Kreis for GOTW, STUFF THAT POLL!! ;)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    That's democracy for you...

2. Ryantherusskie

Mar 17, 2006
    Where it's kept Real
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruin it how? We become "bad" fans for supporting our players? For one thing: It's a stupid poll. It means nothing. The losers' goals aren't wiped from the score sheet. Great goals receive recognition, one way or another. For another thing: Are you going to sit there and tell us that the rest of the world doesn't engage in the same practice for their teams? RSL fans are just better at it.

(or, more like, it's just such a rarity for RSL to actually SCORE A GOAL that we throw a huge poll-stuffing party for each one.)

3. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    Remember, these are the goals that are placed up for goal of the year. They also become the highlight goals that non-MLS fans see. Wouldn't it be nice, and good for MLS, if the best goals actually won?

To those who say this has become a "fan of the week" poll, not so if only RSL fans look at it that way. Most of the rest of us vote for the best goal. Mina got ripped off.

4. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    You know i voted once at home and once at work and i voted for what I thought was the better goal.
    Jason Kreis' Goal.
    Most folks only vote once or twice so I think that this whole ballot stuffing is crap. but in the end fans from both sides apparently used some kind of "help"... The only real downside I see is that when there is truly a phenomenol goal from an RSL player that the rest of the fans will vote against it just so it does not win and that defeats the entire purpose of GOTW.

But maybe... just maybe... Kreis won because people thought his was a better goal!
    I know I thought it was a better goal.
    Mina's goal was a fluke, while kreis' showed great skill.

5. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    Fluke? He looked the keeper off by faking a cross and then shot near post! Oh, and he was 30+ yards out at a near impossible angle. Yeah, pure luck I'm sure.

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dude, take off the fan googles for just a second. Mina's goal was world class.

7. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    It is now....thanks to you asshats.

8. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well I saw him take a desperate, selfish shot on goal when he had players in a better position to score...luckily for him it bounced off the crossbar...

but i guess people see things differently. No worries.

9. Deuce

Deuce Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Because i thought Kreis' goal was better does not mean i have fan goggles... like i said before I voted for the goal I thought was better. because Mina's goal looked like a desperate, selfish shot on goal, when he had players in a better position to score than him.
    Kinda like a few RSL shots this season. but Mina was luckier than some I guess.

10. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He could of pumped in a cross, just like the keeper and the defense expected, or do something extrodinary.... and he did, and it worked. How can you critisize him for that?

Nice goal but you should have crossed it? That is absurd.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's not true. I fully expect both the Mina and Burciaga goals to show up on the first ballot for GOTY.

12. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And mysteriously Kries simple header won't be seen anywhere, ever again.

Seriously, I hope MLS does the right thing and just stops nominating RSL goals altogether.

13. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year's GotY didn't even win GotW the week it was scored. I don't think winning GotW has much to do with winning GotY.

14. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    And the Goal of the Decade didn't win Goal of the Year.

15. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    Seriously...
    [​IMG]

16. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

Yeah. Simple. :rolleyes:

17. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Routine? Far from impressive or extraordinary, you must be able to admit that.

18. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Considering the fact that RSL dominated (and I use that term loosely) most of the match, only to have NY score late, there was some serious pressure for RSL to salvage a draw.

Kreis scoring a beautiful header in the 89th, says a lot about the determination of him and his team. (it was a perfect pass, and header.)

That is not far from impressive, or extraordinary.

Mina's chip was impressive as well, but being up one already, there was not a lot of pressure. Did he intend to place the ball there? Yes. Was it skilled? Absolutely. World class? I don't know. Maybe if he did it a couple more times.

Those factors must be examined before jumping all over people that voted one way or the other.

19. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go troll another board, nobody here gives a flying f%^k what you have to say. at this point its just getting annoying. so we like to support our team, we dont score very many goals, but the few we do score have been very very good and at important times. so we feel we should support our team every chance we get, and we do.

grow up asshat, its a meaningless poll with meaningless accolades. the only goal that REALLY matters is the one that wins the game. you think these players give a big shit about getting goal of the week. they will smile, wave and move on to the game, not get caught up in "oh those damn RSL fans should stop stuffing polls so I can win goal of the week"

NOW LEAVE.

20. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    No, they musn't. It's a vote on the quality of the goal, and that is all. Yes, I agree that a last minute game winner will tend to get more love, but simply being up 1-0 and claiming that there was "no pressure" is idiotic beyond belief and gives proof to the fact that you've never played this game at a competitive level in your life.

21. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Then why do you useless idiots continue to spend the week stuffing the ballots? Why are YOU so concerned with such a meaningless poll. For every cry baby picture and acquisation you throw my way, one has to laugh at the hypocrisy. I'll leave now....because I want to, and because I'm tired of smacking you schmucks around...for now.

22. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BECAUSE WE LIKE TO SUPPORT OUR F%$KING TEAM. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT TO GET THROUGH YOUR THICK REDNECK SKULL.

man, you are an idiot.

23. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--

And you would be completely wrong about that. I have played many a year competitivly, (6 years to be exact) and was simply pointing out that there was a hell of a lot more pressure on RSL than FCD.

(and it wasn't the game winner, though I would wish as much.)

24. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Okay, this demands a response. If the players don't care, as you have suggested just a few posts ago, how are you supporting them by stuffing a meaningless poll??

Yes, I'm the idiot.....of course. Goodbye now, enjoy your uselessness.

25. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    You have to understand the mindset here. FC Divers will never be more than #5 in professional sports in Dallas, at best. Right now they compete with Frisco’s minor league baseball and hockey teams. GOTW’s are very important for them. Throw ‘em a frickin’ bone.