Post-match: Korea vs Cameroon (Friendly) September 27, 2022

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Lionel Richie, Sep 25, 2022.

?

Which result do you predict?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2022.
  1. Korea will win.

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. It'll be a tie.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Cameroon will win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jesus christ gunitinug actually making criticisms about the national team lol. Since when did you pull a 180? You were always positive and optimistic about the knt.

2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #52 LeeSeungWoo, Sep 27, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Please no. If it is just for the Asian Cup, I am okay with that since the new manager prob wont have enough time to prepare.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm reading that he's done after the WC.

4. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Blah blah blah. cliché
    There were a number of managers fired during the World Cups.
    Cha Boom was one of them. In fact Korea did better after he was gone.
    Causality is not necessarily implicated but it shows that it is not really a disaster to change the manager.
    More recently Spain fired the manager just 3 days prior to WC 2018 for a seemingly petty reason. Just a month ago there were at least 3 WC team head coaches fired.

I just want to see Lee KI in this World Cup and Lee SW(and a few other guys) at least tested before the World Cup. Bento can play his beautiful football elsewhere. Portugal will erect a monument to honor his beautiful soccer philosophy and unyielding principles that nobody but geniuses can understand.

nmssis repped this.
  5. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The limit was 6. Bento did not play Lee even though he could if he wanted to.
    I am pretty sure Lee will not go to WC unless Bento is fired.

6. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bentos been good enough, time to stop weeping about Kangin. Yes he should’ve been tested but he plays in our deepest position. I’m more disappointed we couldn’t see Cho Guesung to establish himself since he and Hwang Uijo seem to be on opposite trajectories. Probably one of the greatest advantages this WC squad has over previous iterations is that our manager is competent and has been in charge for the whole cycle

7. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #57 Fector, Sep 28, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
    Bento probably was scared that Lee KI might do too well if he gave him any playing time. According to Park Moonsung he knows some who watched the training session before the game and Lee did extremely well in the mini-game, like 1 goal and 3 assists, so they were sure that Lee would, at least, see some playing time.

This might sound like a childish wild accusation but Bento, as obstinate as he is, is human after all and he has no choice but to be at least mindful of the public pressure. He does not want to be put into a situation in which he is forced to play Lee against his plan.

In the above youtube Moonsung's guest talks more specifically about the WC 2014 in which Portugal crashed out at the group stage. He was exactly the same as he is right now. He had a tendency to use players in bad forms whose careers were in decline. He also avoided some who later became very successful and were already "rising stars".

Soccer is after all just a game of chance. He might have been unlucky in WC 2014 and he may become lucky in WC 2022 but I will not be convinced of his managerial skills even if he wins the WC 2022.

If you watch his interview after Lee KI scored a goal vs Real in 2021, it is clear that his mind was already made up by then that he did not want Lee in his squad. He never says he will call up Lee if Lee does this and that or accomplishes something. That is pretty unusual for any manager and any player.