"Kroos'ed to la decimoquinta"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A true class act in many ways. Seemed to find a new gear this season surrounded by the young legs. Glad he is going out on top like he wanted but like you all said it hurts. Gonna be a bitch to replace such a unique player who is so calm on the ball and orchestrates things so well. Salute to Toni on an illustrious career that not many could match.

RoadMan, J-Mezzy, Glide84 and 8 others repped this.
  2. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    S1na, Deep Pal, saadomar and 4 others repped this.
  3. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wow woke up to this terrible news. I genuinely think he has at least 2 seasons left but I went from thinking he'd extend to he'd retire in the past week.

Thank you legend!

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Fantastic player, it’s a sad day for people who like watching teams play collectively. When we play at our best the guy is a conductor of an orchestra.

I do hope Valverde gets the 8 and I hope he shows he’s a worthy inheritor of it. Kroos has made the Madrid number 8 shirt a weighty one again.

Glide84, Deep Pal, saadomar and 9 others repped this.
  5. white_raid2

white_raid2 Member

Real Madrid
    May 9, 2023
    Huge, huge respect. He could have easily gone to Saudi Arabia or the States and get a substantial paycheck for at least three or four years. Wonderful player, vital in quickly changing the play from one side to another when playing with highly positioned fullbacks.

Glide84, Deep Pal, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  6. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolute legend. I can't believe it's over. One of the greatest privileges and pleasures has been watching this maestro play.

Deep Pal and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  7. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    saadomar, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 5 others repped this.
  8. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolutely gutted. Hard to find the words to describe just how exceptional he's been to watch. He's had one of the best possible careers in the sport and has cemented himself as a legend of this club. He will be missed dearly but I can't begrudge him if he's retiring on his terms and choosing when to call it a day.

These departures never seem to get any easier. That legendary 3 peat squad feels like so long ago it's almost nostalgic.

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, white_raid2 and 6 others repped this.
  9. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's unfortunate for us, but he's coming off an incredible season. He has timed his retirement perfectly, just as he does his moves on the pitch.

Only question for me is did national team football factor into decision?

10. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Announced his decision on his own terms. Love him

arcane repped this.
  11. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    He was always crucial to the teams succes but he was the second guy to Modric ,it is this season that made him a real legend an undisputed one of the goats midfielders imo,he has become the alpha he is playing his role and Modrics role at once and he looks better than ever and if he ends up with a LaLiga and a CL......

12. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Gutted to wake up and read this news earlier this morning. All i could think about on my commute to work.

Happy retirement Toni, you deserve it but you leave all of us in tears.

RoadMan, ImadEdd, Glide84 and 6 others repped this.
  14. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    You know, I'm torn on this.

On the one hand, of course Germany is who I would support to win the Euros. That's the country I feel the strongest cultural attachment to in Europe - I've written about this many times - so that's what I want to see.

However, if Germany has a shambolic Euros, maybe crashes out in the group stage, maybe Kroos thinks "my career ended in the f*cking group stage? F*ck this, I need a better ending" and comes back for 2024-'25 full of vengeance.

Let me dream. :D

RoadMan, Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  15. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Horrible news to wake up to.....but so grateful we had him for so long.

Absolute GOAT midfielder who sits at the same table as the best midfielders who have ever touched a football.

Best wishes to Don Antonio Kroos.

16. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Eff all the replacement talk. I just wanna enjoy these last days with Kroos in our team.

17. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019

Toni Kroos in 2014: "I know how things are at Real Madrid, it is necessary to win titles and I am the right man, I am not a man to talk a lot but I am going to give everything for Real Madrid, so that the fans are happy."

He is cold. Crazy confidence.

S1na, Deep Pal, Ahmadi8 and 5 others repped this.
  18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only passes 5 ft sideways , too slow, others have to run for him, sell him the younger guys need to play..........

Toni, respect, thanks for all the trophies you have helped us to win, for your football generally and for your apparent humble personality and team ethic, noted many times already and i agree, one of the best i have ever seen play the game and going out on top, i too was hoping for one more season, all the best for the future, time for the youngsters to step up even more.

natenate101 repped this.
  19. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn’t expect this to hurt this bad!!!
    ********ing hell!!

RoadMan and natenate101 repped this.
  20. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    ImadEdd repped this.
  21. AllWhites

AllWhites Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow, was expecting modric but not kroos. Stomach just dropped. Greatest quarterback in football history. Will miss those on-the-dime switches, the grass-cutter goals, pinpoint long-balls and of course the Kroos control. The kids have enormous shoes to fill. It won't be a easy transition and I expect a drop in performance next season. Feels like the legendary team is now officially over. Im sure we will bring in the next generation but the bar is Toni Kroos and it is 10 years and 5 Champions leagues. I don't know how anybody competes with that.

All we can do now is stand up and applaud. Thank you Toni!

RoadMan, Deep Pal, natenate101 and 3 others repped this.
  22. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanted both, him and Modric to stay one more season and win their 5th La Liga. :cry:
    Seriously, replacing Kroos with a like for like player is going to be extremely complicated. I don’t think we will be able to, not in the next few years. We might need to change the system and will probably need some time to adjust.

Deep Pal, Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Wow. I'm sad.

Deep Pal, Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  24. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    #3274 Raul-7, May 21, 2024
    Last edited: May 21, 2024
    Nein! I saw a glimpse of the news last night and I thought it was an error. But it's true. :(:cry:

He's a legend of the sport, generational midfielder and a true gentleman. His presence will be sorely missed. Kroos is a gem and unique breed of midfielders (ie. Pirlo) that are so difficult to replace.

We better win the 15th now to grant him the best sendoff gesture.

25. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    upload_2024-5-21_11-24-55.jpeg

S1na and Deep Pal repped this.