"Kroos'ing to la undécima"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Doddu

Doddu Member

Jun 3, 2016
    When people say play Kroos at dm they need to look how that will work with bbc , same with Pogba.. Whose to say Pogba won't be utilized as just another glorified left back because he has to cover for both Marcelo and Ronaldo?

2. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who's to say Pogba adding more attack from the midfield won't put so much pressure on Marcelo to create from his LB position, allowing him to play a more balanced game? Pogba can be effective in attack or in the middle of the park, he and Marcelo can alternate. Ronaldo goes inside anyway, so talk of him hugging the left sideline consistently isn't happening.
    We rely too much on Marcelo on the left because Ronaldp often leaves him alone there. Isco and Marcelo have had some good moments connecting with each other, but Isco lacks a cutting edge and eye for goal that could broaden our attack. James has that eye for goal but isn't well-rounded enough to play in midfield. Pogba can be both.

3. Doddu

Doddu Member

Jun 3, 2016
    Marcelo is what he is. He can't be tamed, he is well past that age. He is reckless with defense and has no regard for when to go up and how fast to come down.

So asking Marcelo to play a reserved role is even if it is not impossible but highly unlikely to be effective.

You are right about Cr leaving Marcelo alone there but that is actually CRs problem, we can't just shift mids to wings to accommodate CRs tactical shortness and make the team susceptible for counter attacks. Which is why currently our midfielders are staying back when the wing backs are pushing up. You won't get any help from forwards.

The reason why I want cr replaced is all of this, he brings a huge tactical problem with his movements.

Phoenix Rising repped this.
  4. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    3 DM`s could not contain anything - if they would be first line of defense, let alone a DM and two CM`s.

Besides that i do not know what you have been watching, but after Zidane took over - especiall towards the end of the season, BBC`s contribution in general was great. If not, Casemiro / Modrič / Kroos would crumble like a cookie....like they did against mediocre Wolfsburg, when BBC forgot to defend.

:confused:

5. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    742098811833753600 is not a valid tweet id

Digital repped this.
  6. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Like Luka, Toni is the heart of his national team:

sleepyvato50 and RMSocrates repped this.
  7. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Obviously a great performance from Toni, but would we expect anything less given Ukraine didn't press him all night? That's the main guy you try and shut down!!!

Zidane05 repped this.
  8. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    742125103819960322 is not a valid tweet id

9. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos was a beast today. Just crushed the midfield.

10. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos was class today but Ukraine gave them way too much space and respect. Let Germany pass the ball about unchallenged and they will rip you a new one.

11. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One of his best performances from him this year and yet we still have certain posters here who say some bullshit like this about him:

:ROFLMAO:

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Deadly delivery from set piece.

13. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    742279405779750912 is not a valid tweet id

742265054045843456 is not a valid tweet id

14. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
  15. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At least we can't lose him to the Spanish NT

16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  17. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos-control.

But before the resident expert pounding his chest and screaming "I told you so", I have to say Ukraine totally cooperated with German game plan. They're happy to give Kroos every passing angles and then some. They made his job a lot easier. When Khedira could run rampant the entire game, that speak a lot of Ukraine quality.

18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I love how in all the transfer rumors it's like " RM won't sell for under 50 M". You don't fcking say. They make it sound like they're putting 100 there,not 50. Won the CL with multiple clubs,won the World Cup etc. He only needs a La Liga to his name. In this current market there's no way that he isn't worth 80 M.

19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    surgeon, janos audron, MerlinRM and 19 others repped this.
  20. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hahaha, exactly tell em mate. But seriously if Pogba is 100 million, Kroos is at least twice that amount. ATM there is no player in the world with the pass accuracy of Kroos, especially long distant balls.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Felix is a decent football player himself. Not at Toni's level, but if you manage to play for the U21s of Germany and in the first/second division of the Bundesliga, you're probably doing the right job.

22. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I really like Pogba, but I wouldn't lose Kroos over him. Modric is our best midfielder hands down but I would rather lose Modric than Kroos due to their respective ages.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL.

Those rumors are ridiculous on more than one level. As if we can throw in a player in a swap deal and poof, they go there.

surgeon repped this.
  24. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kroos won't be sold. I don't trust Perez but I know Zidane is smart enough to know how vital Kroos is to our team and he won't make a dumbass mistake like that.

25. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm assuming Casemiro losses his spot if we go for Pogba and not Kroos/Modric.