Kosuke Ide at CD Leganés

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by naopon, Feb 9, 2019.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irvine native and LA Galaxy Academy grad Kosuke Ide reported that he has signed a pro contract with CD Leganés after a trial period, having spent the better part of the last two years in the German lower leagues. A Japanese-American dual national, he will start with the U-23 team.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq3sJfAzPT/

2. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Transfermarkt has him in the B-team, but it's really REALLY tough to get a read on their academy structure... I've been going through the same thing w/ Jona Cisneros. For what it's worth, neither Ide nor Jona has featured for Leganes B or Leganes C (I've seen it referred to as their u23 team as well) since their announcements. If you want to keep tabs on them, the team sheets are reported on the FF Madrid website (Competición > Catagoria Nacional> Tercera Division Nacional Group 7 for the B team, Competición > Aficionados > Segunda de Aficionados Group 4 for C).

Also worth noting that he claims German heritage on his twitter profile.

And lastly, last match, CD Leganes C fielded a player named Carlos Alberto ********, so that's... welp.

UniversalAdvice and Winoman repped this.
  3. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he just has "Germany" on his Twitter profile since he had been living there and playing for various lower division teams. There was a Japanese journalist who confirmed that he is signing for Leganes B (i.e. to put the brakes on the brief media hype in Japan, apparently fueled by an overzealous management agency).

4. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Ah, that makes sense. Interesting that they're confirming he's signed for their B team, the pic in his Instagram post shows him holding the jersey with Jorge Broto, who is the head of their academy and the manager of Leganes C. Again, really tough to tell what the structure is there and how fluid the movement between the two groups is...

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Can you buy his jersey online? Because, I would so do that.

Winoman and zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather have his. Less direct...
    http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/files/2012/11/Gregor-********a.jpg

7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trouble pasting today:

[​IMG]

Winoman and zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    They say this cat is a bad mutha...
    Shut your mouth!

Winoman repped this.