus is the way, the only way.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's NO sign? You're nuts. The Bible is evidence. I'm not going to say it's conclusive evidence. I know enough philosophy for that. But it's just silliness to argue there's NO sign.
    That's an ATH argument. A bad ATH argument. So, if Jake Delhomme doesn't throw away the game, then Warner's not a Hall of Fame, but now he is? It's a whole lot closer, both ways, than that.

His postseason play last year helped him a hell of alot. But it didn't move him from 0% to 100%. It probably moved 10-20%.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had Tommy John surgery after the 2008 season. He has always gambled like hell, taken crazy chances, and won more of those gambles than he lost. But he's lost some zip on his arm and doesn't seem to have accommodated his game to that fact. Still tries all the same high-risk throws.
    How old are you? Are you a college sophomore? It's like you just discovered skepticism. The "call to authority" is a poor form of argument, and you seem completely unaware that you're a perfect mirror image of evangelical Christians.

24. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL.....You could NOT make a more IGNORANT statement. I go by the actual historical record and FACTS while Christians go by dogma and speculation and ignore the fact that NO ONE living at the time of Jesus had even heard of him or Moses or ANYONE in the bible.

Christians also ignore the fact that SEVERAL other gods like Mirthras, Dionysis, and Osiris were resurrected BEFORE Jesus and also had blood sacrifice and virgin birth and other characteristics of the MYTHICAL Jesus. They also ignore the fact that other religions also have apostles and disciples for their gods.

The reason why Einsten, Jefferson, and Edison said Christianity is mythology is because Jesus is simply a mythical construct of previous gods in the general area which is why you have ZERO eyewitnesses or even any contemporary historical accounts of ANY of the far-fetched claims made in the bible.

BACK on topic now.

Warner should get in the HOF but I doubt he'll get in on the first ballot unless there's a very slim class to choose from.

25. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Warner should retire. I feel that the Arizona team has passed its prime with the current team that they have. Sure, Fitzgerald is young, but the Cardinals did not have nearly as good of a run as they did in their Superbowl year. Kurt can still play, but I don't think it is in his best interest anymore.

The cards are still playoff contenders for their division, but i do not see them getting passed the first round in the years to come.