Korea vs Japan 4/16/03 [R]

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by WuTang2002, Apr 7, 2003.

1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Starting line-ups? predictions? any webcasts?
    Are any of the euro-based players going to play?

2. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, that's what I wanna know. It doesn't seem like it. I don't think that's a Euro int'l week, is it? If not, then with all these tight races in Europe, I don't see any of the teams letting their players go. I'd like to see J and K Leaguers go at it anyway, letting some new guys get their first caps.

3. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    it's just impossible to call players from europe. we just called them against uruguay. besides, it's on 4/16 wednesday. should they participate, they have to miss at least 2 games in their club teams. nakamura already made it clear that he would not play this time. nakata is currently injured and parma cannot afford releasing him now so he won't play neither. i don't know about ono but probably feyenoord won't release him. inamoto and takahara should be busy to win the regular spot. zico already mentioned he would use the domestic league based squad this time.

we should be at our best in the east asia championship but this time, it's just not right time.

4. HwarangDo

HwarangDo New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Prediction:
    Korea 1 Japan 0
    *Choi Yong Soo redeems himself with deciding goal

5. Boom

Boom Member

Jan 16, 2003
    France
    HAHA It's so good to laugh sometimes...
    I hope Korea will win of course but I don't expect anything from Choi Yong-Soo....
    That's will not be an easy game. My prediciton: Korea - Japan: 2-1

6. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    In Korea SBS and KBS will broadcast this match live from 7 pm local time. I found a webpage where it has links to webcasts of both broadcasting stations.

The address is, http://tv.joa.to

You can watch the match live from there, but I am not very optimistic that you can get both the video and audio feeds while the match is underway since the traffic will be a lot busier than any normal day. But it's worth a try!

7. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    korea 5-0 japan

hamatachi again realizes that korea is too good.

8. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i dunno... choi yong su (and kim do hoon) plays well against local asian teams.

9. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    everyone knows this game is gonna be rigged like the south korea vs north korea. No one will win.

japan 1 - korea 1

10. rapscallion

rapscallion New Member

May 1, 2002
    is this going to be televised stateside? webcasts?

11. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm going to go with 1-1. Not much difference between the two teams. I'll be surprised if one team wins by more than one goal.

12. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But soon after all the hostilities will wash away as the spirit of team competition brings us all together. Hooray for draws with political implications!

13. Great Bender

Great Bender New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Korea's NT meeting got canceled..what ya think?

Due to the refusal of Anyang/Suwon to release their players to participate on the NT's practice, it got called off. The practice was called up with intention of getting the team ready for the match with Japan next week. This is certainly a controversial issue and I will give my humble opinion - screw you, Korean FA and way to stand up for yourselves, Anyang/Suwon!!
    I think k-league's club teams always get ripped off by the FA. No one cannot argue that Korea's recent success in World Cup could not have been achieved if it weren't for the clubs teams' almost altruistic and sacrificial cooperation with the FA to provide the players WHENEVER they wanted. But i think those ripping off action of Korean FA must be put an halt to.
    World Cup is big event and Korea wanted desperately not to embarrass themselves by not getting through the second round for the first time in worldcup history. In that case, it is understandable to give our players some extra practice but what now? Match against Japan. Is it that Big deal?? It will be a very good and competitive FRIENDLY match and nothing more. I heard Japan's NT is getting called up 2 days before the match. So why Korea has to make all lthe fuss about it by making the match so big deal? Rule says FA has a right to have players at their disposal 3 days before the match and that's what they should get.
    So now I want you guys to share your opinion on this matter. WHAT YOU ALL THINK?

14. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    first 4-1, next 5-1 and now 5-0? i can see your confidence grow everyday or have you just lost your mind?

15. Great Bender

Great Bender New Member

Mar 31, 2003
    My prediction: Korea 2: Japan 1
    Initially thought the game would end with a draw, but considering the home advantage, I wanted to give a slight advantage over to Korea. It should be really close game though. Anyway, what kind of squad is Japan sending over? I know it's not even close to their best squad(Neither is Korea) but just wanna check out the competitiveness of the team.

16. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Re: Korea's NT meeting got canceled..what ya think?

Agreed. Korean FA is an evil organization.
    They care nothing about K-League and its development.

17. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I'll reserve my prediction until the rosters are up.

18. ACkenji

ACkenji Member

Jan 13, 2002
    vsSKorea JapanNT members

GK Sogahata/Narasaki
    DF Narahashi/Hattori/Yamada/Tsuboi/Morioka
    /Miyamoto
    MF Fukunishi/Alex/Ogasawara/K Nakata/Endou
    FW M Nakayama/Kubo/Kurobe/Yamashita

4-4-2
    Kubo Kurobe
    Alex Ogasawara
    K Nakata Fukunishi
    Hattori Morioka Akita Narahashi
    Narasaki

19. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Re: vsSKorea JapanNT members

It's missing all the european players, but I can see this would still be a pretty decent squad still! Looks like JFA did the best they can do with what they had in the J-League. Good to see Gon still may be included in the squad even though time is running out on him(one of my all time fav Japanese players).

As for the Korean squad, the only Euro-based player that may be playing is Cha Doo-Ri, and rest of the squad will be formed from the domestic league just like the Japanese squad. That means Lee Chun-Soo, Choi Tae-Uk, Yoo Sang-Chul, Lee Woon-Jae will play so it'll still be pretty decent squad... and I'm assuming Ahn and Choi from J-league will be allowed to play too. Coelho will probably also include some young players from our U-23 squad as well (like Choi Sung-Kook, Jung Jo-Gook, Kim Dong-Jin and others).

20. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    any chance of seeing Motoyama on the Japanese squad?

21. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: Re: vsSKorea JapanNT members

Exactly. I don't consider it a B-side. Koji Nakata and Alex provided a spark when they came on against Uruguay. I assume they will start this time.

22. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    GO NAKAYAMA!! accroding to some article, he will start the game.

it seems like the 4 back is settled with the same one againt uruguay. how long zico's gonna use like of akita, narahashi, and hattori?? who will replace them by next year? zico said he would not like offside traps, then why is miyamoto in the squad? will matsuda be back by may?

i see only one sub available in the midfield then the starting lineup will most likely be what ac said and looks pretty solid.

let sogahata start the game. probably better than narasaki in communication considering who play defense.

yeah how is motoyama doing these days? are nishizawa and morishima now completely out of sight?

23. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    sorry to keep asking about players, but what happened to Kitajima and Yamashita? Did they just go away to a floating world or something?

24. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    this game's lost some of its edge after the World Cup. I say the Japanese army plants itself in Dok-do/Takeshima from now until next Tuesday to get this game's blood rushing.

in any case, i think Korea will win this thing 2-0 or 2-1. Japan's attack looks suspect, but so does Korea's defense. I think track record and the Seoul advantage is worth a goal or two though. Also, I see Choi yong-soo doing something well, because he always gets up for Japan (when he gets the minutes that is he played like 10 mins in the last friendly). Not too thrilled about him being the one-top. Frankly, I can't see any Korean player doing well in that sort of system, maybe Ahn.

25. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    I know. I don't like Zico sticking with the same old back 4. It is time to play Tsuboi.