Alert: KSA NT @ World Cup 2022

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by al ittihady, Apr 3, 2022.

1. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    There hasn’t been a Coach in Saudi that transferred to a prominent euro league team in a while. The physical readiness, is really more of a capability issue that the average player struggles with but not necessarily the players I mentioned including some older players like Mohammad noor

We saw in 2006 WC Noor would dominate physically even up until the 80 minute mark. We saw it with Kanno, Abdullhamid etc.

Also to point out, physical readiness is something that players can fix in a few months. The technique aspect is one you learn as a kid, so they have that all figured out.

you’re right though. It’s the overall mentality that needs to change. The truth is, it’s gonna be hard to see players in Europe because they are not at a level where top euro teams would show interest (except maybe Abdullhamid if the rumours are true). They would have to sacrifice money.

and as I mentioned before, It’s a sin to leave Al-Hilal in your peak.

I’m positive everyone still remembers and knows what happened to Fahad AL Ghisyan and how these clubs treated him after leaving

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    What's your opinion ?

Renard to continue or not?

3. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    I think renard did a fantastic job preparing the team, but Man so many questionable decisions. I get that the crux of his decision was to improve the Saudi overall physicality but Riyadh Sharahili for example should have never seen a minute in the World Cup.

I actually would prefer Sheri take over. Most of the main guys next World Cup would have played under Sheri..

But Keeping renard is not a bad choice.

4. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    The biggest thing this Saudi team needs moving forward is finding a replacement for Faraj. Maliki-Kanno should will likely still start in 2026 at 32 and that’s fine.

i just don’t want to see Ali Hassan and Riyadh. I don’t care that they’re 6’1and strong. They don’t have the technical abilities to compete against top teams

5. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    We also need a legitimate replacement for Sahrani - AlBuryek - Ghannam.

Also someone better than Firas

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't mind either a local coach taking over the NT. Its high time now the FA stops relying on foreign coaches but only concern is they might get highly pressurized and influenced by the club owners to select there own players. Also, Sehri lacks coaching senior players experience. His stint with Ittifaq was a short one but him and a other local coach as assistant can do wonders. Let's see how he does for Gulf Cup with U-23 plus few senior players squad.

The replacement of many players will be an issue as long as the league allows 8players in the club level. We haven't seen any new players rising in each position in last couple of seasons. Another issue is the NT coaches don't look beyond big 4 clubs while selecting the players which tends the players in mid table club have to search for options in the big clubs & then they move they find themselves in the bench as there place is already occupied by a highly paid foreigner.

But I feel the players sent for scholarships abroad can add significant value to the NT in coming years. Rayan Idrees forexample has been appreciated a lot & gaining interest from other leagues too..

7. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    unfortunately, I think there’s always going to be cons. All I know is that Sheri, has coached the same players for years now. He knows most of these players from the beginning of their careers)

I think the scholarship program is a great way for the players to get past the hurdle of the big teams in Saudi. as long as these players don’t get scooped by big local clubs, they might find themselves in Europe...

8. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    Do you think Ahli relegation would have some sort of negative effect on NT? They’ve produced some good talent in the past.

9. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't think as we could see Renard picking up players from Ahli too in WC Squad. But I feel soon it will be gone as I don't see the club overall picking itself up and coming back to the league. The players would have been noticialble if goals were floating it but its not the case either.

10. Sa4lyfUk

Sa4lyfUk New Member

Liverpool FC
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 1, 2022
    I know people here are not impressed with with Sharahili and Al Hassan but if you remember in 2018 Kanno was way below par too. Maybe those 2 don't posses the most ideal technical abilities but hopefully they can step up their game by 2026. On the other hand, I was wondering how's Ali Al Asmari been performing he can replace Faraj definitely. Moreover, any news regarding Abdulhamid and Kanno for transfers? Shukran

11. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    sharahili is old. He’s not coming back...Maybe Ali-alhasan.

but Kano has always the technical abilities he just didn’t play well. Nothing with Abdullhamid and Kano which means Al-Hilal probably blocked all the moves.

with Abdullhamid - it’s likely both Al Hilal and Saud who blocked since the offer was probably way too low and the salary a major reduction.

It’s likely the same with Kanno

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    #112 al ittihady, Jan 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    Saudi Team for Gulf Cup Announced -

Nawaf Al-Aqeedi, Abdul Basit Hawsawi, Muhammad Al-Absi, Madallah Al-Olayan, Muhammad Abu Al-Shamat, Ahmed Basamoud, Hussein Al-Subyani, Ziyad Al-Sahafi, Mishaal Al-Subyani, Rayan Hamed, Qassem Lagami, Riyad Sharahili, Faisal Al-Ghamdi, Awad Al-Nashiri, Nayef Masoud, Musab Al-Juwair, Saad Al-Nasser, Hussein Al-Issa, Samihan Al-Nabit, Turki Al-Ammar, Ahmed Al-Ghamdi, Raed Al-Ghamdi, Muhammad Maran.

As expected Saad Sehri to lead the team and is taking much younger squad with him. But was expecting to see few names in the list to gain experience before the Asian Cup - Abdul Rahman Aboud, Saleh Al Amri, Muhanad Shanqeeti, Zakaria Hawsawi, Abdul Aziz Bishi, Fawaz Al Sqour and many more..

13. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    Looks like a decent team.

strange to say this but I think that team can challenge Qatar for the Championship. The main goal here should be finding the next set of players for the Asian cup - world cup

14. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Mostly unknown players to say the least. which club do each of them play for, and what's their age respectively?

15. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Check wikipedia .

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't think Qatar or Saudi is challenging for this trophy now. I see Oman or Iraq taking this one as they are taking first team unlike the others.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  17. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If the chatters are true, Saad Sehri's adventure with NT in Gulf Cup is testing phase for him to lead the NT in future.

The FA was not satisfied with Renards recommendation of asking his assistants to takeover in as it was done in Arab Cup which backfired big time. If SS, manages to take the team to Semis atleast then it can mark end of Renards era and he will take over soon.

18. Sa4lyfUk

Sa4lyfUk New Member

Liverpool FC
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 1, 2022
    Brothers do not get me wrong renard is possibly the best manager in world football. He has done miracles in Africa by winning afcon with Zambia, laid the seeds for Morocco to reach semis. Biznilla he will lead us to Asia cup glory and possibly world cup quarters. We have seen Nasser Al johar with Saudi and how it backfired heavily, I'm not against appointing Saudi managers but first we need the Saudi players to play abroad to make it simpler. Morocco with mudarrib Walid is an example. Be patient n keep calm changing managers hampers the quality of the team

19. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Did anyone watch KSA vs Yemen? How was it ?

20. Sa4lyfUk

Sa4lyfUk New Member

Liverpool FC
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 1, 2022
    The one against Iraq was a horror show not because of how we played but more to do with the pitch the game was being played on. Not sure why it wasn't being called off

21. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    Why are they playing older players? It’s odd. They should focus on finding the next set of players

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They are that set of players who FA wants to keep happy just by saying we gave you chance with NT but you failed.

That said I never agree to the point that NT should have younger players and older players should be discarded. NT is for all ages as long the player gives 100% to the team and can carry the game. Look at Modric, at 36 he dictates the game and can play 80 minutes without any hassle. Also, choosing more younger players and shouldering them the responsibility of carrying the nations name in major events can backfire to them and the nation if they stumble under pressure. This can even cause more damage if they won't be able to pick themselves up later and completely loose confidence.

23. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    Al Hilal is leaning towards rejecting Troyes offer for Saud Abdullhamid.

Typical.

24. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Any sources ?

25. LandingMines

LandingMines New Member

Al Hilal
    Saudi Arabia
    Dec 23, 2022
    https://makkahnewspaper.com/ampArticle/1581801

This looks serious because Hilal management also confirmed. By no means is the fee cheap too at 4 million euro. That’s more than Saud salary for two years.

but Al-Hilal obviously won’t budge.