Konrad de la Fuente setting the bar high at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    ChicagoVT, mace, Winoman and 11 others repped this.
  3. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I guess de la Fuente is old news. He has an assist and nobody has commented.

4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    #2304 Eighteen Alpha, Aug 28, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    Beautiful team goal and Konrad was cucumber cool on the assist. Amazing energy in the stadium

Drew1404, mace, Dizi and 3 others repped this.
  5. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm using the PBP thread

Winoman repped this.
  6. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1431699960651829255 is not a valid tweet id
    the assist

ChicagoVT, mace, Dizi and 10 others repped this.
  7. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the defender got a piece of the ball to block the cross coming to K. Good recovery by him to stick with the play- fast thinking and nice assist.

ChicagoVT and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  8. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    Wow that was awesome from Payet

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  9. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Subbed out at 55. Disappointing substitution.

Winoman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Did he do little outside of the assist or turn the ball over often?

11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trying to protect the lead I guess.

12. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, are we really upset that a player about to go on an immense amount of travel for a condensed 3 game window didn’t go 90 minutes five days before the first game?

I, for one, am not.

BrianLBI, ChicagoVT, Dizi and 13 others repped this.
  13. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I didnt see anything to suggest that. Sampaoli seems to like to sub him out as soon as they get a lead in the second half. Happened every game so far. But 55 is awfully early. Maybe because of qualifiers coming up. I hope that's the reason.

ChicagoVT and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  14. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    I think OM should be in CL next year they look really good

Dizi and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  15. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nobody is upset, that word doesnt appear in my 5 word post. Its disappointing as a fan because I wanted to watch him play.

16. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yea I doubt any coach is doing it to be “considerate”. Reyna also got subbed earlier than expected yesterday.

My guess is they’re thinking about these players getting injured given the compact USMNT schedule.

Other possibility is maybe Konrad doesn’t have good endurance. Although I don’t remember this being a thing when he played YNT games.

ChicagoVT, madvillain and Kagler24 repped this.
  17. FlipsLikeAPancake

Jul 6, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh we're quibbling about word choice for no reason? I love doing that! My turn!

You say you’re not upset, you’re disappointed. Alright let’s look up the definition of upset…

Upset: make (someone) unhappy, disappointed, or worried.

Well gee. Seems like it may have been a fine word to describe your mood toward his substitution then?

Regardless of word choice, my point still stands. I would rather him play only 55 minutes right before these important games than go 90. I'm looking on the bright side of the early substitution. You can go on being disappointed, upset, peeved, aggrieved and displeased.

18. Kagler24

Kagler24 Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Great strawman. Disappointed and upset are two different words for a reason...they dont mean the same thing. Being disappointed can lead someone to become upset, or they could just be disappointed...if you're assuming I'm upset from a 5 word post that's your perogative, but given its MY state of mind I'm pretty sure I know how I feel. But thanks.

19. robstonewall

robstonewall Member

United States
    Mar 11, 2021
    1431721641005010950 is not a valid tweet id

ChicagoVT, mace, Dizi and 7 others repped this.
  20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The contrast between the audience shown at 0:28 and at 0:30 is something.

Nice assist.

ChicagoVT and mace repped this.
  21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Not really. He was just well defended. They went to his side a lot more this game than the previous two. He was effectively cut off from advancing or cutting in, generally by two or three defenders, most times he got the ball. I think bringing in Henrique was a tactical change. Maybe to attack the half spaces on the left. I’m not sure because I turned the game off when Konrad was subbed out.

22. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    #2322 dspence2311, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    I can’t get Ligue 1 and so can only see highlights and all touch videos. Based on that it seems like KDLF plays very wide and puts in a lot of crosses. He doesn’t seem to pinch in much. Is that pretty accurate, or are the pieces of matches that I’ve seen unrepresentative?

23. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Having watched the Marseille games, it seems accurate. He will attack the goal of course but he likes to dribble outside and around the defender

24. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mmmm... I think it has more to do with the formation. I think the hybrid-wingback-forward wide players are explicitly asked to stay wide to open gaps between the defenders. In this last game Konrad tried to make an inside run on a break and his teammate complained that he pulled his defender into space w/ him. I think Konrad is supposed to stay near the touchline if the ball is on his side and he doesn't have the ball. He can pin in towards goal when he is dribbling at players or when the attack comes from the opposite side. The latter is how he got his assist in this one. I think this position will limit his goal numbers this season but as long as he is starting he should get some opportunities and the ability to create a lot of chances for others.

ChicagoVT, superdave and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  25. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've watched a lot of OM this season, at least while KDLF is in the match. He must have been told to stay on or near the touch line until he receives the ball while OM has possession. Once he gets it, he does attack and has been good at getting around his man. But he isn't pinching in a la CP or Reyna if/when they are nominally playing on the wing. But if I recall from KLDF highlights while with Barca B last year, he was given more freedom to find space inside or outside to receive the ball. So, agreed, it must be formation/tactics, but eventually he is going to have to be given more freedom otherwise it will become very easy for opposing defenses to handle him.

TimB4Last and dspence2311 repped this.