korea jersey

Discussion in 'Korea' started by casualfan, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    As described above, try Ebay.

Or wait, 'till those guys get some jerseys again;

http://www.subside.co.uk/keyword.asp

Some american told me that there will be supplies available in November.

2. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah I tried ebay and what you described earlier, but those are all kick off versions and I really don't want those lower quality versions... I want at least the single layer one, and I would gladly pay more for the cool motion one...

but yeah maybe I should wait till subside restocks... hopefully its soon. Too bad they don't number korean jerseys though... :(

3. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
  4. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yup that one looks alright... but I was looking for the away jersey though... ^^; I really can't seem to find the replica/cool motion version of that ANYWHERE, only the kick off versions...

5. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    Oh, sorry, forgotten this point.

But its cheap anyway^^

And this isn't my auction, as the question occurred to me several times^^

At work now...

...back in 4 hours...

6. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey guys,
    is the flag supposed to be on the left or right arm? The jersey in the auction has the flag on the left side, but pictures I've seen from the WC in magazines have the WC logo nthe left arm and the flag on the right arm.

Stinger, could you verify this??

7. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    The flag is supposed to be on the left sleeve of the jersey normally, but in World cup they put the world cup logo on the left instead and flag got moved to the right sleeve.

But it's supposed to be on the left side regularly. They did it specially for world cup i guess.

8. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    Yeah, you're right.
    The special world cup version, has the FIFA 2002 emblem on the right sleeve instead of the flag.

Hard to find a coll motion jersey like that.

9. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for verifying guys. :)
    I'm actually the high bidder right now, but I didn't notice the switched flag thing at first.

Is it true the Korea's contract with Nike ends this year??

10. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
  11. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Re: Korea jersey with no lines???

actually, I can kind of see the lines. Our jersey looks extremely red at certain lightings. As for the poster, I don't think it came out too well so it doesn't really show the lines. Nonetheless, I can see the lighter-reddish thin lines on the shirt when looked closely.

13. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    It is definitively the cool motion jersey. The picture is from the game Korea vs. USA. I remember Ahn's posture and his hairs waving in the wind.^^

14. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    yes the one Ahn is wearing is of course a cool motion jersey, but the one the guy is selling may be not.

15. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    Acutally, he sells no korea jersey.

Besides, if you find a special world cup version of the cool motion jersey you could sell it for over 100$.

It is extremely rare.

Quatro was only asking, what a jersey that is.

16. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey guys,

I've actually seen a jersey like that on eBay from a seller named siamcentre. It was a Hong M.B. shirt with no lines, just like the one in this picture. Everything was the same as this picture, except I don't think it was a two layer Cool Motion.

I'll ask the guy if he still has it and if he does, I'll post pics.

BTW: I won the auction :)

17. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    be careful about those guys who sell from thailand, singapore, hong kong, etc. not only are they not that trustworthy, the authenticity of their soccer jerseys is questionable.

18. casualfan

casualfan New Member

Aug 13, 2002
    is it actually possible to find a special world cup version of any team's jersey? i mean, i'm pretty sure the only special ones they make are for team players and maybe coaches, who else would get the special privilege of getting a real authentic jersey?

19. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Oct 5, 2002
    Germany, Duisburg
    My thought, too. I can't imagine someone getting his hands on such a jersey.
    Although you can get an emblem by ironing it on your cool motion jersey, it would be on the wrong sleeve.

But where are all the jerseys of Ahn, Park and so on? The jerseys they actually wore? Someone must have it^^

I will ask Marco Bode(Germany) if he would give me the jersey he got from Do-Ri Cha after the match against Korea.^^

By the way: What do those players do with their jerseys, they got after a match? Put them in some room in their house?

quattrosystem: Be aware of those sellers with their articles, the fact, that the lines are missing, is a proof that this is replica.
    Watch, how "Korea" is written. If it is written like at the symbol of the world cup (with the special "K" in the beginning), then it is a replica, too.
    Congrats, for winning the auction.^^

20. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    this is what I thought too.

21. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    congrats to winning the auction.

btw, like I had said, I DO see the thin lines on Ahn's shirt up there. Just look at the lower left corner of the shirt. I can clearly see the pinkish lines. I think the printing kind of made it a bit blurry.

22. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Avoid siamhip (bought a fake germany home from him by accident although it had adidas tags and all) on eBay thats what I know for sure, but this guy named baboo14 has some nice jerseys. I've bought a japan nakata home & away (2 layer), arsenal home, england home, italy home (a white friend asked me to order it!!!) and brazil home shirts either for myself or for others.

the brazil shirt was questionable, although it looked fairly believable, but the japan, arsenal, england and italy all looked very authentic. the tags, the logos etc.

and yeah, the majority of korea jerseys on eBay are fake! I've actually seen a guy on the street with a blatantly fake korea home. I know it's his choice, but most would think it's kind of embarassing wearing a pink shirt with a lavender tiger. lol. it's wrong in so many ways.

@KF still can't see the lines! but i'll take your word for it.

stinger im going to watch the USA game again and pay close attention to the shirts. but i think you guys are right about the bad picture thing.

23. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I remember seeing a clip either on TV or online somewhere where a Korean news station was either selling or giving away (as contest prizes) game used and autographed items. I clearly remembering seeing a pair of Adidas Predator Manias (the black ones) that were signed and I think worn by Park Ji Sung. I assume there were other items too, some of which were jerseys.
    Does anyone remember this or can verify?

24. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without a doubt. I won an Arsenal jersey and a Real Madrid jersey from 2 different sellers from Thailand or wherever it was. They're fake. But I must say they are real good fakes. I was pretty impressed cuz it took me a while to figure it out. I had search every part of the jersey inside and out to figure out its authenticity (or lack thereof). But hey, if you want don't want an expensive jersey that looks almost like the real thing then go for it.

25. Anaheim

Anaheim Member

Oct 2, 2001
    New Zealand
    I am deeply regretting not getting the Korean jersey before the WC...
    The one I could have got was the official WC version (two layers with WC tag and all). They were selling it for NZ$180. I called after the WC to see if any were still availabe, and the guy just laughed at me. -_-

Does anyone know if nike are still making the two layered jerseys? I got my dad's friend to send me one, but even though its an official nike product, its the crappy thin plastic-like material one.