Konrad de la Fuente setting the bar high at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    like for like more like konrad for messi

2. Konut

Konut Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, but that’s not really accurate. Konrad is usually played on the LW where Griezmann plays. Messi is on the RW, or more recently he’s been playing as a true #10.

Either way, there were slim to no chances that that Konrad was going to see the field today. Even if there were injuries to 2 of Barcelona’s attackers Setien probably would have gone with other options.

3. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    hah sorry bad joke formulation

Konut and eliwood repped this.
  4. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Konrad is usually LW? Since when?

5. honest trade

honest trade Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he played on the right too but transfermarkt lists him as LW.

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I got a glimpse of him on the bench. That is sufficient for me for now.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  7. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played on the right all of last season, on the left all of this season.

Inverted wingers, so hot right now.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  8. LivingStone

LivingStone Member

Barca
    United States
    May 21, 2019
    Predictable moves, and not as good as Uly.

9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Best seat in the house! :thumbsup:

11. HS Teacher

HS Teacher Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Spain
    Somewhat relevant to Konrad --- although highly unlikely he sees the field ---Braithwaite (ineligible) and Dembele (recovering from injury) are in the traveling squad, but they are not playing.

12. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. He might see the field if it is a blowout but even an injury up front during the game would likely be replied with a more experienced player in a tight game. Still... nice honor for Konrad at his age considering the team.

13. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sounds like even if inclusion is due to injuries Konrad has made a decent jump this year. Get the feeling aoan may be in his future or the good ol buy back clause sale (glorified loan in a lot of cases)

Either way with the down years La Masia has had they have to be encouraged that they are seeing prospects show more promise

14. HS Teacher

HS Teacher Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Spain
    I found this interesting, so sorry for the lengthy details about third division in Spain.

If no loan and Konrad stays with Barca B in Segunda B, the leaked format for next season looks pretty wild. A lot of games with high stakes, but it's a lot of moving parts. I hope I'm getting this right.

Background - There are going to be 102 teams in Segunda B in 20-21. Historically, there are 80 in four groups. But no relegations happened due to COVID, and one round of promotion from the Tercera was canceled due to COVID positives so all four teams of those teams were promoted. In 21-22, the idea is to move to a new format with a new 40-team Segunda B Pro league (new third division) -- the new hierarchy then would be La Liga; Segunda; Segunda B Pro; Segunda B; Tercera.

Proposed Format - 10 subgroups of 10 or 11 teams. They play home-and-away against the other teams for a total of 18 games. Then, after 18 games...
    • Teams in 1st/2nd/3rd advance to five groups of six teams to play for promotion to the Segunda.
      • The top 3 in those super groups plus 1 4th place team would play for the four promotion spots to the Segunda (knockout format from 16 teams to 4 who gain promotion)
      • The 26 teams who do not earn promotion to the Segunda through the group stage and knockout rounds do earn promotion to the new Segunda B Pro, joining the 4 relegated Segunda teams
    • Teams in 4th/5th/6th/7th will compete in a knockout round format for the 10 final spots in Segunda B Pro (will start with 40 teams and go down to 10)
    • Teams 8th or worse will compete in a group stage with the worst teams being relegated to the Tercera (not sure how many will be relegated)

ChicagoVT, Deeneaus, Winoman and 2 others repped this.
  15. munichfan9

munichfan9 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 7, 2005
    Burke, Virginia
    I read today that theoretically Braithwaite could play if Barca had enough positive coronavirus cases in their camp that reduced their roster size. So that is why he traveled with the team.

HS Teacher repped this.
  16. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, why don't they just call it "Tercera", followed by "Cuarta" and then "Quinta". Instead, the 4th division is "2nd B" and the fifth is "Third". On the other hand, maybe they've got a certain bank lined up to sponsor the Tercera.

eliwood and Winoman repped this.
  17. HS Teacher

HS Teacher Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Spain
    First thing I thought when I was writing the post. Time for some new league names.

18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's perfect for the sponsor, but only if it's in English. "Fifterd" has no significance in Spain as far as I know. You are listed as being in Spain: is Fifth Third Bank there at all?

19. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    With a handful of Barcelona players returning from injury or suspension, Konrad doesn't make the 23 man gameday roster today.

20. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, he’s in the top 25 or so, not bad. A whole lot closer to the first team than I am.

21. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he should have. It’s time to clean house in Barcelona and get younger and hungrier. Average age of the starters is 29.5. Six of their starters are at least 31 and four are 33. It’s a young man’s game. I’m not gonna say KDLF is the answer but these over-the-hill guys certainly aren’t it.

22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    from a starting xi standpoint are bayern really that much younger? it cant be more of a year average differnce

23. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Substantially, not really. But there’s a big difference. Right now it’s 3 goals.

24. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Excluding Konrad is the kind of groseria that sometimes gets a coach sacked immediately, on the spot. I would have axed Setién pregame today, but win or lose, I don't think we'll have to wait very long ...

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  25. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UNCAP HIM NOW!