"Kroos'ed to la decimoquinta"- The Official Welcome Toni Kroos Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Lyra, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, we need to show empathy and compassion brother. I'm going to start a go fund me for all the millionaire football players struggling to make ends meet. :(

Last football player at the level that I know of with grave financial issues was Hamann (Liverpool, Man City) and he did because he was staying up all night gambling on horse races and cricket. :ROFLMAO:

2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joachim Löw : "Kroos is one of the best players I've ever seen. And, he is the coolest player, in the way that he projects an incredible amount of confidence."

"I've spent months at a time with Kroos during the national team camps and tournaments and not for a single moment did he ever seem nervous. He's always mentally clear, even under extreme pressure. He never makes a choice out of emotion or reaction."

Heynckes :" If you've ever been inside the club in Madrid, you would understand that spending over 10 years there is a massive achievement. He's one of the best German players in history and has already become a club legend at Real Madrid. He hasn't put a single foot wrong in his career"

"I could easily see him doing commentary or being an analyst on TV. With his natural charm and wit, he would be absolutely ideal for the job"

RoadMan and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  3. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is why I never understood why he was not more highly rated in the national team. Do people think you have that long and successful a career at Madrid and not be good enough for Germany? Lol

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Let's be honest, Bayern players get the most love from the German media. Ballack had the same issues when he left Bayern, although he was in considerably more commercials than any recent player I can recall.

Kroos also coexisted with multiple fan favorites (Lahm, Neuer, Schweinsteiger for example) and some players with a gigantic media cult following them (Hummels).

I think he's done ok for himself.

Ahmadi8 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  5. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    There's also a thing with the German team that when anything goes wrong, it must be the fault of the star players. Everything was going to be fixed when Ozil was kicked out, but when it wasn't Kroos became the new scapegoat. Now we see that the Bayern boys are nowhere near his level.

For me Kroos is the greatest German player of his generation. No one else has a career remotely close. But of course we hear that he was carried in the team by Modric and Casemiro and was overrated. As if he would keep getting picked for a decade despite not being very good

Excape Goat and Digital repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Even Hoeneß who loves to hate the guy in public recently met him and told him he did everything right, that he's proud of him and so on in private. Uli just can't stomach Bayern not being the center of the universe for a minute in public.

Schweinsteiger wouldn't have the kind of reputation he has if it weren't for the world cup heroics. Pretty much changed his career and perception with that tournament.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Oh absolutely correct. In 2012, Schweini, Mueller and Lahm were a portrayed as a weak minded generation of bottlers, then they won the treble and the world cup.

Even with Schweini, his 'heroics' are mostly just scoreboard journalism. Had Goetze not nicked the game, I guarantee you the opposite story would have been written.

Schweini's career doesn't come close to Kroos - and Kroos was the real star of that tournament IMO

Serengeti_Boy, Digital and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    World Cup 2018.

9. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. Not only that, he is also one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game. I'm glad we got to enjoy him during his (lengthy) prime, a rare player!

Digital repped this.
  10. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He was the best player in 18!

He scored that absolutely crucial goal vs Sweden

Dage repped this.
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh...i know. But he was part of a horrendous team. All players will get the blame.

The Jitty Slitter and 4x4s repped this.
  12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My question has always been where to rank him in the greatest German central midfielders of all-time. Beckenbauer, Matthaus and Walter will be ahead of him, but where should him rank among Schuster, Netzer, Overath, Ballack, Sammer, Breitner, Horst Szymaniak, Guido Buchwald, Fritz Szepan, Michael Ballack and Stefan Effenberg.

13. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Greatest German midfielder OAT

end of pointless debate.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Germany absolutely loves to tear down their own. It's incredible. The team was bad, but the press destroyed the players and the fans abstained from the team for years and the effect is felt today stll.

Cris 09 and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  15. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Soccer fans in general

toxic people who turn on their own quicker than an F1 car

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We need to first find a place for the one and only Gonzalo Castro.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There was a campaign to shit on German football from every single agle and as Fans legt disappoint, the same people now wonder "huh, why did the people leave?" because you told them to.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Well said.

19. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Man, Imma be a crying mess when he and Modric say their goodbye :cry:

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Loving how Carlo is using Kroos and Modric so far this season. Giving them enough rest to recover. Kroos was so crucial to get this win. Getafe weren't gonna keep up the intensity of first half and Kroos absolutely controlled the game as they say backl So many accurate balls above their defense which stretched their defensive structure and put them under immense pressure in 2nd half.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    TONI KROOS' GAMECHANGING performance Vs Getafe:

• 86 Touches
    • 4 Shots
    • 94.4% Passing Accuracy(67/71)
    • 77.7% Succ. Long Balls(7/9)
    • 7 Chances Created
    • 8 Progressive Passes
    • 12 Final Third Passes
    • 5 Through Balls
    • 4 Progressive Carries

SENSATIONAL CLUTCH IMPACT!

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #3022 4x4s, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    No much new info really, just that the team is happy with the draw, because the trips are short and easy. The team asked Kroos about Union, he says Napoli for the most part stayed together from last year so they should be pretty good.

Felix, Toni's brother actually played for Union and has an emotional bond with the club, their discussion was pretty funny.

His brother tried Baklava on vacation and told him to try it himself and maybe bring a tray to the rest of the team in Madrid so he can "maybe kind of arrive and finally get integrated into the team" to which Kroos then jokingly says "maybe even be finally accepted there" :D

They talked a bit about the Getafe match, Kroos didn't want to claim that he was the difference maker, said that a lot of it is down to Getafe not being able to sustain the hard pressing game deep into the second half.

Digital, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I really wish Toni Kroos would finally just call this shit out like he has threatened to for years.

He's a guy who has won everything there is to win in football except the euros. Yet was constantly criticised by the reactionary german pundit class because allegedly he couldn't play football properly, lacked character and the german style etc etc etc

Towards the end he was getting super frustrated with all these dumb tropes about how guys who play in the top european clubs somehow lack the mentality to play at the lower level of international football LOL

All this stuff was pure bullshit - in 3 days Voller disproved all of it.

24. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Him and Sami K.

25. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ️ Toni Kroos: “Players who have the potential to play for Real Madrid? I think of Florian Wirtz. I think he could fit in.” @MarcA