Koke leaves Dynamo

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, May 29, 2011.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally disagree with you. The Koke/Watson panic signings cost us Feilhaber:

Carlisle is a Bay Area reporter for ESPN.com and others who has contacts with the Dynamo from their old Quakes days, and many of his Dynamo posts/reports have turned out to be spot on.

We aren't as bad as TFC, but we've had a pretty poor run of signings and trades the last 2 seasons.

2. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Re: Koke leaving Dynamo

I like Cisco and Dixon too, so it doesn't make him objectively silly.

I think he had qualities that could have been useful to us, but in our 442 he didn't quite fit as a forward.

When does Greece's league run? Athens is pretty hot in the summer (I know, he was in Salonika, just saying Southern Europe is no heat slouch in the true summer season).

3. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Amen. Did he miss Cisco's bomb versus Dallas? How quickly we forget. But if DK doesn't start you, you must suck.

4. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Except Will Bruin

5. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. I think Carlisle is wrong from everything we have read. First, it was allocation money and the team's lack thereof that cost us the opportunity to trade for Feilhaber from CUSA not cap space. I don't believe the Koke signing cost us any allocation money. Watson did not either I don't believe.

2. We couldn't trade with NE b/c they wanted Cameron and Davis to start. LOL.

6. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Gosh, I was hoping you were actually Koke. Oh well, guess you are still here.

7. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cisco played in the reserve game yesterday and I can't see him starting for the 1st team if yesterday was any measure.

8. truthandlife

truthandlife Member

Jul 28, 2003
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Go to multiple Dynamo practices (Dom will let you watch) and let me know if you can see Cisco in the top 16. If you are a good judge of soccer talent, I think you will say he is not ready (and might not ever be ready).

9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Precisely underlining the My Way or Highway corporate attitude that pervades the HD and its fanboys these days. Work ethic over field quality and virtuosity. Even our decent offseason signing Taylor (and there are a lot of brutal ones filling the reserve team) has to wait for a random midweek game to return to the lineup. There's the latent talent this team has/had, and then there's what Dom chooses to pigeonhole into a hoofball 442.

Out of the automatic playoff spots and in the last wild card, btw. I want what's best for the team and it ain't fanboys cheering Ashe and Weaver while Cisco and Koke and Taylor rot.

10. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dynamo probably need to loan him to a USL team so that he can get some actual playing time and develop his skills cause right now he is not ready

11. yossarin

yossarin Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Koke ready for action

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. You were talking Cisco. Based solely on the fact that you have seen him in very limited time on the field. You admitted in other threads that you hadn't gone to practice and watched Cisco and I am not sure, but I think you said you hadn't seen any of the reserve games.

2. I agree with Dom not using Taylor like I think he should, but I honestly think he is trying to put together a midseason trade wherein we ship one of Boswell/Hainault for some cap space. He knows he has something good in Taylor. That being said, Taylor was the person who failed to mark the set piece goal against Dallas.

3. Koke was ok, but truthfully, I am not crying over spilt milk. It's not like he lit the world on fire when he got playing time off the bench. When he started, he struggled and was knocked off the ball/dispossessed significantly.

There is no the dynamo way or the highway, IMHO. You are flat ignorant when it comes to Cisco based on your own admissions. Many others have been to practices and many have been to reserve games. I have seen very few who have gone to either and come back and said Cisco should start.

13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    I lollygagged through college practices on the way to a leadership role. I judge players by what they do with the First 11 on a game day, preferably not in a 5 minute cameo. "Practice? Practice?" to quote Allen. If the Dynamo won games by practicing hard we wouldn't have the past 2 years' record.

I have seen the kid whack crosses, show some technicality, and hit a bombazo in preseason. It's like Chabala (who I was told was too awful for even the reserves and is back carrying first team water), I can't unring that bell and pretend like he can't play just because DK and others don't like his work ethic or he goofed off with the reserves or something. Maybe he's peeved he's stuck on the reserve team and he's going through the motions. [Koke must have gone to the same practices and reached the opposite opinion, no?]

And then there's the obvious retort, of, do Ashe and Palmer and DV Watson look all that well-cooked to you? What's the objective standard of quality around here? Running around like a chicken? Lot of dudes on this team look like they aren't ready. I humbly submit that Cisco can't be worse than Watson or Clark.

In terms of DK Way or Highway, Kamara, QED. "Oh, but that's justified...." and thus we got on this Akinbiyi Landin Weaver Oduro treadmill, because they're so much better.

14. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Brooks, you forgot NASL 2.0... FNC CAN play there.

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the Watson & Koke cap space, we could have done a deal to get allocation money OR ship allocation money to Chivas (presuming we had some). Watson/Koke took away any roster flexibility we had for that time.

There are ways to monetize that cap space which we could have done. It probably would have required a trade of some players to get allocation dollars but it was feasible.

Regardless, the FO needs to think thru a few of these things a little more next time.

16. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Cisco, I really like the way he plays, his footwork. He also makes beautiful crosses. He's fun to watch. But I do wonder, watching him play with the US U-whatever, he does ok but never really stands out. I hope he becomes great, he is a good guy and I know he works his butt off.

17. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just too bad Koke is leaving, I came up with a great banner for him: "The Dynamo play with Kokones!"
    I guess I'll just have to try to sell the idea to Aris. And speaking of, the guy does have Kokones to go back there. They must really love him over there. Frankly, I just don't see it (my Spanish flag notwithstanding.)

18. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Clark is recovering from an injury, but in his short time with Houston has two important goals and has looked ok at times and struggled at times. Not to mention his prior track record in MLS and his call up to the USMNT.

LOL your comparison is ridiculous with Clark.

19. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    This. Seen him six timed this year and he is not an answer to any question we have. Dixon might be.

20. madmatt621

madmatt621 Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was hoping to see him play AM with Geoff at DM.

Guess not.

21. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I agree with the last statement but not in this case. I wish we had reporters that would delve deeper but a birdie told me we had all we needed for Chivas and they backed out last minute.

22. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

I had this thought a few weeks ago.

23. chrishungate

chrishungate Member

Dec 16, 2005
    Katy, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. For some reason thought the transfer window opened on June 1. It's not till July 15th, though.

24. nbrooks503

Jun 1, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't get all of the adoration either. He certainly didn't light a fire he although he did show some skills.

I've never followed the Greek league so I really don't have a clue as to the proficiency of play - but if all his fans consider him to be the dogs bollocks, and his play here was not that impressive - then that league really can't be too much.

25. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thank you for the clarification on this as I was about to blow my stack. That said, I'm wondering why Koke took that kind of deal. Too much risk for him in my opinion.

Me too.