KS - SJ In/Post game [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Unorthodox Yank, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rob Stone is an idiot savant when he tries to be funny. "I like how you ended that interview with a knuckle bump, Eric." **Uncomfortable pause while Waldo tries to decide how to answer***

What's really embarassingly funny is when those two get in an argument. They sound like a couple of clueless BigSoccer posters. That's the voice of our league, folks. Yippee. What in the world is JP Dellacamera doing? Why can't we get him for ESPN2 or ABC or USMNT games?

OK, I'm spending all my time whining about the broadcasters because I can't stand to watch the game. Wizards stink today.

2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean, since the last time we were on ESPN2? :eek:

3. mannellaice

mannellaice New Member

May 8, 2001
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet he's playing about twice as well as Igor, although that's not saying much right now.

4. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeRosario off.

Thank god.

5. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, i'm not saying i wouldn't love being proved wrong...

6. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon Wizards.

just one goal would make me sleep a hell of a lot easier.

7. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an underwhelming game by the Wizards. Way to acquit yourselves on your second national game of the year. Goodness.

KC's gotta pull their heads out before the next game or their great regular season will amount to squat.

Edit: The sad thing is that I'm used to a team I'm cheering for WAY underperform. I get it from Iowa St. football every week...

9. mannellaice

mannellaice New Member

May 8, 2001
    KC, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 letter word. starts with f, ends with u-c-k

10. KCWizFan#3

KCWizFan#3 New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Overland Park
    What happened???? The Wiz is really gonna have to get it together if they want to go on. I'm so upset!

11. Mikegone

Mikegone Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Everybody sucked. We all suck. This sucks. Who the F is going to make a difference? Suck.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This was why we should never be on national TV, I never wanna see the Wizards on ESPN 2 again. Please don't put us on there. We did not look well at all today, we need to pull our heads out of our asses. I have not seen us play this bad since we last played the quakes on national TV. Has Gansler lost all faith in Taylor and Detter that Khari is our first sub off the bench???

Like I said earlier, what are the odds that Tony tries to come back for the second leg?

13. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I chose the right week to start drinking.

14. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess we're finally playing like a team missing its two best offensive midfielders and #1 goalkeeper.

15. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    As soccer fans, we are inherently negative. This is one of those times where I would like somebody to spread a bit of good karma, say “hell yeah, they can get two goals, or three next Saturday.” But since I don’t see that happening, I’ll give it a try myself…

Yeah, the Wizards will score three beautiful goals and make us all incredibly happy. Or two, and then win it in OT and we will all be even more happy.

…that’s such a lie. We’ve made it a point to win 1-0 9 times out of 10 this season. I don’t see it happening.

16. SnowyAruba

SnowyAruba New Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin, TX
    That was really atrocious.

Khari was probably our best player midfield up. I had hopes for Walsh, but he sucked as much as everyone else.

I thought we had an honest claim for a penalty in the first three minutes, when Waibel decided to "build an apartment complex" on top of Arnaud. (The quote is courtesy of Wordsmith Wynalda.)

I really don't have high hopes for this series. It's hard to see us scoring two and giving up none against an in-form Golden boy and his team of future Texas residents.

Their first goal is a fluke. I really thought we might have been due a little rub of the green after all the injuries, but apparently not. Waibel scoring was a kick to the junk. Was Bo being obstructed there? I know they called it later.

It didn't matter though. We were bad. I'm not sure where to start assigning blame, because about 4 players decided to show up and play. Move the team, I don't want them anymore. And we should never be on TV again.

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Landon Donovan's gonna be traded from the San Jose Earthquakes to FC Dallas next season? :confused:

-G

18. SnowyAruba

SnowyAruba New Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin, TX

I apologize. I hope the Quakes stay in SJ. I'm just pissed.

19. furryogre

furryogre New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    PA
    Would it really matter? That game was absolutely embarrassing.

My range of emotions during the game:
    I hope we win this game.
    I hope we can tie it up.
    I hope we can pull one back.
    I hope we can get some sustained pressure.
    I hope we can get a good shot off on a break.
    I hope we can complete a pass. :mad:

Forget the ONE shot on goal. We couldn't even complete a pass to save our lives. We looked like we were playing a man down the whole game. What the heck was going on?

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    The good news is that we don't have to play any more games at Spartan Stadium this season.

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem.

Now the Earthquakes must hold that lead against the Wizards... a tall order for any visiting team in KC. :eek:

-G

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it's amazing that earlier this season we prided ourselves on passing and today we couldn't complete 3 passes in a row, and our touch was atrocious

23. It's amazing that anyone would suggest that Khari belonged on the pitch today. He has no purpose or energy. At least 5 times he lost the ball and made no attempt to recover. His skills are more limited than his footspeed. I am completely lost as to the reasoning behind his substitution.

If you take Igor off bring Diego on. Bring Matt Taylor on and push Davy back. hell, bring someone on who hasn't played THE LEAST NUMBER OF MINUTES OF ANYONE ON THE TEAM. That's right even Vuk playing only one half of one game had more game minutes than Khari.

Despite this Bob inserts him into a 0-1 game.

This is not Khari's fault. He played as well as he could. This is about not being ready.

This loss is on Kerry, Diego, Davy, Josh, Jack and the coaching staff.

Another game like this one next saturday and the future of KC soccer might be dim.

Remember, you are only as good as your last game.

I know I'm pissed and probably overreacting. But ask yourself...did we look like we even belonged on the field with SJ?

I don't think so.

24. LSNsoccer362238

LSNsoccer362238 New Member

Dec 6, 2001
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I hope that Saturday night, after the game, we can all return to this thread and laugh at how we all thought it was over. That's what I hope.

25. SnowyAruba

SnowyAruba New Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Considering that Landon is faster than most people we have defending him, I'm worried about the counter. You'll get at least one with just team speed. We are going to have to go for broke, although with Gansler it will be a conservative, patient going for broke.
    :(