"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Our guys all had good tournaments. Good things coming next season

sleepyvato50, 4x4s, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  2. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish to see him as a captain for the German side in the future :)

3. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #979 Cris 09, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Yeah...all passes to the guy on the left and then they would return it and then he'd make all the passes to the guy on the right and then they would return it...then passes back to Neuer.

This German team had NO teeth on the attack. Not Kroos' fault..but he didn't help the situation either. If Loew has a proper #9, Kroos' stats might have included most assists as well.

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I disagree strongly. I think a lot of Kroos' passes definitely had a forward impetus throughout the tournament. Overall a really strong performance by him.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There was a lot of thick sarcasm in my voice...you'd think you'd be able to cut it with a knife. My point, yeah, he had an incredible set of stats and that makes him awesome.

Germany had some killer stats too. Overall, a strong performance by Germany. Guess, what? Eliminated in the Semi's. My point; they did so much but it equaled to nothing more than another exit during the semi's.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You aren't going to win 'em all, so to speak. Semis aren't anything to sneeze at either.

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Please don't tell me what is to "sneeze at" and what isn't. It is very presumptuous, as well as insulting. If you're happy with a Semi...good for you.

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wow you're sensitive. Look, the point is Germany wasn't the only talented team vying for the title. Winning every tournament is not a realistic outcome to expect.

10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #985 Cris 09, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Oh, please...fuck off - sensitive? What am I? A sensitive 12 year old kid in America? Everyone gets a trophy? I'm being realistic. After beating Italy, and with Spain, England, Italy and France eliminated, this would have been a very good chance at the title facing a very vulnerable Portuguese team in the final. This is their weakest team, especially in comparison to 2006, 2008 and heck - not to mention 2004.

The fact that we actually played an incredible opening 45 minutes vs France? These opportunities don't happen this often in tournaments, man. We blew it. This French team was very beatable in those first 45 minutes.

And please, don't tell me I am being sensitive about this. Aside from writing about it here on this forum, my life has not been affected by another semi-lose. Again, very presumptuous. This is the first time we have been so close in a Euro since 1996, and even that was a mountain to climb. I remember it vividly.

11. biohazard

biohazard Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Actually agree with Cris 09 here, should have won in. That France defeat will haunt me for a long time..
    On topic - Kroos was really ********ing good this tournament, especially the last game.

12. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After a certain age you'll be happy for any feeling down there I'm sure.

13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just realized we need to change the title of this thread. La Duodecima

S1na, euon, Saeta Rubia and 1 other person repped this.
  14. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  15. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    yep, France were certainly there for the taking alright...i wanted Germany to win the whole thing but hey that's football i guess

16. Phoenix Rising

Phoenix Rising Member+

Jan 4, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    #991 Phoenix Rising, Jul 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    I read a good article on managingmadrid.com yesterday, that highlighted statistically why Modric is so good. In the article, it compared his stats to other top midfielders in the game today (such as Kroos, Iniesta, Rakitic, Verratti, Gundogan). The thing that stood out to me most in that article is how good both Kroos and Modric's passing and controlling stats are... Kroos is better IMHO... but the two of them are among the best at it. However, playing both of them along with a DM, it's overkill, and the statistics show it too. Not enough action from both (+ the DM, so that's 3 players total) in the final third... and it's not because they're trying to accommodate the BBC... it's just how they play and what they do. That's why I think Pogba is needed, to provide that extra output/input in the final third while not giving up anything in defense. Kroos-Casemiro-Modric is like Papa Bear's porridge, i.e., too much. Any combination of Isco/James, Modric and Kroos without Casemiro is like Mama Bear's porridge, i.e, too little. Pogba-Kroos-Modric seems just right.

Edit: Here's the article. http://www.managingmadrid.com/2016/...luka-modric-so-special-a-statistical-analysis

17. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    "According to Impect’s analysis of all European leagues, Kroos beat the most players per game (whether with passing, dribbling, or with shooting), at an average of 85 defenders per game. For some context, the average for a DM was 28.

This means there was literally no player in Europe who was more penetrative with the ball than Toni Kroos.

This officially ends the debate surrounding Kroos. Saying he "passes sideways too much" or "doesn’t affect the game enough" has been proven to be false."

Toni haters can stay hating.

S1na, kime777, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not sure that's been the discussion lately. It's more a discussion of where do we utilise his abilities best: alone in DLP or partner him with a DM.

19. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm posting this because there are some members here that think that all Toni does is pass sideways or backwards. This disproves that notion. Can't wait till he enters his peak.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Haven't they been in hiding for a long time now? :)

Digital, RomanMadrid and Phoenix Rising repped this.
  21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Those people can't be taken seriously. Rarely have I seen such a penetrative passer of the ball. He literally almost always passes vertically.

Digital and RomanMadrid repped this.
  22. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hope they stay that way for a while.

9Qui repped this.
  23. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos just got a baby girl.congrats to him :*
    And her name is as cute as her ;) Amelie

PigBenis, Digital and Zidane05 repped this.
  24. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ok ok ok but he can't defend!!!!!!!! and back passes!!!!!!!!!

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I imagine those people don't actually watch him play

-Fifth CharM- and Zidane05 repped this.