Korea vs Maldives [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Holyjoe, Nov 1, 2004.

1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I imagine that there might be some tension between japan and north korea because of the kidnappings.

Considering how poorly the Korean team is playing, let's hope they don't get drawn with Iran...

2. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Doesn't matter. We should be beating these teams anyway. If we can't, we don't deserve to be in Germany.
    Still hope we qualify ... I think we will because I think the players are finally getting the gravity of the situation. If they fail to qualify, we'll have them crucified.

My view on how we will do against each country

Seed 1: Korea Japan
    We will never play Japan this coming qualifier so we'll consider that a big plus.

Seed 2: Iran KSA
    Iran: This is one team that's clearly better than us. If we get drawn with Iran, we're going to have to make the games against the other countries count to grab a qualification spot.
    KSA: We can still beat these guys both home and away I think.

Seed 3: Uzbekistan Bahrain
    Uzbekistan: Win at home, loss away.
    Bahrain: Goalless draws home and away may be a possibility.

Seed 4: DPR Korea Kuwait
    DPR Korea: We can definately beat these guys. They're improving, but not anywhere near our level yet.
    Kuwait: I'd be s***ing bricks against any team that can score 6 in one game.

3. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't think we have to worry about Korea qualifying for 06. We might struggle along the way, but it will happen. What we need to worry about is if we can produce an on par or better performance/quality of football as we did in 02. It would be amazing if we won in the finals against germany...revenge on them deutschebags

4. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I worry because of our inability to score may give us a lot of "tie" games. We may not lose too many games but tie games will make it difficult to finish in top two in a group. Let's hope Mr. B figures out how to increase goal output.

5. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    for some reason, im getting the same vibe about korea qualifying... i think we will qualify without a loss on these final qualifying games

6. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    S*** can strike at the worst possible moments... especially when you expect it to not happen.
    I'm gonna wait for the matches before I say anything like that.

7. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Does anyone have Lee Dong-guk's goal?

8. meron

meron New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    ny
    the other goal clip doesn't work either. Could someone post up clips of both goals if possible?

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
  10. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Good stuff good stuff ;)

11. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    hey guys there showing the match on mbc again RIGHT NOW.