Korean WC stadium partially destroyed

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by SoccerScout, Aug 31, 2002.

1. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I just saw a news flash on Globo Internacional that a Korean WC stadium was partially destroyed last night..anyone have further details?

2. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    This is what I found :

"Tufão destrói estádio onde Brasil jogou na Copa de 2002

Translated by Google:

"Tufão destroys stadium where Brazil played in the Pantry of 2002 RIVER - the tufão ' Rusa ', that it is punishing and causing many damages in the coast of the Japan and the Korea of the South, damaged in this Saturday the stadium where Brazil faced China during the Pantry of 2002, in the korean island of Seogwipo. Some Japanese cities and native of Koreas had been affected by the tufão, that came of the sea and was destroying everything that it saw for the front with the strong winds. Lancepress"

" O tufão 'Rusa', que está castigando e causando muitos prejuízos na costa do Japão e da Coréia do Sul, danificou neste sábado o estádio onde o Brasil enfrentou a China durante a Copa de 2002, na ilha coreana de Seogwipo. Várias cidades japonesas e coreanas foram afetadas pelo tufão, que veio do mar e foi destruindo tudo que via pela frente com os fortes ventos.

Lancepress

"

3. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
    Well, at least they won't have to pay taxes a a stadium they will never use again, I guess.

4. latru

latru New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    NY.
    Sad to hear the bad news, it was beautiful too.

[​IMG]

5. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    It's the worst strom in more than 40 years. This typhoon, Rusa, has turned S.Korea into a huge rubbish dump. Typhoon Rusa left more than 200 killed or missing here, It also triggered a record -high $1.5 b in property damage. This is the worst disaster ever happened. :sad:

6. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Imagine the harm that would have occured had the World Cup been playing according to the strict European calendar (instead of starting earlier as it was scheduled this time around). I remember Europe and UEFA b*tching about how the World Cup was starting earlier and how that screwed their schedule. Sometimes if they would get off their high a$$ed pedestals and listen to reason they wouldn't open their big mouths before thinking. Because they wouldn't say the same thing had a bunch of European fans been sitting in the stadium during the typhoon and being killed.