Kreis Out ??

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by 3rd Degree, Oct 23, 2004.

1. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    drace,
    I think you have to add to that equation, is getting an even in-form, yet old Kreis a better bet then having the cap space to acquire another player. How many years does Jason have? Would it not make sense since no one knows if he will ever return to form to go out and find someone who can be productive for many years to come? I think the team needs to cut and run. The best case scenario with JK9 is that he returns to his old form for a season or two before hanging them up....that's the best we can hope for.

2. drace768

drace768 New Member

Jan 29, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    I think everyone would take a couple 10 to 15 goal seasons, which would be Kreis returning to form. What I was really driving at, is it did not seem anyone was taking to account Kreis might be better next year. IMO that should be part of the thinking, which should include bringing Kreis back at a lower cap figure if the deal could be worked.

I agree, that sports is a tough business, which means there is a time to let players like Kreis go; and it very well be time to let him go. But consider all parts of the equation, including Kreis returning to 10+ goals a year.

3. ZenCarver

ZenCarver New Member

May 26, 2003
    Richardson, TX
    [drop]all look like poo-poo...[/drop]

4. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "diamonds surrounded by poo poo"

5. BigNards

BigNards Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Don't confuse activity with accomplishment. :cool:

6. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Only if the salary cap goes up enough for FC Dallas to sign a major player allocation, and keep him. IF it's him or the allocation, the allocation comes to Dallas and Jason does whatever he wants--pay cut, trade, waive, coaching.

If they picked up a million dollar striker and figured Jason could play attacking mid while Nuñez developed this year, well maybe. But I am not willing to go without a MAJOR MILLION DOLLAR ALLOCATION under any circumstances.