Konrad de la Fuente setting the bar high at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    This is one of the worst adult film pitches I can imagine.

PalmettoSpur and wixson7 repped this.
  2. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I'd have to watch it again, but even then, incited by Payet? The clowns didn't need to be incited, they were already full scale freaking nut jobs. We all know these idiots. I was at a Giants Game two weeks ago in SF and some loon spent the whole game perforating my eardrums with her innane bull---- at F16 Engine's revving up volume, and it was my 5 year olds first baseball game, thankfully he spent nearly all of it with friends and family away from that lunatic in some other seats friends of ours bought that weren't next to ours.

At the end of the day, if fans do that, they are straight up lunatic ---holes to begin with, and didn't need much prompting to act on it, Payet being an idiot or not. People need to call these --- ----'s what they are. They're in every stadium, it's just some have far more of them than others.

ShayG and TimB4Last repped this.
  3. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Man, is this guy the definition of a winger or what? Hard to imagine him playing
    any other position on the field.

What a great loan this has been so far, in every aspect.

Speaking of the riot, I saw PSG (who were just as hated then in the rest of France) play Nice.... in Nice in their old stadium in 1985. Only time I ever attended a game live in Nice, and a riot also broke out haha

RossD, Deeneaus and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  4. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    * Correction 1989

5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It isn't a loan.

6. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    Good point and I stand corrected. Repped

7. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Looked sharp!

ChicagoVT, Footsatt and adi21 repped this.
  8. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    Unfortunately, the clip did leave out the most important moment in the game. KDLF has the ball on the wing but is cut off and passes it back centrally to someone under pressure, who loses it to Lokomotiv. They go the other way and score. Now a lot had to go wrong between the KDLF pass and the goal being scored, and it wasn't his fault that his teammate lost it, but passing it centrally to someone under pressure without cover was not a great decision.

Deeneaus repped this.
  9. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what other options did he have ? None that I saw.

10. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are queasy in YA. The guy he passed it too is a pro too.

madvillain repped this.
  11. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Not gonna name names, but someone here owes me a new pair of rose-colored glasses. :cool:

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I'd like to see they clip if anyone has it.

13. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Are you sure you weren't watching another game? The Lokomotiv goal is at 8.15 on this clip.

It comes from the Marseille right, while KDLF was, as always, playing wide left. You can see him on the far bottom right of the screen, wearing his customary #20., far away from the turnover, which had happened - in the Lokomotiv half -so much earlier that it doesn't even make the clip and there were at least 15 seconds from the turnover occurring and the goalscorer taking the shot.

On top of that, when he got the shot off, there were 8 Mareille players marking 5 Lokomotiv attackers. Even if he'd made a poorly-judged backpass, to someone else, who then went and lost the ball, there was so much time to get back in shape - and kill the move - it's ridiculous. KDLF made an individual mistake, but goal was down to multiple team errors.

Winoman and adi21 repped this.
  14. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Here's extended cut.. it's in there somewhere.

https://streamable.com/gdx8em

TimB4Last repped this.
  15. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There was some problem with the video. Here is another link to it. The sequence starts at 8.16

16. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    #2391 The Irish Rover, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    The whole sequence is in @wixson7 's post.

https://streamable.com/gdx8em

In that video, the sequence starts at 2.25 and KDLF makes the hospital pass at 2.28 and his team mate coughs up the ball on 2.30, with Anjorin taking the shot on 2.48.

18-20 seconds is an age in football. Sampaoli will have been bollocking the entire team in the video sessions today because, yes, KDLF made a poorly-judged pass, but there were at least 4 separate opportunities to kill the counter-attack that weren't taken. That's sacrilege for a Bielsa disciple.

comoesa repped this.
  17. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I must say you guys are a bit nuts. KDLF's teammate had LOADS of time to play that first time but decided to settle it and take another touch. That was not a hospital pass. A hospital pass is one where you get crunched with your first touch.

don Lamb, adi21, madvillain and 3 others repped this.
  18. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    I agree, a LOT had to happen, both bad luck and bad defending. I just wanted to note that the all-touches highlights left off the most relevant touch he had in his entire appearance.

It's also worth mentioning that there was a lot of space for the counterattack because of where the ball was lost, and it really left the team scrambling. Not the kind of thing you want when you are trying to kill off a one goal lead up a man.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  19. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    #2394 golazo68, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    You are right. Definitely not a hospital ball.

Receiver made 2 or 3 key mistakes on the play: (1) Should have approached ball more. Instead stood, waited, ...which opened up a better angle for closing defender to nip in (2) Even if he continued to stand still,
    he could have taken an angled touch away from approaching defender and he didn't (3) when he did try to position himself to release ball, he was too slow to shuffle feet and allowed room for defender to poke foot in.

That's all on the receiver, IMO, and also on the goal- it wasn't like it was a direct breakaway. There was some defensive lollygagging a bit and it took a while
    to develop as an offensive opportunity.

Hard for me to ascribe any responsibility at all to KDLF on that one.

Hospital ball in more like Stuart Holden's injury against Jonny Evans (if that was a pass...don't remember if it was bad touch or pass)...but literally 2 guys fighting for a ball that is placed halfway between them. And what a sad outcome for our boy.....one the greatest US player tragedies of all time. (He was so awesome for Bolton in that period). And it put Stu in the hospital.

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starts:

ChicagoVT, edcrocker, Winoman and 5 others repped this.
  21. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For all the Nervous Nellies out there who were getting their panties in a bunch . .

ChicagoVT repped this.
  22. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Pasted from the game day thread which is full of tumbleweeds:

Off at 59’ which is somewhat surprising as he was having a decent shift and still managed to look dangerous at times. If it’s a question of managing minutes for a teenager, I don’t mind but I think it’s more to do with Sampaoli wanting to blow out Rennes and being frustrated that it wasn’t happening. I wouldn’t be surprised if Konrad is a sub next match.

23. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    And Konrad’s replacement (Harit) scores.

24. run_it_out

run_it_out Member+

Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 19, 2018
    Geez, people sure are sensitive around here. Point out one part of a performance that wasn't positive, and that means you think he'll never start another game?

25. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    No, I certainly didn't think he wouldn't get another start, but there were people who, just because he didn't start last weekend, thought that he'd lost his place.

That was nuts, which I was pointing out