kudos to msg's Sportsdesk

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by purojogo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might not be completely Metro related, but it was great to see that on their regular program they had the feature about the USMNT and the atmosphere at away games, that was first shown on the Metro Soccer Report.... Seeing that there is no game for the US the in the near future (11/17 does not count).... i think MSG should be given credit for this....

Maybe the cynic in me (despite not being a baseball fan) says: "Hey, anything to cut into the coverage of the World Series' Game 4"... ;) But hey, it's air time and this is the show they replay all night and a big deal of next morning, IINM....So again, kudos.....

2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll use this thread I guess for this.

Steve Cangelosi and Joe Tolleson both work soccer for ESPN Intl on the side. Just found that interesting.

3. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Thomas A Fina states - "Steve Cangelosi and Joe Tolleson both work soccer for ESPN Intl on the side. Just found that interesting"

And how is this unrealted to a mysterious slush fund of 10 mil from an obscure and overlooked board meeting that approved these funds undercover of a lunar Eclipse, the week before a national election?

Cangelosi Stadium to open in Harrison, indeed!*

* Meer speculation based on unsubstatiated rumors

4. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting...Now this is the sort of 'conflict' of interest i have no problem whatsoever with...The more soccer, the better.....

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Now that the Metro will have both MSG & FSN NY All to themselves once the Mets get their own TV Network.

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mocking me boy? My grandmother mocked me once.

Once.

- Cangelosi was doing the Ajax-PSV game with Jaunsz Michialik - he did a good job according to those who watched in the YA forum and I don't think babytiger2001 would even know that he does some Metro broadcast. When I then brought up Joey T, he said he did games too.

7. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    A bit more critical thought might make this fairly entertaining show even better... Shep especially, he's on the soft side.