Kreis and RSL FO

Discussion in 'MLS: Clubs' started by soccerbum23, Nov 19, 2006.

1. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    Can someone please explain the actions and events that have transpired over the last few days?

By letting Toronto take Kreis they were freeing up almost $200k in salary on bonuses.

Does RSL need to bring in a better striker? Cunny needs some help up front.

As I see it now....RSL needs to get rid of some of the higher paid players that are not that effective and in return have money to attrach some better quality players.

Correct me if I am wrong!!!!:confused:

2. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Kreis is still a good player. Odds are they wouldn't be able to find someone better to replace him.

3. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah

There are several players qualified and cheaper than Kreis.

4. paladius

paladius Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kreis is being misused by RSL. He is a middie, not a true forward. Can he play up front? Yes. Is that his best positioning? No.

People forget that when he scored all those goals for the Burn, he was usually positioned as a midfielder, or at least a severly withdrawn forward.

RSL could get a lot mileage out of him as a true midfielder.

Cunningham needs someone who moves around much more than Jason does, someone who is quick and doesn't tire easily. That person should also be good in the air. Granted, that is one of Jason's strengths, but he has no real vertical leap, and he isn't tall.

5. soccerbum23

soccerbum23 Member

May 21, 2006
    Lost in Utah
    The money that RSL has paid for their lil mix up could have gone towards obtaining a good player.