Kuranyi Stunned by not being choosen

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by soccer krazy, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Like yeasterday at Tvtotaö*:
    Raab: A red Ferari drove through Gelsenkirchen and you could hear:
    "Sccccccccccccheisssssssssssssse" :D

* althought i don´t like Stefan Rabb, but this was good.

2. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I can understand how disappointed he is. But condolence can't help more than
    good showing of top performances in the last couple of months.

3. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    If I was Kuranyi I wouldn't hold back either. He's been cheated by Klinsi. I wouldn't play for the NT anymore.

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    After reading Demichelis's reaction to being left out, I've become desensitized to any sympathy I might have for unpicked players...

5. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Wait...wouldn't Micho's reaction make you have MORE sympathy for unpicked players? I mean...the guy took it pretty hard.

6. HeyaBVB

HeyaBVB New Member

May 4, 2005
    Kiel, Germany
    He's a Scumer no one cares if he is at WC or not :)

7. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Maybe I worded that incorrectly....let me rephrase.

Micho's reaction was so tragic, that I have a hard time feeling bad for anyone else becaues he deserved to be in the squad more than any other players left out.

You can argue whether or not Kuranyi deserves it, but in Micho's situation there is simply no doubt.

8. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    No doubt? What do you base this assessment on? I don't have a deep understanding of the Argentenian player pool. Do you?

9. Jaison

Jaison New Member

May 6, 2005
    Tristan da Cunha
    Micho would have been a 3rd choice DM for Argentina anyways, with Mascherano and Cambiasso ahead of him. He didn't deserve a callup, though it could have been a good move anyways. This isn't a knock at Demichelis, who I think could start for a number of good NTs, but the reality of their depth at the DM position. Kuranyi not making the German NT was a much bigger surprise (though he certainly didn't deserve a callup either).

10. Lionhead

Lionhead New Member

May 3, 2006
    Giesing Heights
    This is a very subjective point of view. I don't think Asamoah, Neuville and Hanke deserve to be in the squad. Klinsi built his team over the last two years and he confirmed on various occasions that Kuranyi is first choice. With Klose and Poldi pushing him back he should be first sub, nothing more or less.

11. Wotan

Wotan New Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Philadelphia (& CAL)
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kuranyi certainly deserved to be on the NT ahead of Asamoah & Odoncor. At least the guy scores goals!:confused:

12. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Gosh, I am shocked that you disapprove of Odonkor as well as Asamoah. I would have never predicted this.

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats not the point. Micho had a much better season than Cambiasso OR Mascherano. Besides, Mascherano was injured for the most part and has just come back from it.

Plus, DM isn't the only position he can play, he was originally a CB, and there is no Argentinian CB that has had a better season or has been in better form than Demichelis this season. It's as easy as that.

Plus, Who in their right minds considers Coloccini a better player than Micho?

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Also, Pecks isn't going to play Cambiasso in the DM role, simply because he won't do justice to the position. He's more of a box to box midfielder who relies on those around him, a defensive minded midfielder(Mascherano) and an offensive minded midfielder(Riquelme). He simply will not just lay back, read the game, tackle or intercept balls. Only Mascherano can really fullfill this role and a close second would be Demichelis, not Cambiasso.

Now Peckerman took a big risk with this but that's only because he wants to make up for Argentina's lackluster offensive display in the last WC. This time around, he jampacked the team with more attack minded players, his objective clearly being to score a lot of goals, but he will have to rely soley on Mascherano for defensive duties in midfield, with Collocini as a possible backup, but he isn't exactly the most reliable player there either so to me, pretty much everything just begs for a Micho inclusion, but then again, it's Peckerman's decision, we've just to wait out and see if it does or does not come back to bite him in the butt.

15. Jaison

Jaison New Member

May 6, 2005
    Tristan da Cunha
    Micho might have had a better season, but Mascherano is still the best fit as their starting DM. Having said that, I personally would have taken Micho along (looking back at what I had wrote before, it was kind of muddled, and gave the impression that I agree with him not being selected, which is not the case). Pekerman, however doesn't see it that way unfortunately and, Micho was far from a shoe-in.