Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Paik's a completely different case...

2. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yeah I know how he was banned from playing by FIFA. What I was saying is that now comes the time where talented players of his age starts to emerge, he doesn't look that promising has he was made out to be.

3. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    no need to bash on Paik. :rolleyes:

dudedudedude repped this.
  4. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no i meant the following:
    Paik wasn't hyped up that big in Korea aside from winning the Cha Bum Kun award before moving. What REALLY started his media hype 1. being the first korean, (hell, first ASIAN besides that Thailand guy back in the 70's or 80's or whatever) to be recruited by Barcelona 2. Spanish media hyping up unnecessarily calling him the korean messi and shit even though he didn't even play the same position because of 3. a single source fabricating some quote about never having before seen such natural ability, which every OTHER news source started to copy. Bullshit. Before BSH they had like Deulofeu Grimaldo, hell they even allowed AYOUB to play a year above his age because Barcelona thought he was that special. So he did get a 5 year contract which is huge- barcelona does value him and he is quite a talent - but the hype was unnecessary
    More than his ABILITY paik was hyped for different reasons

Lee Kang in on the other hand
    Has pretty much been in public spotlight his entire life - appearing on TV since he was a little child and such
    You have videos of him performing tricks I bet none of us here could perform before the age of 9 or 10 (when he moved I believe), videos of him walking past defenses, showing incredible stamina (they put him on the treadmill and he just kept going like a machine), etc. Ther eare SO many youtube videos of Lee Kang In before he moved.
    Then when he got to valencia his ball touches and highlights came on instantly - there are a ton now.

Also I sure couldn't find footage of Baek BEFORE going to barcelona and even after he went he sure didn't light the world on fire like Lee Seung Woo did.

TLDR Yeah i know that media shouldn't hype up 12 year olds and at this age you can't predict future success very well but there actually is something different about players like LSW and LKI, you have to admit
    Of course there is the Bojan course but that's pretty rare

5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nah they're all hyped up new messis. Same thing. How stupid are these media right?? right??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::laugh::ROFLMAO::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::ROFLMAO::laugh:

6. Chorok

Chorok Member+

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Has any of you seen the show 슛돌이? That was a few years before Lee Kang-in moved to Valencia, and boy he was something else.

7. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I just want Lee and Jang to be able to play for La Masia. I feel so bad for them - they're not the kinds of people the rule was meant for and now they're suffering during a prime period of their development.

8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Who knows maybe it will build character

9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Lee Kang In is special. Stop being such a negative prat.

10. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I don't know if you guys are including players such as this but I just read about it so I thought I should let you know that twin fullbacks Johan Ramhorn and Sebastian Ramhorn who are currently playing in the U17 World Cup for Sweden are of South Korean origin according to this article. Doesn't say if they have one South Korean parent or if they are adopted or any specific details on their background though. Outside of the U17 national team they belong to the U21 team of swedish club Kalmar FF.

[​IMG]

skimmilk and Chingoo repped this.
  11. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    woah nice find. they look like tanks.

12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    They look half korean. If they are good then they should play for us ;).

13. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i bet since there mom is korean they eat hansik. just a random feeling

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Or more obviously since their surname is Ramhorn, their father probably isn't Korean...So.

15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yea thats how i figured. its just kinda interesting having korean food in sweden

16. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What's the status of our Barca kids?

17. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    nothing has happened

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #68 takeuchi, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
    all waiting to be 18..

here is a pic of PSH

[​IMG]

edit: speaking of which, PSH played first 3 games for UD Cornella C but hasn't played since he scored. i wonder if he is injured...

19. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow, he looks a lot bigger!

20. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Probably should've been more specific, I was just curious if they were practicing or playing in friendlies or something still.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    well, this is interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/s...soccer-star.html?pagewanted=2&_r=0&ref=soccer

23. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Thanks for this. Really interesting.

"For now, the Ledermans beat on, spending weekends at a different kind of soccer field, one where the parents watching the games are much quieter than their counterparts in the United States. Part of that is because Barcelona’s coaches forbid parents to shout out instructions to the players on the field. But part of it is something else.

'There’s some cheering, but not as much,” Tammy said. “It’s more serious. It’s like everyone knows what is at stake.'"

Holy crapballs. That sounds really intense, doesn't it? I mean, that quiet would be more intense than the shouting at your most serious U.S. youth league matches, amirite?

24. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic