"Kroos'ed to la decimoquinta"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As long as we continue to win I believe it will always be like this, good players will always want to come to us to win both individual and collective trophies, whilst still being compensated very well, the lure of decent money and trophies……… a no brainer for most

Anon. and Bear Crotch repped this.
  2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Players will always want to come.

Choosing the right ones is the hard part - you could end up spaffing hundreds of millions on the Dembeles and Coutinhos (and Hazards) of this world.

Digital repped this.
  3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I’m in love with this guy :inlove:

Deep Pal, petros93, Galatico and 4 others repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    With his style of play

when motivated, he could play for a long time

5. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vital to extend his contract for the next year. Still TOP top player

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He should continue to play because he seemed new and refreshed. He needed a change from Modric and these midfield talents do enough running for him (he runs now more as well).

This is yet another reason we really need to move to a 343..

7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    One of my all time favorite players is Riquelme. When i was young, playing with my friends in the park, i used to try crazy passes and say i was Riquelme. We would watch him on TV and jump out of our couch when he would do some alien shit. A joy to watch. Football has lost this side of the game and thats a real shame.

Deep Pal, Lyra, Savior and 8 others repped this.
  9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah man one of my favourites

rrrrrafik repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Never mind his quality on the ball, he’d now be considered …… too slow

Shay Z and Bear Crotch repped this.
  11. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Cookie cutter players are more useful than the geniuses in many teams. The 2000s was the peak culminating in the 2006 WC IMO. We've gone further and further away from this romantic type of player ever since then.

Deep Pal, Savior, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Riquelme played for us, I would hate him. He was a joy to watch, but he could be a detriment to his team when things did not go his way. Luckily, he played for Barcelona, and what he did on the field did not upset me.

Seoul Villan repped this.
  13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Riquelme, De La Peña, Aimar, etc…miss those types of players.

Deep Pal, petros93, Ssr9 and 7 others repped this.
  14. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Hopefully an indication that he's open for at least another season. Kroos still has a lot to give and a lot to teach. We tried phasing him out at the beginning of the season with the Cama-Jude-Tchou-Fede midfield quartet, and it didn't take long for Toni to force his way back in and now we once again can't imagine now having him in there.

15. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Riquelme was one of the more overrated players of that generation. He held the ball for far too long and for no real purpose to the detriment of his team.

Dage and Excape Goat repped this.
  16. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Nah, he’s playing hard as this is his last season. We’ve seen him coast in the past and I’m afraid we extend he’s going to turn sour faster than milk on a Vegas summer day

17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Meh, Disagree, Toni has been playing just fine for awhile now, especially since the double, perspective is the key, we had good young players and everyone wanted to see them start, Toni was blocking that a bit, then some decided he was rubbish solely for that reason, now that more of them have been integrated more frequently some just aren’t so bothered Toni’s on the pitch so often now, that’s my view

Deep Pal, RoadMan and Bear Crotch repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's straight up been a revelation playing alongside Fede . Signing a one year extension is a no brainer even if the wheels fall off next season. You just can't go out into the market to find someone that does what Kroos can.

Deep Pal, Galatico and Digital repped this.
  19. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    This not entirely accurate.

Most here just didn't want the Kroos-Modric combo of midfield death starting games. Or having Kroos start as a sole DM when there were more suited players available at the coach's disposal.

In fact I reckon a number of posters pointed out that Kroos would still be effective as long as he had his water carriers around him.

RoadMan repped this.
  20. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Right, he’s got Fede, Bellingham and Cama/Tchoumeni to do all of the running for him. He’s not any better than last year defensively, just not exposed.

Imagine if Cama didn’t have to play with Kroos and how more able he’d be to express himself than constantly worrying having to make up ground to cover for Kroos.

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3071 Digital, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    I know what we should do, we should have all of those players not bother to run, it’s not like that’s not part of why we pay them enormous sums, let’s have them all stand around because Toni doesn’t run as much, they can do things Toni cannot, Toni can do things they cannot, it’s why it’s called a “team”.

Everyinterview contains words about players helping one another on the pitch to fulfill the objective, but a few fans are mad about that, or have some weird problem with it, if it takes other players to run more so that Toni can bring what he does to the team why does that bother you so, maybe you are one of those who thinks all he does is pass 3ft sideways all the time

Deep Pal, Galatico and RoadMan repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Camavinga at this point is far from developed enough to "express himself", at this point of his career he's still developing.

At times he expresses himself into possession loss after possession loss.

dooda repped this.
  23. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    Kinda hard to “develop” when his main duty is to defend for two.

But yes, let’s overlook Kroos and his past performances where he litteraly gave up on tracking and single-handedly gifted the Man City tie away due to his lack of effort.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who decided it was Cama’s “main duty to run for two” ,also, let’s moan about one game because we have nothing better to do, Cama has giving up on tracking at times, so has Tchou, so has Fede and on and on it happens, I am still waiting to see this magical player who has gotten every single play right in his career, does Toni run as much as the others, no, has he ever, no, is he as quick, no, was he ever , no, can he play and help us, of course he can and has done so magnificently for years, every player has different characteristics , has he had crap games, for sure, which player hasn’t so what’s the problem again

What a weird obsession, like players are going to die or their growth will be stunted because Toni just stands in one spot and does nothing, unlike you I’m sure the young players are thrilled to play with and learn from Toni, what’s the projection, breaking news, midfielders drop from exhaustion brought on by having to play with Toni Kroos, doesn’t that sound …… absurd, if that’s the case it certainly doesn’t look like it right now

First we get Nacho who was good in the past and we’re told “forget the past he’s rubbish now” ok, fair enough, then we get Toni and it’s “ he’s ok now but he was rubbish in the past remember that one game”…… meh

25. Seoul Villan

Seoul Villan Member+

Feb 16, 2011
    We’re heading into the business end of the season. Let’s see what Kroos does against strong opposition in the CL.

The same people who are clamoring for another year of Kroos were the same ones who said we should ignore Haaland as Benz had 2-3 more years of elite performances.

Kroos will go the same way if we extend him and he will only make the players around him worse defensively and we will get exposed in the crucial matches.