Korean Youth Players Abroad Part II

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by jsk14, Sep 11, 2013.

1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the amount of playing time will be detrimental but the quality of opponents wont change much. better teams are at the tournaments than in the domestic league.

2. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Except school is way more important than football, and there are kids who learned how to play on the streets that get recruited. Also, secondary education is a joke.

3. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #28 jinseokyang, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  4. elejia

elejia Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed. Also v important for all players to learn how to connect/associate with teammates. You see this at the first level, how well say Fabregas connects with Messi.

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/formativo/detalle/ficha/fc-barcelona-cadete-a

Seems Jang and Lee are both on the Cadete A line ups. Someone else noted that Paik is not in the Juvenil B line up. Possibility that they might sign him to a Catalan side? Catalan clubs are not regulated by FIFA, so Paik would get more playing time, but the quality of play would not be as good.

What do folks think? Better for the players to participate in non FIFA tournaments/friendlies with Barça? Or to sign up for a Korean club and get regular playing time there?

5. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    One thing I was thinking, though, is they're still training with the team, right? So really, it would only be the league games that they're missing while getting playing time during tourneys. So maybe more like not being able to take quizes and test in school? But still getting to attend class? . . . . I might be taking this anaology too far.

6. elejia

elejia Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  7. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [quote="elejia, post: 28816132, member: 190491"appears that Paik in fact has been loaned out to Cornellà Juvenil C this season. He played this weekend and scored a goal for them. http://fcf.cat/pnfg/NFG_CmpPartido?cod_primaria=1000120&CodActa=687492[/quote]
    Aha so he WAS loaned out... I heard he was but couldntfind proof...should've checked fcf first..
    Eh I guess it's for the better - paik actually wouldn't have been a sure starter on juve b anyway

8. elejia

elejia Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Paik also has a stats page on the fcf.cat website. http://fcf.cat/pnfg/NPcd/NFG_EstadisticasJugador?cod_primaria=3000306&jugador=685348&codacta=687492

Yes, Paik has been struggling at Barça, there's a lot of competition, since they've been playing him as a central midfielder, which is a popular position at Barça. I looked at the Cornellà webpage and their Juvenil players are huge. The playing time will be good for him and perhaps getting used to a rougher style of play.

I don't think this would be a good solution for Lee though. Think he will be too good for the Catalan sides, cos he could prolly be in Juvenil B, talentwise. He could have played on Cadete A (vs B) as well, but I think they were trying to balance his playing/skills development with his personal development, aka his attitude. He's got a bit of a rep for being cocky :p

9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He IS a central midfielder
    and yes, Lee shouldn't be loaned out to a different team for sure

Also why is Chendri still on the Juve B roster - can he play at all?

10. elejia

elejia Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Chendri is a French national and falls under the exception in the FIFA regs, 19(2)(b), cos he's a EU citizen. Clubs in the EU/EEA can sign kids from the ages of 16-18, provided that the kids are from an EU/EEA country/area and the club can show they make appropriate accommodations, which Barça could definitely do, la Masia has amazing facilities. Chendri is now 16. There is also a Dutch national, Bobby Adekanye , that was banned and he should be able to play once he turns 16, for the same reason.

Really hate how there is blatant European favoritism with this FIFA Reg 19(2)(b) exception. Technically, Barça has other canterano who are not banned from playing, such as Takefusa, I think there is a kid who is like 12, 13 who hails from Mexico, Benjamin Lederman, the American canterano, etc etc. There really is just no consistency in the enforcement of Regulation 19, like AT ALL.

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #36 jinseokyang, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    some people are speculating that Lee Seung woo signing with Pere Guardiola might indicate an impending transfer...
    I'm not sure what to think about this... he fits Barcelona's system all too perfectly... what other team uses false 9's?
    Although if he could play with the first team at the age of 16 a la Fabregas (or Messi) that would be kinda cool
    I don't see Martino playing super young youth players like Pep Guardiola did

now that i think about it two of Paik Seung Ho's teammates, both consistent starters, jumped ship last season - one went to liverpool and one went to Chelsea

12. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Gotta have an agent regardless as you get that first contract.

13. edkwolverines

edkwolverines Member+

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    WUT SPECULATION?!

14. elejia

elejia Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They probably left because in England, you can play professionally at the age of 16 and get paid a wage. Happens a lot with Spanish teenagers, since you cannot play professionally until you are 18. This is based on their respective countries' labour laws btw. For example, that is what happened with Cesc Fabregas. He was making like 50,000 pounds a week at the age of 16. I don't think either of the two kids signed are as good as Cesc, but you can see why they might have left. Even if they are making like 10,000 pounds a week, that is a LOT of money for a kid. Heck, that's a lot of money period.

msc43 and wetcrispy repped this.
  15. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [단독] 슛돌이 이강인 놓고 바르샤-뮌헨-맨유 영입 경쟁

'이강인은 우리 구단에서 가장 주목하는 선수로 성장했다. 그는 팀을 위한 희생, 헌신, 끈기, 기술 등 여러 분야에서 뛰어난 기량을 보이고 있다'며 '제1회 토렌트 국제축구대회와 제4회 마요르카 국제축구대회에서 최우수선수(MVP)로 선정됐고, 스페인 1부리그 20개 구단 산하 유스팀 간 토너먼트에서 팀이 결승에 진출하는데 큰 역할을 했다'

http://m.sports.naver.com/worldfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=241&aid=0002162604

16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    :ROFLMAO:. Seriously? Why, is he one of the tens of thousands of supposedly future Messis? They must be either exceptionally stupid or run out of newsworthy material to report this. :rolleyes:.

18. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That kid is amazing. Been in the spotlight since he was like 6.

19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    he isnt the only one. every single week you see a new article saying heres the new messi and etc... you really cant tell how good of a player hes going to be especially when he is 12.

20. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    true but we never know
    he sure LOOKS every bit as talented as LSW if not more so (though part of that is obv. his opposition being 12-13 yr olds)

21. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why does the media's judgement matter. It's going to be inconsistent and unreliable as with anything. Their job is to sell a story not provide a scout report. Lee Kang In has proven himself to be above his peers for as long as he could kick a ball. What he's accomplished by the age of 12 is an amazing feat. Nobody should hold him to Messi and Ronaldo's standard.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Its not about media's judgement. Its the ridiculous hype around a 12 year old that Im talking about. So he has made an impression in a youth team... so has so many countless non-entities wed never know about.

23. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    normally i would agree but this particular kid has been a top prodigy since he was barely 3 feet tall, been shown countless times on tv which created a following, and is now playing at one of the best spanish football academies that isnt barca. i think its fair to say hes destined for greatness and worth the hype.

24. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's done much more than made an impression at a youth team.

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Remember hearing the same about Paik for example. Club youth tournaments at his age means nothing. A lot of future stars would be at their own local club or at school. Look at your beloved La Masia... For the last few years they've been drawing blanks.