"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    He will miss the games against Valladolid and Levante.

I dont think that will be a problem Casemiro/Modric/Valverde is a strong midfield,Odegaard and Isco will get more minutes

BjornH and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good, that way we won't see the combination of Kroos/Modric/Casemiro start in midfield.

RMrules repped this.
  3. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    I don't think we should be troubled by either Valladolid or Levante without Kroos.

Casemiro Modric Valvarde
    Odegaard
    Benzema Jovic

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Has Jovic really shown any promise to justify another start or does he start just as another experiment? Personally i think if Vinicius is healthy he should be playing unless Hazard is fit, and in top shape.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    We could play Vinicius in the same lineup.

Vinicius Valverde Casemiro Odegaard

Jovic Benzema

I think Jovic needs a run of games.

Kroosinator and J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah give Jovic 3 starts if not up to par, we know he is not the one and look elsewhere for solutions

7. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #2382 Shay Z, Oct 2, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Watched the Toni Kroos documentary last night. Gotta say he’s one of the most interesting personalities in football. I respect and like him even more now. And I can see why Zizou likes him so much. Because there is a similarity between the two, the way they see football and the way they remain calm no matter what. It became more clear to me how instrumental he really has been over these years. Not just his play but just his personality.

There a beautiful picture of the German NT after they humiliated Brazil and everyone is dancing and taking a pic with Merkel and in the corner of the pic you see Toni calmly sitting on the bench taking his boots off as if nothing has happened.

Some of the little details in the documentary that I noticed which weren’t about Toni.

Bayern bosses are super salty. When Chelsea beat them in their own stadium it was glorious but seeing how they reacted was just priceless for me. I didn’t know that the rumors about Bayern players ducking penalty duty was actually real. Toni refused to take one as well. Doesn’t matter what he says now but he ducked it. I can’t believe they had no set plan for penalties. It’s unimaginable. The coach couldn’t even get all the players together because some were just trying to hide.

Bale celebrating with Toni far away from the main group of players at the CL celebrations after we whipped Liverpool.

Florentino talks about Real Madrid as if Real Madrid is a delicate, beautiful idea instead of a behemoth organization, an idea which he has to cocoon and nurture. That man is a gift for us for which we can never be grateful enough. He’s a visionary.

The Spaniards call the foreign players who congregate and stick together all the time especially when they arrive, “the club”. Lol

We already knew this but it became even clearer to me hearing the different people talk that the extreme pressure of playing for Real Madrid is not normal. It’s just a different level to the rest.

8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Excellent game from our German maestro today.

Lyra, PigBenis, MiamiNative0722 and 6 others repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    That goal would have been the icing on the cake.

Amazing how ZZ can still motivate these guys to give their best.

MiamiNative0722 and Drouchk repped this.
  10. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Very true, although to be fair Kroos played only 20 minutes or less of our last 2 games .

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I enjoyed his game today. We overall had some nice passing combos and he was usually involved.

dooda, PigBenis, madridista_hr and 10 others repped this.
  12. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    #2387 ImadEdd, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Well if he can't do it anymore for a CLASICO I'd be very worried.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He was great today. Very mobile. Even chased down and won the ball off of them. Passing was sublime. If he had finished that chance he would be MotM. Now let’s carry this form forward. He’s one of our main players. He needs to stay consistent for us to have a chance.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is so key to our success. When he has shit bagged it up, weve been terrible. When he is on, we win titles.

Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel like Kroos will be an unsung hero one day when he retires, both in Germany, and outside of the country. He plays up big, but in small ways you miss unless you sit down and take a closer look.

Deep Pal, Digital and madridista_hr repped this.
  16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yup...and the thing is, I bet he's fine with that.

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    For sure. If you look at him casually you’d think this guy is a lazy useless player but as soon as you look a little closer you’re surprised by how much he dictates the play. Modric said that Madrid goes the way Kroos goes.

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Kroos is in a class of his own in his position

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Knowing him from the podcast and the movie he's going to be hiding from the spotlight anyway, playing tennis or something.

Deep Pal and Cris 09 repped this.
  20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    To think we got Modric and Kroos for a combined 60 million... :laugh::inlove:

Absolute class both of them, on and off the pitch.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why?

22. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Add to that, Casemiro and Valverde for a combined 9 million :p.

Our scouts have done an unthinkable job there, wish they could do the same in finding a striker.

Excape Goat, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He doesn't strike me as a person that craves attention or homage. Would he appreciate it? Sure...but I don't think he seeks it and would prefer to have a life he can walk down the street with his family and enjoy ice-cream without getting hassled for autographs or selfies.

4x4s, Deep Pal and Lyra repped this.
  24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

PigBenis, Digital, Ahmadi8 and 4 others repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Because the life he lives doesn't depend on attention. Listening to him he's learned to hate almost every aspect of the sport other than the work itself. Sees himself as a regular guy like everybody else that just plays football for a living. His comments about Ronaldo seem to point at this direction as well, calling him the best player he's ever seen, but also somebody he didn't have much of a private realtionship with despite living door to door with him.

J-Mezzy, Lyra and Deep Pal repped this.