Korea's rising young star - Jung Jo-Guk

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Korea_Fighting, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Jung Jo-Guk (19) recently joined Anyang LG and is expected to be in the starting squad at such an young age (this appears to be popular trend all over the World nowadays). He scored the winning goal against Japan in 2002 U20 Asian Championship. His greatest attributes are excellent technique and calm finish inside penalty box.

Here are his profile:

Name Jung Jo-Kook
    À̸§ Á¤Á¶±¹

Date of Birth 23/4/1984
    »ý³â¿ùÀÏ 1984³â 4¿ù23ÀÏ

Height 183cm
    Å° 183Cm

Weight 68kg
    ¸ö¹«°Ô 68Kg

100m sprint 12 seconds
    100M±â·Ï 12ÃÊ

Place of Birth Bu-an, Chollado
    Ãâ»ýÁö Àü¶óµµ ºÎ¾È

Position Forward
    Æ÷Áö¼Ç Æ÷¿öµå

Player he respects Park Ji-Sung, Batistuta
    Á¸°æÇÏ´Â Ã౸ÀÎ ¹ÚÁö¼º

Á¸°æÇÏ´Â Àι° ¹ÙƼ½º ÅõŸ

(°ñ°áÁ¤·ÂÀÌ ¶Ù¾î³ª?)

Qualities he value Work ethic and confidence
    Áß¿ä½Ã ÇÏ´Â °Í ¼º½Ç°ú ½Å·Ú

Homepage

http://jjokook.com/

Related article:

http://www.asian-football.com/scripts/runisa.dll?m2:gp:727230:39913+u20/02/display+45986+E

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=정조국&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en

http://www.hetnet.nl/netarchief/artikelcontent/sport/archiefc20028_2.htm
    Translation
    Note: Hiddink, when hearing Jung has signed with Anyang said 'Why did he go there?'.

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    In my opinion Jung is top class in his age level at the moment. Too bad WYC is postponed.

3. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    I was impressed with Jung Jo Guk from the few times I've seen him. Though I've been more impressed with Choi Sung Guk, he is older than Jung Jo Guk after all. I think both will develope into fine players.

KF, by any chance do you know Jung Jo Guk's scoring record at the U-21 level?

4. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Unfortunately I couldn't find site with database of stats of players.

5. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    On Fox Sports World's TV program they were talking about the Captain of the U-20 team, is this the same guy or a different guy, cause they seemed to say the Captain was like the future of Korean Football.

6. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I thought Choi Sung-Gook usually Captained the team, to best of my knowledge... he's highly regarded in Korea as their future star. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jung or guys like Kim Dong-Hyun and Lee San.

7. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Every U21 team had "future stars." Lee DG in 1998, Lee CS in 2000, and etc. For this team, it's Jung JG and Choi SG. But they need to prove themselves in meaningful competition first. Kim Eun-joong and Lee Dong-guk were stars of '98 Asian championship but we know where they are now.

8. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    was he short?

coz most of the times it's Yoohwan Lim who takes the captain spot. However, there were a couple games in which the "Korean maradona" Sung-gook Choi took that spot.

9. shenhua

shenhua New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Parramatta
    Jung Guk Jo? That's a very nice name

10. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Pardon my Korean, but to me "Jo-Guk" sounds like it means homeland or home country. Am I right? What's the name in Chinese characters?

11. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    You've got it right on. I believe his parents named him that in hopes that one day he'll contribute to his home nation. He's not doing too bad in that respect, hopefully there's more to come from him.

12. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Thanks for the confirmation Sukhwa. It's a very appropriate name for him. :)