Korea U23 vs Costa Rica U23 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korea_Fighting, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    [​IMG]

Full Time
    Korea U23 4 - 1 Costa Rica U23

2. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  3. Sukhwa

Sukhwa Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Korea
    My thoughts on the game:

Costa Rica quite simply dominated early on and to be honest they should have been 2-0 up. As I hate to admit it, home advantage did play a part in this game. I'm not sure if it would have gone the same way if the match had been played elsewhere.

But ours players did well to recover from their abject performance. After the equaliser, we were firmly in the driving seat and ripped Costa Rica apart especially towards the end of the game. It really surprised me how easily the Costa Rican team collapsed after they went 2-1 down. I'm not sure if we truly deserved such a huge win, but I'll take it nonetheless. :)

I was pretty happy that Jung Jo Guk managed to grab a goal. Perhaps he might have been low in confidence because he had been mediocre recently compared to his U-20 team mate Choi Sung Guk. That goal will hopefully kick start a goal scoring fest from him this year.

4. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Yes, I agree with Sukhwa that Costa Rica's disallowed second goal should have stood. There was no foul and it was a fair goal. I'm not sure why Malaysian referee called it an offensive foul.

Anyhow, after the shaky start Choi Tae-Wook's intelligent goal made the score level on sheet and Korea dominated goal possession for the remainder of the game. I think this 60% ball possession was too much for Costa Rica to handle. We simply had too much of the ball.

5. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  6. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  7. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  8. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Two things I felt regret were:

1. I wish the coach Kim Ho-Gun devised a more efficient tactic to utilise Choi Sung-Kuk better. He is good but he cannot beat all 11 players by himself. I think he should either be placed as AM or CM to deliver the ball to forwards after he has created space.

2. Our players done well to try out delicate short passes in the midefield which worked pretty well, but they need to learn how to attack effectively inside crowed penalty area. I think either going back to wing then crossing or short delicate passes to open up for a finish or other scenarios are more profitable rather than everyone rushing to take a shot at goal just to be blocked by wall of defenders.

9. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
  10. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Any video clips other than news clips from sbs, kbs, and mbc?

11. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    "Ahtssah! Ahtssah!"

12. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    "Yae Dul Ah, moe yuh, E Maek Jak dul ahp hae suh jon na hoo kka shee jap ja"

13. BadAzzSnowboarder

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    "Guess which one used to ride the short yellow bus to school"

14. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    This is a disgrace, in so many respects. Wanna-be blondes kneeling and praying to their blonde Jesus.

15. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Some claim Jesus was black. :) And I don't think it's a disgrace. Choi TU and Song CG are devoted christians and they always do that. And others in the pic were just jokingly making fun of Choi.

16. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    dont forget Lee YP ^^;

17. otto

otto New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    The Belly of the Beast
    Sure. But go to any church in Korea and you'll find portraits of Jesus looking all Aryan with blue eyes. There is a very twisted internalized white superiority in Korea (and many other parts of the world) where people practice Christianity or Catholicism.

18. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    some people think Korean-American christians were annoying, but Korean Christians are ten times worse.

don't get me wrong, I'm Christian and all, but a lot of the proselytizing is a bit ridiculous. i think Korea's the only place in the world where people will go to train stations find recruits for church.