Konrad de la Fuente at Lausanne-Sport

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    An exciting Eibar comeback seems unlikely today, with Eibar ahead 2-0 this time, at halftime.

I think the move is to give Konrad decent minutes in the second half today, then start him in the Copa Del Rey game on Tuesday.

2. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Circling back, Konrad DNP in a 5-1 Eibar victory.

In my mind, his absence today promises a start on Tuesday. :thumbsup:

HScoach13 repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    It was against a fifth-tier club, but it's something.

5. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Konrad makes the bench against Espanyol - ESPN+ game if he plays.

6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Konrad made it onto the field, but very late (83’), and of course I would have said too late, in a 2-1 defeat, but Eibar tied things up at 2-2 at 90+8’!

That tying goal was an own goal, but even without seeing it I’m sure it was due to Konrad’s electrifying presence.

Hope he gets additional minutes as the season advances.

7. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Konrad wasn't involved in the goal, which was a free kick headed off of the post and then put in by a defender attempting a clearance, poorly.

Konrad completed all his passes, drew a foul that was so lame he laughed in the defender's face, and nearly scored putting a ball on net from ten yards out of a line drive cross - he didn't get a lot on it, but it was toward the corner, and forced the best save from the Espanyol keeper in the part of the match I watched.

Looked healthy, which is what I wanted as much as anything. Plus, they move into second place - if he's going to be in the Segunda, being in a promotion battle is as good as it gets.

comoesa, LouisZ, Dander and 4 others repped this.
  8. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Konrad subbed on in the 76th minute yesterday against Oviedo. Unfortunately, lost on an 89th minute VAR-aided PK that made it 2-1.

Winoman repped this.
  9. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Gorky and Winoman repped this.
  10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Eibar 3-1 Levante, Eibar edging into 3rd place (likely temporarily, as several teams just below have a game in hand).

Konrad came on for Stoichkov at 80’.

Casper repped this.
  11. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @bungadiri
    @TheFalseNine
    @dark knight
    Can we change the title:

Konrad de la Fuente at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Raising the Eibar: Konrad de la Fuente At SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Winoman repped this.
  13. Roblar

Roblar Member+

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    But what about the eye-test? Konrad de la Fuente at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Winoman repped this.
  14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Konrad is on the bench today, Eibar hosting Villarreal B in the featured Monday match. An Eibar win will jump them from 6th to 2nd place in LaLiga 2.

15. HScoach13

HScoach13 Member+

Nov 30, 2016
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Eibar has taken a Red card before half so it is unlikely Konrad gets in.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    DNP. Eibar was actually the away team today, losing 1-0 to Villarreal B on a late-game stoppage time goal.

In case you’re wondering, the role of last-sub-so-scapegoat fell to Quique, who entered at 88’ for Stoichkov.

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Konrad STARTS a Copa del Rey match - at Melilla, which is one of the parts of Spain on the African continent. Don't get a lot of YA action from Africa, but we do today.

ShortyMac, Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  18. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    Konrad off after 69 minutes, 1-1. Guess it would have been surprising for him to play much more than that, given his limited minutes prior.

19. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Final score: Melilla 1-1 Eibar, Eibar advancing 1-4 on PKs - good news for Konrad.

Winoman and Casper repped this.
  20. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why has this guy flopped so hard?

21. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He just wanted to prove @adam tash wrong.

superdave and Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  22. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not speaking specifically about KDLF, but with a lot of youth players who don't live up to expectations there are two questions

1) Like you said: why has this guy flopped so hard?

or

2) Why did fans and experts flop so hard saying this guy was the real deal?

23. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    or

3) Why do so many posters here confuse wanting a player to succeed with expecting a player to succeed?

The odds against success in Europe are enormous. Look at Gio Reyna, who (in our terms) is immensely talented, and who has tasted success but now is struggling to get any playing time at Dortmund.

You have to stay healthy. You have to make good club choices. You have to have some luck on your side.

In Konrad’s case, the original hope was that he came through the Barcelona program, known for producing highly skilled/technical players - something we are not known for. But that is only part of the package.

On the minus side were the concerns - more than rumors - that he was immature and not fully professional when it came to training habits etc. He’s still just 22, so perhaps he’s still maturing and will get his act together.

Konrad faces long odds, but that was always the case. He’s one of ours, so I wish him well.

Won’t you join me?

Gorky, The Irish Rover, russ and 4 others repped this.
  24. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because he was killing it at Barca B team and didn't look out of place in his only cup game for Barca A team and his French club Marseille.

I believe his issue is not physical, but work ethic. He is being known to party when he should be resting for the next game.

The kid still young, hopefully, he will learn on how to be a professional soccer player.

HScoach13 repped this.
  25. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He got called out at Marseille for not taking training seriously by Sampaoli. Dunno if he had the same issue elsewhere but I remember that being pretty public. I never felt good about the Olympiakos move because it came out of nowhere so something always felt off there.

The other issue is while Konrad is good at beating his man and dribbling down the sideline thats... all he really does. Not a great crosser/passer and he doesn't really attack the goal. So once teams realize he's not gonna challenge the goal he's kind of easy to defend

Jazzy Altidore repped this.