Krazy George sighting on VH1

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp On today's "1984" segment of VH1's week-long I Love The 80's Strikes Back (the sequel to last year's I Love The 80's and this year's I Love The 70's), one of the things they discussed was The Wave that we're familiar with at stadiums.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp While they neither mentioned him nor interviewed him, our old friend Krazy George was clearly shown in the old footage two or three times (wearing an orange t-shirt).

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp In case you missed it the first time, the episode will undoubtedly be aired again on VH1 throughout the week.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

2. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol I so just saw that.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I saw Grant Wahl on VH1 a couple of weeks ago!

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is an ad on the recording of the game (v. LA last Saturday), from KICU36, where you see KG shilling for some car dealer. He's wearing an SJ Giants jersey (I believe). I think that Kate in the Blue Crew would be just as good as Krazy G; they just have to provide her with the drum.

5. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    There was an article on George recently in The Wave magazine (one of those freebies you pick up locally like The Metro). Said he's indeed working for the SJ Giants primarily, as well as some minor league hockey and arena football.

He's also still perpretrating the feud with the University of Washington over who created "the wave" (not the magazine), and he swears he had people doing it first at an A's game. I wish they'd clear it up, too, so I can figure out whether I need to fight George or the entire student body of U-Dub.

I presume George's krazy $500/game fee for doing, well, frankly, not a lot, probably entered into the Quakes' decision to end the relationship.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BM, I thought they had movies on ABC or one of the other news program's that showed Crazy George in a game doing the wave (was it the little round ball game?) long before the date that the U of W claims they did it. Maybe they don't recognize that as adequate proof. [?]:confused:

7. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard him being interviewed on the Rick Barry show a few months back. Barry was flabberghasted when George said "I never go to games without getting paid" (or some such thing).

The interview immediately turned to crap.

You could tell Barry was thinking... Why the hell are we interviewing this clown?

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    The Wave

Either way, it didn't originate in Mexico.

Somebody needs to the that to the Brits.

9. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: The Wave

Or anyone else that chooses to refer to the phenomenon as "the Mexican wave".

Hey, the Aussies are just as guilty of it, too. And I try and set the record straight to my comrades over here every single time. :)

10. Quakesfreak

Quakesfreak New Member

Jul 13, 2001
    CA
    yeah! I saw that last night(couldn't get enough of it) and I was watching, some younger version of Crazy George was on the screen and as his face was visible, it ended up being George. I thought that was the funniest thing. :D

11. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    I used to be terrified of that guy as a kid.......I just remember that he was the typical image of what I thought people warned children about. If he would have come to me and said do you want some candy, i probably would have had a meltdown. :(

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp What would your reaction be if he did that to you now? :eek:

13. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: Re: Krazy George sighting on VH1

Barring and repressed KG fears......I think i'd be OK. :D