"Kroos'ed to la decimoquinta"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    And yet was criticised endlessly since 2018 for all Germany's failings.

Now suddenly everyone realises he is Germany's best midfielder by miles.

Ssr9, Deep Pal, Lyra and 3 others repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Criticized at Madrid too, it is what it is

Galatico repped this.
  3. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I think you lot conflate game by game criticism with overall performance critiquing.

Unless any of you say that players can't be criticized on a per game basis.

4. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    it’s why we can’t have nice things.

5. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    at least from the german perspective there is always a tendency to criticise players who are creative and don’t fit in the revered bayern archetype

see for instance the fawning over schweinsteiger who had half the career of kroos

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Schweinsteiger went through phases. Teenager star, criticized, to hardened veteran with the world cup being the crowning achievement.

Kroos hasn't had that and has been a part of some horrible Germany teams.

Germans don't watch Real Madrid at all. If a German team isn't playing, you simply won't get people to care even if it's the CL final.

7. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    That's only happening in this subforum. The fan love Modric/Kroos anywhere they go, including fan of opposition teams. Zidane/Modric family the most likeable people in Madrid.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'd argue he was chased out of the German NT, similar to when he was at Bayern.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good point, you could be right

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really, he said he wasn't able to walk pain-free at times and that he noticed his body was giving him hints that he couldn't keep playing through that.

I think that's why he returned right before the tournament as well. Don't think he had it in him to do a full year of double duty any more.

hector_br, The Jitty Slitter and J-Mezzy repped this.
  11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ssr9 repped this.
  12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He plays such an important role of moving the ball around. He just needs the support to cover his physical weaknesses.

Modric as well provides a different angle (and now needs to support to cover his own).

We need either Camavinga to really develop some kind of creative ability or Jude will have to play a deeper role

13. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Musiala?

14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He normally plays much further forward though doesn’t he? If he could be an option then we could just try to develop Arda there, I also think Cama is more than capable, just need to get some of that “ dribble first” mentality out of him

15. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Funny enough Musiala has that dribble first process as well. Cama seems to have developed in that area. Mind you he ain’t no Kroos but it used to be much worse. Hope he keeps growing and being smarter on the ball. And not to jinx it: lessened that very heavy touch and no longer slipping all over the place.

Now please don’t do it against Bayern :laugh:

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True

17. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Tricky thing is, he probably wont develop that part of his game that much until Kroos and Modric leave.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't agree with this. I'm a firm believer in success, adaptation or any kind of change starting mentally before things can happen outside.

He would need to work on that aspect of his game and to have that focus he would need to mentally see that as his next challenge and work toward it.

Doesn't matter who he plays with.

If he does that successfully he would naturally replace them and we would see them as redundant.

19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    How can he develop the skills absent consistent repitition if he is required to be the senior statesmen's water carrier whenever he's on the field?

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Practice.

It makes perfect

21. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Well he can definately do that in training if he wants.

But I'm talking more of in game settings.

Not saying its impossible, but its an uphill battle given the current makeup of the midfield.

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #3172 Shay Z, Apr 29, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2024
    I think Camavinga is fast approaching a very important time in his career (he's probably there already i think), he is so talented, if he gets the right sort of guidance and of course if he is willing to improve his game, he can really set himself on a trajectory of being one of the best midfielders of his generation. Lots of things contribute towards that. He can be as good as Jude, just in a different way.

I know he has the talent and ability but he is young and needs proper guidance, someone showing him which areas to improve, which to ignore. He can take a step and truly start separating himself. But i get it, when you have elders around you, the dynamic becomes, let them make the most important plays or decisions, just like growing up, it doesn't happen until you've left the security of your family.

I think he will be just fine but i feel he has another level or 2 in him which we (and him) need to bring out.

23. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    I think that’s the beauty of having someone like Carlo…arguably the coach who has had the most incredible midfielders at his command.
    Carlo will know who’s profile lends more to them becoming a Seedorf….Pirlo….Kaka….Kroos or a Lampard.
    The man knows how to get the most out of the best talent.

Just look at what he’s done with Fede these 3 seasons.

I fully trust him with Cama/Tchou and Jude.

PigBenis, Shay Z, arcane and 3 others repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I gotta say I think he’s just as good of a player as Jude quality wise, minus the goals, he’s playing further away but I understand the goalscorers get the glory, I am putting all of our ( younger) mids in the same bracket re quality Fede, Jude, Tchou, Cama, just an amazing quartet , with Arda not far behind I expect huge accomplishments from these guys and the team as a whole going forward , a very talented bunch IMO

PigBenis, Nathanial Essex and Shay Z repped this.
  25. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006

S1na, PigBenis, Digital and 1 other person repped this.