Kreis for GOTW, STUFF THAT POLL!! ;)

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by UPinSLC, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    www.mlsnet.com

Kreis' header is up for GOTW, lets get RSL a second straight GOTW winner. not a bad goal at all, plus it was late in the game with RSL dominating play. we should have walked away from that game 3-0 or 4-0, not having to push just to tie 1-1. all well, thats how the ball bounces sometimes.

my unbiased winner would go to mina, but im biased as all hell and want number 101 to win it.

vanney's strike isnt too bad either.
    unfortunate for hartmen that his goal was covered in all that shit, stupid chivass fans.
    glens goal was about 2 inches away from being a shank, a little higher on that ball and it would have been bad. extra kudos for being in stopage time though.

2. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I don't get the ballot stuffing thing. If other teams have more fans than RSL, wouldn't it stand to reason they'd have more ballot-stuffers so then it sorta evens out? ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the game at some point this week. It's amazing how many hotels these days have wi fi. It makes ballot stuffing while on vacation easier! :)

3. Fuerza Real

Fuerza Real New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Lion in Zion
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yeah, everybody cries about how RSL always "stuffs" the ballot. I don't see how we have any advantage over any other teams voters. (Do Dallas fans know what a computer is?)

Direct Link to voting

4. knowwonnose

knowwonnose New Member

May 19, 2005
    Newtown, PA, USA
    A Texan's laptop with screensaver.
    [​IMG]

5. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    And they just figured out how to use the right knob yesterday...

6. knowwonnose

knowwonnose New Member

May 19, 2005
    Newtown, PA, USA
    Uh? What? It comes with 2 mouses? :confused:

7. b_rad82

b_rad82 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Slick City
    Kreis 41% Mina 38%

8. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    That Mina goal was a nice one.

9. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    those dallas folks think they can outstuff us.

COME ON GUYS AND GALS. its all tied up 39% each. keep voting.

10. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That Mina goal is the best in my book. I voted for Kreis anyways.

11. FeverNova1

FeverNova1 New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Plano
    I noticed that they're soliciting on other boards.

12. stucknutah

stucknutah Member+

Feb 14, 2002
    In the Office
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    If that's what it takes to stop the poll stuffing machine that is RSL fans

...this is only slightly said in jest, I would prefer it if we would only stuff the poll when the goal is the deserved GOTW.

This week it is Mina's...hand down.

13. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, oh yes, it's Mina.

I have stuffed before, but not this time. This is Mina's week.

14. DCU4Life

DCU4Life Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Section 130 RFK
    I would have to agree. I vote for the goal that deserves to win, even if I have to vote against a DC goal. If I view it as a tie, well then you know which way it goes. This week there is no doubt: Mina should win.

Before you all jump down my throat, I swear I am not a troll. RSL is my adopted team in the West, and DC has no goals up for the award. So, BACK OFF. :)

15. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That Mina goal is way off anyways, the Dallas fans have all jumped on the other goal.

That thing is a beauty though! Looks up, spots the keeper cheating and sends in a swerving canon into the top right corner! Candidate for goal of the year in my opinion!

16. Hiba

Hiba New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Well, unless you all want to keep voting all night long it looks like Mina might win afterall. Looks like they have a script running.

17. b_rad82

b_rad82 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Slick City
    lol, the guy who writes a script to vote for goal of the week must live in the SUB-basement of his parent's house

18. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    He either didn't write a very good script or we have our own working because Kreis is up 2%.

anyone that thinks that Mina's goal is a bad cross really needs to watch the replay again. That was a great shot.

19. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to make a mockery of the goal of the week award guys. :(

Burciaga deserved it last week for his last minute game winning strike and Mina's goal this week was absolute class. Kreis goal was a simple well placed header from the top of the 6 yard box.

MLSnet should only allow one vote per IP address because this ballot stuffing crap is getting ridiculous.

20. fuegote

fuegote Member

May 15, 2005
    I think I might cry......

i think.

well, i'm glad that passed.

21. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GOTW has morphed into more of a "fans of the week" award. RSL fans take great pride in the fact that an RSL player has won GOTW every time they were nominated (special exception when we had two goals nominated in the same week...) in the history of our team. If we were to stop now, it would be like admitting defeat in the race to be the best fans.

Okay, so it's sort of warped, but that's how it is.

22. Boz

Boz RSL Family

Jul 14, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Mina's shot was awesome. Kreis' equalizer in the 89th minute was awesome as well.

To each his own. Quitcha bitchin'.

23. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well jason kreis superstar won goal of the week thanks to our awesome stuffing

i love what the mls homepage says about it:
    "Real Salt Lake fans got their wish as Jason Kreis' 101st career goal was voted Sierra Mist Goal of the Week for Week 3."

haha, we got our wish alright, we made that shit happen. even if Minas goal was better ;)

24. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    I think a lot of people like myself are only voting one time. I think the rest of the league are finding out why Real was second in the league in attendance last year... or maybe that was just tickets sold. So maybe the attendance was stuffed as well.

25. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    I have to agree. Whats the point here? In my mind you've cheated two players from recognition (Burciaga and Mina) that they deserved. How would each of you like it if you put forth an outstanding effort over and over just to have your boss recognize some other guy that stole all of your credit?
    Anyone who follows MLS knows that Real have great fans, don't ruin that by doing this.