Alert: KSA vs North Korea - WC 2010 Qualifier - Leg 1 in (PyongYang) North Korea

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Nov 20, 2008.

1. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    [​IMG]

lol sorry couldn't resist

2. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I cant wait to hear the fart sultan comment about this game!!

Bye bye world cup!!!

Sorry but unless something is done to saudi organization this is just going to continue on....

Congrats Korea!!

3. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    it was a horriable idea to play with 1 striker, and 5 midfielders...

yasser tried, you gotta give him credit,

it was a pretty good game.

4. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    who's idea is it to play with 5 midfield? Johar? I doubt it. cant believe i wasted money on this shit! Good thing i didn't expect much out of this team with its crappy organization.

5. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

The game was good. And noor did play well. If only the other Saudi players played like him.

North Koreas goal was also a bit fault of the saudi defense.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    To the members of the Saudi national team:

I'd like to introduce you to a magical thing called "passing".

To see how it works, review the game you just played and watch the Koreans, not your own fugly selves.

Also, I know this is just mind blowing but hear me out, you can actually move when you don't have the ball really! I'm not making this shit up!

7. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    You really cant blame the defense on this. The midfield looked as if they were playing a friendly! no need to blame the defense since they pretty much were the only ones playing in the first half.

8. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    as for sultan, give th guy some credit, its not his fault they had to play in real cold weather, bad place, bad time, fake grass......

what do you want him to do..

9. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    lol.........

10. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    LOL, great one!! IT is as if they were just waiting for the ball to come to them

can we say that Saudi is officially out of the top tier teams?

ah..Johar just keeps on proving how stupid he is, how much more does he has to do to know that people already know he is...

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It's his fault that the Saudi soccer system is basically like feudal era France.

One time during the match, Suhail had the ball in the right midfield and I decided to look around the pitch and see what our other players were doing.

I was shocked! Yasser,Raheb,Tayseer and Noor were just standing there! marked by a N.Korean player each and doing nothing to try to lose their markers!

It's like they've never heard of off the ball movement!

12. ksa11

ksa11 New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    anyways, its 3 am here and i got an exam at 8 am,

but i think we can stil pull through and qualify, iran will be a hard one though

13. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    NO!!! he is probably one of the main reason why the Saudi FA is crappy like hell. I would say in terms of organization the Saudis are among the third tier. plus, he just proved his unprofessional ways on TV, how much evidence do you want more?

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Now Iran will have a chance to elimiante Saudi Arabia in Azadi, and crush their dreams of World Cup qualification in front of 100,000 screaming Iranian fans, Ahhhhh sweet revenge served cold. I can't wait, it will be the the sequel of the Iran-Bahrain match from 2006 WCQ. Iran's revenge: The Final episode :D

15. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Keep your head in the game. You play South Korea next not us. If you start drooling to early about revenge it might bite you in the ass. Focus.

16. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    lol If we beat Korea, the Iran-SA match will be a blast!!

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran-South Korea's result is irrelevant to the scenario I mentioned. Regardless of Iran-South Korea result, Saudi Arabia will be practically eliminated should they lose to Iran in Tehran.

18. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It would be pretty hollow to eliminate Saudi Arabia and not qualify yourselves.

If you lose to South Korea, you'll be third in the group with South Korea have a huge lead and considering this is the first time you guys have faced South Korea,

19. mahooy

mahooy New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Honestly, i expected North Korea to win by 1-0 BUT STILL, WHAT THE HELL WAS THE KSA COACH THINKING??? WHAT'S THIS CRAP FORMATION?!?!?! NO OFFENCE TO YASSER UFFFF, IF HE JUST PUT AL SHAMRANI WITH YASSER AL QAHTANI THEN IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A BIT DIFFERENT....and why doesn't he use any other strikers except yasser or malek??? what's that?!?! this coach should stop depending only on yasser or malek!!!

20. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Frankly, I don't under-estimate any team in the group but I believe that beating Iran in Tehran is a very big ask and realistically speaking, currently, Saudia doesn't have the potential to do it i.e., win against Iran in Iran !!!!
    So, Saudia will lose this match 100%

Now, Saudia should eye on the 3rd spot as it is there for the taking and must battle it out as the Play-Off is the only option for them to qualify to the world cup now ....

21. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia should also keep an eye on the goal difference as it might be needed at the end. Currently Saudia is lying at the bottom (2nd last spot) with a goal difference of -2 while the top three teams have a goal difference of not less than +1

22. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It shouldn't be too difficult to close the GD gap. We still have matches with the top 3 and hopefully we can put a few past UAE.

23. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

yeah.... beating North Korea in North Korea wasn't also too difficult and many were thinking that Saudia can put a few past North korea in pyong yang.... but we now know what happened.

It is basically LACK of Proper Planning i.e., 2 to 3 Friendly matches against real big & tough teams rather than minnows like Thailand and so on....

Who knows, may be for preparing against Iran, Saudi Arabia might arrange friendlies against Bangladesh, Cambodio or even Solomon Islands ....

In essense, Saudia should play the friendly matches against the teams that have given hard time to Iran in their friendly or official matches with Iran like in the recent past, Iran lost 0-1 in a friendly match against some good team at Tehran so, play the team that has played with Iran recently and beat Iran. Only then we can hope that some thing positive will come from the match against Iran.

Let's watch n pray.

24. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What I was talking about is that if we win or draw our next matches, the GD will right itself. Because really, what's the use of goal difference if we don't get those points?

25. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Absolutely True .... And what I am talking about is to play 4 to 5 friendlies against big teams so that the National Team is in Form & Organized properly for facing Iran.

Yasser will be out for Iran's game so, Nasser Al Shamrani should be given full match right from the word go and let him polish himself and get in form with Malek Moath upfront.