Review: Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by KyleS8, Mar 9, 2010.

?

Kuran-yay or Kuran-nay?

1. Bring him back - Löw needs to put his ego aside.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stick to your guns Joachim! - Löw's decision is the right one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With Gomez's recent injury. Klose should get 4-5 matches as a starter to regain his form. Lets hope he does, because he is either going to start or be the first off the bench for Loew in S.A.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Germany's most respected sports magazine's cover for this week says:

[​IMG]

Kuranyi In World Cup Form!

With Schalke In First Place, Does Loew Have To Give Him Another Chance?

But go ahead Joachim. Stick with your favorites who couldn't hit the ocean if they fell off the f#cking Titanic right now..... :rolleyes:

3. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, that's funny!

yeah, do u think kuranyi's actually now more subtle in his approach to being a striker than he used to be? I saw some nice play on and off the ball during this game

4. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A lot of players mature and their games become more refined as a result. Kuranyi is playing peak football right now.

5. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Paging Dr. Fagg0t... (Loew)

6. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Stick to your guns Joachim! - Löw's decision is the right one.

Kuranyi like Martin Max are limited players that wouldn't help the National Team.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kicker Poll:

24,242 people responded to the question "Should Joachim Löw give Kevin Kuranyi a new chance?"

Needless to say, an overwhelming majority (77.8%) responded yes.

I guess Germany fans get pissed off when the national coach continues to play guys who can't find their asses with both hands just because of their past performances while the Germany striker in the best form by far watches on his big screen at home.

2004 was 2004. 2006 was 2006.

That was then. This is now.

It is a good thing Löw is probably going to leave after the World Cup anyhow.

If he doesn't take Kuranyi and his strikers repeat their Bundesliga performances at the World Cup, there will be a lynch mob awaiting Löw when Germany is bounced from the competition early.

Again, taking Kuranyi doesn't guarantee success. He could shit his pants again and not produce.

But no one is going to tell me that you don't take a chance on the guy who is producing at the moment.

The national team is not a club team. Players don't have contracts and assigned spots.

A national coach is supposed to be able to adapt to many personnel changes to give his team their best chance to win.

Joachim Löw has never done that. He's just largely stuck with the team Klinsmann left him.

After all, all he's had to do is not f#ck things up.

He might be finally doing just that.........

8. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Beckenbauer has backed up Kuranyi too.

Der Kaiser said the priority is to pick the best players for the WC. And he suggests Kuranyi n the NT coaching staff n the DFB president to held a meeting.

I think things are looking good

9. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel remembered to the weeks just before the EC. This forum is a catastrophe every time a big tournament is held.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wouldn't say things are "looking good."

They shouldn't force Kuranyi on Löw.

If they do, you can bet Löw is gone.

Or if he's so "principled" as many here like to say he is, he'll quit before he allows Kuranyi to be forced on him.

Either way, in my opinion, Germany wins.

I'm not supporing Kuranyi because I'm any type of fan of his.

I actually hate the mother f#cker.

However, justice is justice.

If his incident had just happened six months ago, I would still support Löw.

But Kuranyi has suffered enough. The guy deserves another chance and his countrymen are calling for him.

I stopped supporting Löw in this when it was clear this wasn't about any "principles", but about Löw's own f#cking ego.

11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're right.

But just as this could be another 2008, it could also be another 2004 or 2000.

Germany doesn't come through every time........

12. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This stuff again. :D

An internet poll? That doesn't indicate anything. Who are these 24,242 people? Is this a representative sample of the general population of Germany, with right proportions of poor:rich, male : female, those who watch football: those who don't, with right representation across education levels and all other such demographic criteria that make up modern Germany? Are the 'yes' guys all Schalke fans? Are they all German NT fans. Or do they wish ill of the German NT? Are these guys Kuranyi fans? Or are they Kuranyi cronies, who have voted because he's asked them to? :p

In short, is this poll representative of what the overall German opinion on Kuranyi is? The answer is a no.

Who is Beckenbauer? Is he the coach? Does he hold any official position with the NT? What gives him the right to interfere and call for a tripartite meeting between Kuranyi, DFB and Loew?

If Beckenbauer wants to call the shots, maybe he should come back to coaching the NT.

Interfering in Loew's work, is only going to reduce his self confidence and mess things up even more. :eek:

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what the thread is about laday.

Actually, the poll was on the Kicker website where ANYONE can vote.

It is as legitmate as any other football poll here in Germany.

And Kicker is the most legitimate media football source in Germany.

They may not the "ultimate", but they are best and recognized here as the most respected and most FAIR!

Lady, Franz Beckenbauer is only still the most revered figure in German football history.

His words and opinion still carry a lot of weight.

The fact that he's chosen to even say anything on this issue at this point in time speaks volumes.

As far as your "Poll" and "Who is this" comments, lady you are clueless.

I live here in Germany. It isn't hard to figure out what the football public here believes.

I'm also a fan of the club who hates Kuranyi's club the most.

The Dortmund-Schalke rivalrly is a BLOOD rivalry.

But even most Dortmund fans admit Kuranyi belongs on the national team.

I try to respect you, but in this case you are talking about things you have no idea about.

14. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a matter of fact, here's what another die-hard Dortmund fan wrote at our e-mail list on this subject:

Löw is an idiot. I doubt he will take Kuranyi back. The thing is: Löw has told Kuranyi to f#ck off so often that he would look really stupid now if he took him back. However, he also looks stupid when he takes sorry-ass Klose and Podolski and leaves Kuranyi at home. But then, he himself is responsible for that. Kicking Kuranyi out back then might have been the right thing to do. But Löw's childish shit "not then, not now, not ever again' is not making him any friends. Ask "der Mädchen", Totti Frings :D

If you don't believe this is the opinion of the majority of Germany fans, you are simply in denial.

15. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The public opinion is changeing like KK's outfits (except the beard).

16. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I hope Loew is THAT confident in himself and his strikers that he knows he can do well with that team otherwise if he leave Kuranyi at home and the NT has trouble scoring and does poorly, he will not be able to show his face in German for about 4 years.

17. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @footyfan1:

You are 100% right on every point you've said. Kuranyi is the best talent available right now. I know what Kicker is, and I am not trying to undermine its veracity. I know they are the most legitimate, trusted, recognized football site in Germany. But this isn't about the site. Its about those who have voted on it. Lets us take what you say to be correct. Lets assume that the kicker poll is how Germany really feels. But since when does popular opinion dictate what the coach should do?

On a similar poll 4 years ago, on the same website, people voted for Kahn to start the games ahead of Lehmann. Also Lehmann himself was involved in a slander match against Kahn in the media. But still, Klinsmann choose Lehmann.

I obviously know who Beckenbauer is. That was a rhetorical question. I know that Dortmund and Schalke have a HUGE rivalry. I am not as clueless as you think I am.:p

The point here is that Beckenbauer's interference will do more harm than good. Any interference does only harm. Please let the coach do his job. And the much 'revered' Beckenbauer has a habit of continuously interfering and criticizing the national team/ head coach. He has done that to all coaches and sides from the 96 side of Berti Vogts to Loew today. If Beckenbauer had such reservations about what happened to Kuranyi, he should have raised his voice in Oct 2008. Justice delayed is justice denied.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

To wrap it up,
    I know Kuranyi is the striker with the best form and stats today. I know Loew was harsh on him 18 months ago. I know that you and the rest of the fans here who are clamoring for Kuranyi's return are doing so with the best intentions of the German team in their mind.

What I am arguing for, is going against a system that is in place because of current circumstances. Beckenbauer is currently not a part of the system. I think he should keep his comments to himself and not force a meeting on Loew. I think the general opinion of Germany too is not a part of the system. It shouldn't influence Loew.

That's all

18. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Other then Beckenbauer, Magath and Heynckyes also publicly stated that Kuranyi should belong to the NT.

Apparently, either way(recalling Kuranyi or not), Loew will look stupid. It doesnt make a difference. But the entire setup, including all these out of form players and injuries, i can see the fate between the NT and Kuranyi. Coincidence or what?

But as a coach, the self-esteem of "doing this will make me look stupid" shouldn't be more important than having a better team or better players for the WC.

I know the chance is slim anyway, but at least bringing in the best possible players will be the most logical step.

poorvi, i think u've underestimated Der Kaiser's influence in German football. What he said does matter, n in this incidence,i just think its a fair comment, at least its objective

19. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Internet polls are highly inaccurate simply because the sample is unverified.

Maybe the only people who voted are fans of Schalke and the artist formally known as Prince.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckenbauer's words:

That first sentence is exactly what I said about this thing during the discussion on the Germany-Argentina thread.

In that last one, the "at the moment" is the key. As I said, Kuranyi might get back and f#ck up again.

Nothing is guaranteed.

But you also can't stick with the same old players who've done nothing for two years while a guy who is tearing up the league sits at home just because you're still pissed off at him.

Once, back when I was playing organized baseball. I had a coach suspend me for two games for telling him to "F#ck Off" in the heat of the moment.

I was one of the best players on the team and the team needed me those two games (we lost both) but I understand why my coach did what he did.

I didn't at the time, but I do now.

He should have suspended me longer, but he picked a supension that was justified.

Coach J had a way of seeing both sides of the story that I still try to do in my life today.

If I looked at this purely as a fan, there would be no way I could support Kuranyi. I hate him.

But looking at this as a fair and somewhat impartial grown-up (I don't give a rat's ass what Germany does at the World Cup, but I do want them to field their best team so there are no excuses if they are beaten) enough is enough.

Kuranyi has been punished enough. He didn't kill anyone or hurt anyone. He simply left a game that he wasn't even a part of without permission.

He didn't call Löw a son of a whore or anything like that. The man was humiliated and made a stupid move.

He's apologized profusely and proved his worth.

And just because no one cared when he wasn't in form doesn't make Löw right.

Kuranyi's form has called attention to the situation again.

My daughter cut out of school last week and her suspension was two days. I grounded her for two weeks.

I'm glad they don't expel students for a lifetime for one mistake.

We've had guys go AWOL from the Army and get less time than Kuranyi has already served.

No one who counts in German football backs Löw in this situation except those in his inner circle.

Even the people who hate Kuranyi and his club the most admit the guy should be on the national team.

Of course, this all comes down to what each individual considers justice.

And of course, there are those (not you "poorvi") who simply hate Kuranyi and it shows in their words.

I can actually understand their feelings. I hate Kuranyi too.

But I won't let that hatred guide my judgement when evaluating this situation.

Again, if this had happened just six months or a year ago, I would still back Löw.

But it has been long enough. And enough is enough.

The German National team shouldn't be about Joachim Löw's ego.

If he can't take the fact that the best German striker right now is someone he doesn't like, then maybe Löw should just quit.

That way, he could really stand up for his "principles." :rolleyes:

Can I ask about another situation involving another Schalke player??

This question has nothing to do with the Kuranyi situation.

Should Löw and Andreas Köpke continue to push Rene Adler as the Germany #1 when Schalke's Manuel Neuer is clearly better??

Is there another thread about this already?? I've really only looked at this one so far today.

21. ★ ☆ ★

★ ☆ ★ New Member

Aug 28, 2008
    Republic of Vanuatu
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano

The internet could replace you with a retarded parrot taught to type random nonsense and it would have the same effect as you. No need to be racist persian boy.

22. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :mad:

You mean Ms. Slumdog Millionaire or princess of curry or whatsoever.

Oh and I'm Punjabi. We don't eat curry. We're more into this:

[​IMG]

23. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At Kicker.de?

No way.

I'm certain many Schalke fans voted.

And as stated, even the majority of Dortmund fans admit he should be on the team.

This question has been flying around Germany for awhile now.

Not everything gets discussed at BigSoccer.

24. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    If he says:
    "For the sake of Germany and in the best interest of the national team, I have decided to put aside my reluctance to take Kevin -- based on his past behavior -- and include him in the selection of the national side. His performance in the Bundesliga this season has been good enough to warrant a spot on the team. I hope Kevin will continue this form that has earned him this second chance. While I have never, and still do not, condone his behavior or feel it should be rewarded with a call up to the national team, as caretaker of the German chances in the World championships this summer I have listened to the calls from experienced players, former players and coaches -- such as Heynckes, Magath, and so on, as well as overwhelming public opinion -- to include Kevin in the national side. I hope he continues his scoring and will be equally as successful in the World Cup this summer."
    If he states it like this he cannot lose. He states his reluctance to take him back, that HIS position has not change, but notes that he is man enough to see the form Kuranyi is in and that others (and he names who they are) who are calling for his inclusion. Noting public opinion, which backed Loew originally in excluding Kuranyi, has not changed. He literally is saying "you forced my hand and I am man enough to to see that, because of form and form alone, he will go." But he squarely acknowledges he is being dragged there. If Kuranyi flops it is all on Kuranyi himself, those who pressured Loew to take him and the public. HE is free and clear of blame.

Question is: Is he man enough to DO that? I doubt it.

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here, I think you are right.

Those comments were definitely out of line.