Konrad de la Fuente setting the bar high at SD Eibar (olf Olympic Marseille)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Chance, Apr 6, 2014.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trained with the first team today:

Pl@ymaker, Eighteen Alpha, dams and 14 others repped this.
  2. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm gonna guess that he hasn't signed the new contract yet and this is the club's attempt at encouraging him to stay.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, as my brother pointed out to me, the club and the new coach seem to want to get back to the more traditional Barcelona--the club that constantly brings up players from the academy instead of buying them from other clubs. If this holds true, then it would bode well for Konrad's chances. The chances are still slim, given the competition, but much better than if Barça operates like they have in recent years.

Pl@ymaker, PalmettoSpur and Winoman repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are a lot of rumors floating around that he is about to re-sign with Barcelona. We shall see shortly.

1224683084706013184 is not a valid tweet id

5. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    It seems like something has to have changed with his contract status or willingness to sign a new contract. He went from being frozen out of playing time entirely to scoring a game winner for Barca B and then training with the 1st team.

6. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    "As part of the new terms, De la Fuente will be promoted permanently from the U19s to Barca B, ...

A change in circumstance at Barcelona, though, along with an improved contract offer provoked a U-turn. The January departures of Carles Perez, Abel Ruiz and Alejandro Marques created space in the B team, while Setien has prioritized giving youngsters more chances."

I had assumed that the impasse was that Barca asked Konrad to get a haircut, but it seems now that it was more complicated than that.

8. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Someone on their board of directors caught a glimpse of his blonde 'fro this weekend and quickly realized they have a potential Valderrama on their hands.

Winoman and TimB4Last repped this.
  9. randomnoise

randomnoise Member

United States
    Mar 26, 2017
    El Pibelito

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  10. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    #710 luvdagame, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    what?

*#@*^%&^&*&^!!!

you can’t get promoted by contract! especially on these top euro teams. you have to out compete other players on the field..

...at least that’s what we’ve been told..

that part of the contract is meaningless.

...plus, how are the other players on the team ( both old and new) going to view you.

...and, can mgmnt tie a coach’s hands like that?

11. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You don't know how this whole thing works, huh? There are always stipulations in contracts. Just because he's been promoted, that doesn't mean he'll play, unless he earns the right to play.

12. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    so it’s meaningless?

you might be promoted, but you’ll be sitting. whereas if you’d stayed at the lower level, you’d be playing consistently and improving.

13. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You MIGHT sit. You might play, it just depends on if you earn the right to play. Plus, just playing a lot at a level your comfortable at doesn’t mean you’ll improve. I can go dominate a bunch of 17 year olds, but once I step up in level, I might not have the ability to contribute.

14. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    indeed. as it always is. so the promotion statement in the contract really doesn’t mean anything.

agreed. as per usual.

15. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it means he won’t play with the U19s again. And I doubt Barca is paying him more than half a million a year just to jerk him aroind by never playing him with Barca B

16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    taylor repped this.
  18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Not to worry, Konrad can productively use the extra time on the bench to count his stacks.

Although my suggestion would be to also get/stay warmed up, in case he's called upon today to bang in another game-winning Barca Goal-of-the-Week.

19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like they are going to replace the roof or put a new coat of paint on Konrad:

Barça will ask to sign for Hiroki Abe. You have to decide between a 9 or more band profile. In addition, the renovation of Konrad de la Fuente is already underway, according to club sources #fcblive

20. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boyyyx sure glad he didnt listen to my unsolicited advice and go to hertha, lol.

Winoman and DHC1 repped this.
  21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Just don't touch the hair!

22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    #722 luvdagame, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    abe plays left wing for barca b too (didn't know that - just trusting wikipedia). he and konrad are competing for the same spot (altho konrad plays on the right some too, as may abe). they are ‘renovating’ abe after ‘renovating’ konrad.

23. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
  24. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    imho, the facts aren't changing as he grows older.

he has moves that are fantastic when he has a speed and quickness advantage, and blah when he doesn't have that physical edge.

not sure he will ever develop that athletic advantage over grown men. if he does, we"ll be in gravy.

again, just mho.

maroonlaw and kba4life1 repped this.