Korean TV - Live webcasts

Discussion in 'Korea' started by woorijim, Jun 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    NO NO NO, it's good when there is more people. You see people have a misconception of CoolStreaming. CoolStreaming works like Bitorrent and if there are more people watching it's easier for your computer to pload the video and watch it. So encourage more people to watch it. Also, it takes some computers 10 to 20 min.s to buffer but after that you get picture perfect quality...just be patient :)

2. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    I don't know the architecture of this thing but it must be some kind of P2P thing because they say the more people that are watching the more stable the picture becomes...

3. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    are you guys watching this on windows media player?
    It keeps skipping/buffering for me

4. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    Yea, how long has it been doing that?

5. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Yea, with coolstreaming, the more users the better.

6. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Okay, guys. There are 3 ways you can watch Saudi Arabia vs Korea match.

1. Turn on KBS link.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53843&page=1&pp=15

2. Go to Pandora TV and log in there. For more detail, see the page here.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53843&page=39&pp=15

3. As someone already mentioned in this thread, try Coolstreaming. You can get the software downloaded from this link,
    http://personal.ie.cuhk.edu.hk/~xyzhang2/CoolStreaming.exe

As for how to get this thing working, see here. (In Korean)
    http://blog.naver.com/banriloving.do?Redirect=Log&logNo=120011363777

Hope this helps, :)

7. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Just downloaded it. But wanted to make sure, does it have any compaitablity issues with XP?

8. zorrilla

zorrilla New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I can not get into pandora. I dont know username and password. soooo i did something even better. I signed up for the arabic package on dish network. and it is now showing the korea vs suadi arabia game Its no channel mbc. its in arabic but at least its live on satellite tv.

if anyone can share with me the pandora username and password, please email me and i can also tell you more details about the arabic channels.

9. ChaBoomer

ChaBoomer Member

Oct 27, 2004
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    cool streaming is working beautiful!

10. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    which channel are you using? cctv-5?

11. ckcrew

ckcrew Member

Mar 25, 2005
    i just saw the korea-saudi game on coolstreaming. it didnt skip or delay once. and the picture quality wasnt bad at all. i love it. does anybody know if they will broadcast the rest of korea's qualifying games on there? or can get an english programming schedule for it?

12. Vehementsnow

Vehementsnow New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    British Columbia
    so how many people watched the game (KOR:KSA) on the internet, without too much static? So i guess there are some new ways to watch the game now? coolstreming link does not work. how should i watch the next game? (Kor:UZB)? please help...

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Has Coolstreaming replaced the Korean webcasts in all practicality now?

14. darkangelayu

darkangelayu New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Wuppertal
    HI there, I've downloaded CoolStreaming and it works fine until now, but I haven't been able to try it using during a live football broadcast yet.
    Any of you guys knows when (KOR:UZB) will be broadcasted? I really want to try CoolStreaming to watch it. Thanks in advance ^_- .

15. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    You're live in Wuppertal? Geez, I have couple German friends who attend university there. Interesting.

16. mengao98

mengao98 New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    USA
    The link for CoolStreaming is not working!! Where can I download this from???? Help......

17. darkangelayu

darkangelayu New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Wuppertal
    @mengao98:
    Try this: http://coolstreaming.org.nyud.net:8090/Cool_42_exp.exe - it didn't work for me when I clicked it the first time, but I tried it a second time and it actually worked. Well, hope it works for you, too.

@Step-Over:
    Yeah I live in Wuppertal and you know some people there. Interesting as well hehehe ^_-. But I'm currently stationed in Köln at the local German Air Force base.

@all:
    So anyone does know when the match (KOR:UZB) is being broadcasted?

18. Vehementsnow

Vehementsnow New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    British Columbia
    i've downloaded and installed coolstreaming, but i have no idea what to do next. help!!! is coolstreaming better than pandora?

19. sungy

sungy New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    in coolstreaming, what ch. is the kor:uzb game going to be on? cctv5?

20. ttmmkk001

ttmmkk001 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 29, 2004
    go here ! register ! they have schedule there !

http://www.********.com/forum/

21. soccer4u.co.kr

Dec 20, 2004
    KBS1
    mms://211.233.92.45/H_1TV

KBS2
    mms://211.233.92.49/H_2TV

MBC
    mms://211.233.27.153/imbctv

SBS
    mms://218.53.176.30/multi_live

YTN
    mms://61.250.94.49/live_200k

22. Vehementsnow

Vehementsnow New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    British Columbia
    I downloaded coolstreaming, when i try to run the program, i just get a small box with nothing written on it. The options for the box are, language, preference and something else. can someone please tell me what's going on? I have no idea how i can watch TV with this program. The game is tomorrow and i'm freaking out. please help!

23. Klogon

Klogon Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    SBS will be broadcasting the WCQ game against Uzbekistan with their paying stream. Costs 1000 won.

24. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    anybody know how good their paying stream is? if it buffers and is slow, I'm not going to bother, but if it is decent then I might actually pay for it. You can pay even if you are out of Korea right?

25. jackdaniels

jackdaniels New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Anybody knows if it can be watched on stream TV the saturday's match between Incheon and Busan?

thanks for the info!