Alert: KSA vs Iran - WC 2010 Qualifier - Leg 2 in Tehran

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Nov 20, 2008.

1. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    the whole thread u said only one sentence....saudi will lose....what happened now suddnely changed ....

2. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Let's not go overboard. Iran had some dangerous chances too (especially Mahdavikia's chance in the 1st half). I think 2-1 is a good reflection of how the game went.

3. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    When Peseiro was in charge of Al-Hilal he was accused of being excessively defensive because he used only 1 striker and up to 3 DM's. He on the other hand said he would have loved to play with 2 strikers if he had someone good enough to play next to Yasser. So I think Peseiro is just a guy who plays in accordance with the players at his disposal.

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i just saw a repear telecast of this match saudi-iran...
    to my beleive saudi had a luck for not havin any cards against them.

5. ~Fulanito~

~Fulanito~ New Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Abdo Autief got a yellow card, and if you mean that they deserve any more cards you are wrong since they played manly with no harsh interventions.

Go Go Saudi .. We hope to qualify and to burn the dreams of Sirkal and Hamam if they are really behind the on going plot by the refs.

Cheers,

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If you have had read the entire thread with both of your eyes wide open then you would have had noticed that i kept on saying that if and only if Saudi Araiba plays an attacking football (which they did and specially after the Iran's goal) then they stand a chance of winning or getting some reasonable outcome from the game ......
    Otherwise, my judgement was on the basis of their recent form before the Iran's game in which they also drew with Iraq's "B" Team !!!
    Teams are judged on the basis of their past & current performance in which Saudi Arabia was way behind before they eventually won against Iran with an Attacking Football by Nour, Hazzazi, Shamrani and infact, all the players.

7. Desert Son

Desert Son New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Arizona
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Stop Jibba-Jabbin';
    I pitty the fool who don't stop fightin' about a game that's already over!

The game's over, we got the three points at Azadi, another three last night, things are lookin' good.

8. Iraniantiger

Iraniantiger New Member

May 2, 2007
    Sorry for the late reply guys but I'm training to go to Navy boot camp, and I leave May 27th. I just wanted to congratulate KSA on their win against Iran in Azadi. You guys outplayed us and deserved that win. It's going to be very tough for us to qualify to the world cup from this point, but a part of me is glad that this happened. We need to have better organization and it starts from top. The IFF just has no clue and I think every Iranian would agree with me on this. At least your federation spends money on the team while we get guys like Ali Daei to coach us. No disrespect to Ali Daei he just was not ready to be the coach of Iran.

Well best of luck to you guys I"ll be routing for KSA in the world cup when you guys make it. I really like how you guys played an attack style of football, and you did not panic when Iran went up 1-0. Most teams at that point would of packed it in but not KSA. Good show guys and congratulations.

9. Desert Son

Desert Son New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Arizona
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Top Class!!!

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    excuse me...entire thread u said saudi should play an attacking football as we are going to lose and only lose...nothing u said that saudi should play an attacking game to win..it was not only u to say that saudi will definetly lose but also majority of the members...
    secondly if you count on current and past experience let me say you i count on the current situation and my counting is some what knowledgeble...

11. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Hard luck dude, and all the best at camp.

12. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks Iraniantiger. Good luck in the rest of the qualifiers (I don't think Iran's situation is as dire as some people make it out to be).

13. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We shall see....

14. shayan_esteghlali

shayan_esteghlali New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Esteghlal
    i know this is really late, but i just wanted to congratulate the Saudis on playing a beautiful game agianst Iran.
    Saudi deserved this win, every Iran fan at Azadi stadium including me agreed that Saudi out played us!
    thanks to saudi ali daie is fired, and hopefully on saturday we will defeat north korea and be back in the race for the WC!

15. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thank you Shayan. Best of luck to your team. I have a feeling Iran will benefit from a "new coach boost" much like Saudi Arabia did.

16. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    NOO I hope they get "new coach confusion" :(

:p