Korea vs Uruguay 6/8/03 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by WuTang2002, Jun 6, 2003.

1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I read from the reports that Coelho will not start euro-based players because they are not conditioned. They probably will play as subs.

2. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    I read from Korean papers that Park JS might not play at all because he has a really serious injury... damn that's not a good news at all :(
    Song CG and Park have been injured really often since last year's world cup... maybe the pre-world cup training took too much out of them?

3. shiro07

shiro07 New Member

Jun 4, 2003
    hawaii
    sounds like park and song need a rest...if the euro based players are not going to start then it will give some other players more experience that might be needed to improve their game

4. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Web Cast

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys now of a website where you can have the option of getting most of the Korean TV webcasts, like SBS, KBS, and MBC. I had it once, but I formatted my computer and lost the web address. Which network will broadcast the Korea and Uruguay match?

5. BigDevil

BigDevil New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Re: Web Cast

I believe it's on KBS this time. If you go to KBS' web site you'll see whether or not they're showing it. By the way, if you have ISkyCom off of satellite, their KBS channel should be showing it:

http://www.iskycom.tv/programs/pro_kbs.asp

6. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    The game is going to be played at 7.pm local time today. Here are pics from both training camps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Half Time

Korea 0-1 Uruguay

Uruguay capitalised on a mistake by Korean defence and scored a goal at 13th minutes.

Korea, however, showed its lack of finishing once again, missing 2 one-on-one opportunities with the goalkeeper. Cha DR especially missed about 4 wonderful chances. :(

8. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    First half has just finished.

Uruguay are one goal up. Korea dominated during the opening and towards the end, but could not finish some brilliant chances to score. Meanwhile Uruguay caught us out on the counter through some very neat passing.

Cha Du Ri is playing fantastic. The best I've seen him play ever. As for Choi Young Soo, I was willing to be patient with him, but he quite simply sucked AGAIN. I really don't know why Coelho loves him so much.

Korea can win the game, but Coelho better sub Choi Young Soo, otherwise we're doomed.

9. BigDevil

BigDevil New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    I still can't believe he missed that front of the goal opportunity, although the guy was shirt pulling him like there was no tomorrow.

Highly entertaining game :)

10. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Webcast? Anybody?

Also, can anyone give me the starting lineup for Korea? Thanks.

11. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    GK: Lee Woon-Jae

DF

Kim Tae-Young
    Cho Byung-Guk
    Lee Ki-Hyung
    Park Chung-Kyun

MF

Kim Nam-Il
    Yoo Sang-Chul
    Lee Eul-Yong
    Seol Ki-Hyun
    Cha Doo-Ri

FW: Choi Yong-Soo

12. BigDevil

BigDevil New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    2-0 Uruguay

Our defense needs some work

13. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    That's what I've been wondering with Coelho's lineups for a while now. Where the hell is JinChul Choi? Not many may have recognized it but he was one of the reasons why Korea didn't go out earlier during the World Cup.

14. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Why is Coelho subbing everyone except Choi Young Soo? He's doing absolutely nothing!

15. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Now, Coelho put U-22 striker, Cho Jae-Jin to pair up with Choi YS.

16. BigDevil

BigDevil New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Song CG in.

ANOTHER great opportunity missed!!! I believe it was a cross from Lee CS to Yoo SC RIGHT in front of goal. All Yoo SC had to do was get a foot on it.

We can't say that we haven't had our chances. We've had TONS of them!

17. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Choi Yong Soo, how did you miss that?!?!?!?

18. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Damn it, Choi YS!!!! You shouldn't have missed it.

19. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    One step in the right direction, Choi Yong Soo is subbed. May we never see him playing for Korea again.

20. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Korea is doing everything right... just put that ball in the net!!

21. Auxodium

Auxodium New Member

Apr 11, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    Oh dear that isn't the result the Koreans were chasing! They need to win more to convince the more established nations that WC2002 was no fluke. Personally Korea can do better and they can replicate WC2002.

22. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Full Time

Korea 0-2 Uruguay

23. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    Cha flicks the ball over the keep but it goes over the bar. The match is over. We lost 2-0.

It seems our boys have learnt a lot in Europe, Song Jong Guk and Lee Young Pyo both played well when they came on. We dominated the match, we would have scored at least ten if we had the finishing skills Uruguay had. A single goal from four matches is pretty abysmal, and it doesn't help that Coelho is so dependent on Choi Yong Soo for goals.

I was ready to tear Coelho into pieces as soon as we were down 2-0, but the KBS commenators reminded us viewers that Hiddink's nickname used to be '5-0' because of the huge scoreline losses we suffered under him, and that Coelho will need time too. Lets hope Korea wins against Argentina to put things right.

24. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I don't want to see yongsoo and doori again. Why did Coelho keep fielding choi?

25. BigDevil

BigDevil New Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Final Uruguay 2 - Korea 0

I can't believe how many good chances that we had on goal. At one point I think Korea had 19 shots on goal versus Uruguay's 8, most of which were great opportunities.

Cha DR and Lee YP played great, while Choi YS played pretty poorly.

All in all, a very entertaining game