Korea off to the USA?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Holyjoe, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    DANG. Home Depot Center ??! The Seahawks Stadium would make a better venue :D

2. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    ^
    seriously. seahawks stadium can seat 67,000+ as opposed to the 20,000?

but the weather here has been nippy so I think they would rather play in so cal where its like 15-21C

that sucks for Korea, I wish they would have played in Europe. The players would have seen and realized they need more team work. So much more to learn in Europe then playing friendlies in the states.

3. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well I still dont own a TV in the states, so maybe i'll drop by Best Buy when I get back to Seattle. I'm sure my ko-am friends there would rather watch the Sonics play while my fob friends wouldnt give a rat's @ss. I'm a loner :(

4. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    ^
    check out fatwallet.com
    you can find some good deals (computers, dica's, tv's...) and free stuff (like magazines, cinema passes)

sonics are doing their routine "we're awesome during the beginning of the season," but they will go in a slump and stay that way (it's ray allen's last year with the sonics too- LOL). most american raised korean's prefer basketball (even baseball) to football - baseball WTF. i was quite surprised when i when i was living in so cal that most koreans jumped on football during 02 then the football hype died out since then. the KNT's visit will give them another opportunity to hype it up til 06. i guess the KNT will keep me occupied during the holiday in Europe. hopefully they'll show the matches on tv.

5. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I posted a similar thread in the USA Mens section, in case you guys want to read up on the opposition.

6. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope the USA game is at the Home Depot Center in L.A. That would be awesome & hope many Koreans show up & add to the atmosphere, ESPECIALLY the females!!

Any word on where the Colombia friendly will be?? Being of Colombian heritage, I might enjoy going to that match as well.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?name=/news/sports/200411/20041126/4bz82002.htm

Another interesting article, debating over the importance and necessity of a long-term A-Team training season early 2005 vs. K-League clubs' training without their key players, listed in the A-Team. Personally, I think early 2005 is the only time of the year when our A-Team will get any training done together. Might as well get it over with since Jo Bonfrere will obviously select the players that will be suggested to him, not players that he have watched over the past few months as manager. With the WCQ's this year, K-League is pretty much dead :(

8. Skurwiel007

Skurwiel007 Member

Jun 12, 2004
    Man, can't read this!!! :D

9. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I believe this is the squad Goldmember plans to take to the USA:

Goalkeepers
    Lee Woon-jae (Suwon)
    Kim Young-kwang (Chunnam)
    Kim Yong-dae (Busan)

Defenders
    Choi Jin-cheol (Cheonbuk)
    Park Jae-hong (Cheonbuk)
    Park Dong-hyuk (Cheonbuk)
    Jo Byung-guk (Suwon)
    Kim Chi-kon (FC Seoul)
    Kim Jin-kyu (Chunnam)

Midfielders
    Kim Nam-il (Chunnam)
    Jung Kyung-ho (Gwangju)
    Kim Sang-sik (Gwangju)
    Kim Dong-jin (FC Seoul)
    Kim Doo-hyun (Suwon)
    Kim Jung-woo (Ulsan)
    Yoo Kyung-ryul (Ulsan)
    Park Kyu-sun (Cheonbuk)

Forwards
    Lee Dong-guk (Gwangju)
    Namkung Do (Cheonbuk)
    Kim Dong-hyun (Suwon)
    Choi Sung-guk (Ulsan)
    Park Ju-young (Korea University)

10. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i am soooo going to all three games..

11. thetaylor310

thetaylor310 Member

Jul 30, 2004
    São Paulo-SP, BRASIL
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL yeah!
    Me too! :D

You will find me with my large Taegukki and my 2002/2004 Home Hwang Sun-Hong jersey :)

12. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    I hear that US declined to play and Sweden is substituted in its place. It would have been better if they could play both US and Sweden. What arrogant bastards these US!!! They improved but they are not that good, their fifa ranking notwithstanding, certainly not enough to decline WC semifinalists.

Sweden could be a good checkup against Uzbeck. But Uzbecks are not that big though. Actually, maybe a tad bit smaller than Koreans if I believe the statistics from AC 2004 profiles.

13. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I certainly hoped to play the United States but Sweden seems like a better opponent anyway.

14. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe check your sources before you start talking about who the arrogant bastards may be . . . check out the FIFA site's match listed for Jan 22:

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/fixture...ct13=KOR&select1='F','WQ','WF','CC','CQ','CF'

Is your source better than FIFA?

Or perhaps the Home Depot Center:

http://www.homedepotcenter.com/events/report.sps?iEventID=16073&categoryid=401

15. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I'd guess his source is either someone quoting the KFA or the KFA itself.

The USA did initially agree to a friendly match, but yesterday the KFA announced that on the January 22nd they'd be playing Sweden.

January 15: Colombia
    January 18: Paraguay
    January 22: Sweden

(all three games to be played at the Home Depot Centre)

That info is on the KFA website and was posted there yesterday. Time for FIFA and the Home Depot Centre folk to update their information, methinks.

16. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    i doubt sweden will have their main players like zlatan, larsson, and ljungberg but they still look like a great sparring partner for korea to me..

its gonna be a great experience for our young players to go against big ass mofos like the swedish..

but i wanted korea to play USA because of the atmosphere of the stadium will be more intense with USA's home-feild advantage and gripload of korean fans from LA..

im going to all three games for sure..

ill be wearing my #21 J S Park jersey so if any of u guys see me, feel free to HOLLA at me..

17. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    It makes sense for the US to play at least two out of Sweden, Paraguay, Colombia, and South Korea. Maybe Bruce wants Sweden and Paraguay instead of Korea.

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    According to Korean Press Reports, it was in fact the US PLayer's Association that refused the friendly against Korea for some anonymous reason. But then again, I don't see anything more attractive about Paraguay or Columbia over Korea. United States, also, I assume, would be much more of a worthy and attractive sparring partner for the Koreans, not to degrade Paraguay or Columbia ( but I just did, didn't I :confused: ).

19. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK - I stand corrected. Very odd scenario, though. :(

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Nay, I couldn't possibly correct you since I can't support myself with a valid article. However it is very disappointing - I wanted to see another Korea v USA :(

21. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Maybe they didn't like how Koreans treated Apolo Anton Ohno? :)

22. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Currently, US Player's Association is in negotiating a contract with USSF by threating a strike. So that can be a reason for uncertainty as the game. Without the contract being signed, there will be no players from association for any game. So it is better for Korea to get a sure conponent for their trip.

23. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Columbia & Sweden as opponents are OK but didn't we play Paraguay many times recently?

Also, I would imagine Columbia & Parguay team are too similar in style. It would be like playing same team twice ;)

Canada may have been a better choice than Paraguay if we could not line up USA. Costa Rica, too.

24. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    No. Colombia is more physical. Its players more like Brazil, Costa Rica, or any African or Carribean sides. Paraquay is more like Chile, Peru, Argentina or Mexico. :)

25. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    a few things

paraguay is one of the most physical teams in south america along with the uruguayans, they are certanly more physical that the colombians

colombia does have a similir style to brazil, peru dosnt play anything like paraguay they also have a brazilian style