Post-match: Korea vs Cameroon (Friendly) September 27, 2022

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Lionel Richie, Sep 25, 2022.

?

Which result do you predict?

Poll closed Sep 27, 2022.
  1. Korea will win.

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. It'll be a tie.

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Cameroon will win.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wee Joe lasted 10 mins. Poor guy can't catch a break.

2. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I think the limit for sub is 5 for this game and he used all of it according to a Korean forum. No Lee KI but that was expected.

3. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
  4. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    We played with verve and intensity that I was very happy to see.

5. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    It is pretty common that some just have an unpopular opinion that goes against the mainstream netizens' and he thinks it is a sign he knows something about soccer.

That is pretty childish but I have seen that from bigsoccer-korea more than in any other place.

6. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    So the worst possible outcome.

Merely a face-saving result, no new tactics, no new face, no Lee KI or the 20 year old, Bento will not be fired, Chung Monkey won't resign, Lee KI won't go to the World Cup, Korea's World Cup is screwed and no one cares.

Compare this with 2005 when Bonfrere was fired even after a successful qualification because KFA did not think Korea would make the round of 16 with him at the helm. Chung Monkey simply does not care.

7. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    The face of the man bigsoccer-Korea loves.
    [​IMG]

I got this from a Korean board. I am too old to make an issue out of how a NT manager looks but Korean fans surely hate him.

8. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I confess I know nothing about soccer. I may even be guilty of having an "unpopular" (I don't even know where) and contrarian opinion.

But I know it's idiotic to fire a manager just before the WC.

Seol Korea and Bom23 repped this.
  9. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Btw, if you saw "no new tactic" in the match, then I'm not the only one who knows nothing about soccer.

10. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Through all the BS that comes with being a KNT fan, one blessing is supporting Son HM. Great, kind guy who never gets hurt

11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Illogical, no bite to his game and what waste of talent

At this point just ride out his contract but what a mistake

12. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Word going around on twitter than Kim JS may be hurt. The KJS curse strikes again

13. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    That really blows on top of what seems like a significant injury to HUJ.

14. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    Hwang UJ's injury is not so serious according to the Korean media. Quite a few Korean fans are disappointed. Korean fans are usually not that mean but Bento is such a man; he will play his preferred player even on a wheelchair. Figuratively speaking. When Na-Sangho was injured Korean fans were elated(the article had like 500 "like" buttons), only to be disappointed to see a healthy Na report to the camp. That was pretty mean but I found it really funny.

Even when Bento was hired Portuguese were saying exactly the same thing Korean fans are complaining about right now. There has to be something to it.

Human intuition is grossly overrated. The notion that only selected a few have a mysterious and divine intuition and understanding of ... a simple stupid game should be just laughed at. Alpha-Go has proven that what people thought was unique to humans is simply an illusion.

If even soccer pundits are almost unanimously critical of Bento, there should be something to it. Geniuses often have unpopular opinions, but unpopular opinions are not signs of geniuses.

15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Saw some great plays here and there.. but their team was not even their best 11. A lot of key players were missing and yet we were able to score only 1 in our home ground.

It's a pity that LKI was never tested.

16. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    Yea, not sure what all the jubilation is for when we played acceptably against a horrendous Cameroon squad.

I wish we would play away for friendlies...playing at home gives us undeserved confidence.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Not saying it hasn't happened before, but the talk or idea of remotely firing a manager just roughly 2 months before the WC is absolutely asinine. I know people have been calling for Bento's head on the chopping block years ago, but to even suggest he should get fired now is beyond retardation.

Anyway, overall I thought this was a much better match than the Costa Rica one, at least up until the point Son Jun-ho got subbed off, that's where things started to peel off.

Son Jun-ho imo was the highlight of the match (Not taking away from Hwang Hee-chan, Son, Kim Min-jae, or even Jeong Woo-young), with him and Hwang In-beom putting the midfield on lockdown, we had a nice balance of offense and defense, not to mention Son Jun-ho's accurate passing and eagle vision. Granted this wasn't Cameroon's best 11, it's been a while since we've had a pretty sound cm/dm partnership to which it reminds me of why I kept harping about testing Son Jun-ho since Hong Myung-bo took charge in 2014, but we ended up with Jung Woo-young instead under Stielike's reign. Hell we could've even had Lee Myung-joo as well.

Son's goal from open play was good to see, especially being from a header. The fact that he seems to be scoring more now than he's ever did previously is also a refreshing thing to take notice of. Also, his free kick accuracy is pretty spot on, nearly scored again had it not went slightly wide, which Tottenham fans still gotta be scratching their heads as to why Kane constantly keeps taking them with no end product.

Pressing game was good, I have no idea why we didn't press at all against Japan, but we gain so much in terms of controlling the match and tempo, Jeong Woo-young in particular was all over the pitch like a mad dog, it was a glimpse of how we were in 2002. We've won the ball and cut off a lot of plays majority of the night where we were able to create lots of scoring chances.

Defensively we were much better, but again only up until the point where Son Jun-ho got subbed off. There were some instances where Cameroon tried to take advantage of our open spaces, but unfortunate for them on not being able to capitalize on it like Costa Rica did. Kim Jin-su's side once again was being targeted the most, and lately his stamina just seems to dip close to 70-80 minutes that he tends to leave a lot of space at the back.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's as I've said before, but tactically his chances of playing went down the gutter when Hwang Ui-jo got injured, otherwise we could've seen him play for 10 minutes the least. Until then, he won't be a starter, at least not until after the WC is over, and if we end up with a manager who values Lee Kang-in's service.

All in all, it's a pity that neither he or Yang Hyun-jun got to play.

19. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    According to the team doctor and staff, Hwang Ui-jo's injury isn't serious as he suffered a minor muscle pain, he should be back asap.

21. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    That is welcome news. Even with HUJ's limitations, there isn't a suitable replacement in the attacking tool box.

seolseol and Seol Korea repped this.
  22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is true, we don't have that many options within the FW department, we do have Joo Min-kyu who is on fire but we'll likely see him post WC (Still a wishful thinking though).

All in all, I think our FW selection for the WC will only be Hwang Ui-jo and Cho Gue-sung. If Bento decides to add one more FW, then it's likely Cho Young-wook, however I think he might opt him out for another midfielder or defender depending.

23. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we create chances well but we can't convert them into goals. we have to shoot more.

24. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Totally agreed. It's absurd that some ppl actually want to fire him 2 months before the WC lol.

Isn't his contract till the Asian Cup btw?

Seol Korea repped this.
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not sure if he agreed to a contract extension, but I did read that the KFA was getting ready to offer him one once the WCQs was done. His initial contact runs till the WC finals though.