Kobe NASL Owner?

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by Sam U El, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pure wild ass speculation on my part but it is well documented that Bryant is a huge Barca fan... Is it possible to see Bryant as a future NASL owner? Anything is possible. :sneaky:

Kobe Bryant Picks Soccer as His Favorite Sport over Basketball

FIFA.com asked the Mamba, who has been attending matches at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, about his fandom, and his response was rather interesting. "I am actually [a huge fan]. I grew up in Italy. From the age from six to 14 I played soccer every day. It is actually my favorite sport," he said.

-----

Lakers’ Kobe Bryant open-ended on being part of sports ownership

Bryant sounded unsure on whether he would want to join any sports ownership group. The Lakers have not yet discussed that possibility, according to team sources.

“I haven’t had any burning desire to look into it,” Bryant said before the Lakers’ 103-91 loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday. “But if I do and feel really passionate about it, that’s something I’ll dive into.”
    Magic Johnson sold his 4.5 percent ownership stake to billionaire season-ticket holder Patrick Soon-Shiong in 2010. Johnson then joined Guggenheim Partners to purchase the Dodgers in 2012. Johnson told reporters on Tuesday that Bryant should do something similar.
    Bryant has already become involved in other business ventures, including his own company, Kobe, Inc. Bryant also has a business stake in The Players’ Tribune.

“He may be thinking outside the box of doing something with his own company,” Lakers coach Byron Scott said about Bryant. “But if (Kobe) came and said, ‘Jim and Jeanie, I want to do something with the organization,’ I’m sure they’ll say, ‘Okay.’”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/201...-open-ended-on-being-part-of-sports-ownership

2. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Well if the NASL wants a team in LA he would be a great person to get on board as an owner. It would bring a lot of notoriety to the team, and there would be many Kobe fans who would root for that team over the other LA teams simply for that fact.

oneeyedfool repped this.
  3. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA and Philadelphia are the two places where Kobe has roots. If Carmelo is perceived to have success I could see more wealthy athletes take notice. LeBron who has a stake in Liverpool in Cleveland, for example.

4. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kobe seems more like the type to join LAFC then do his own thing in NASL.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  5. chungachanga

chungachanga Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I don't see it, NASL is too small for Kobe.

TheJoeGreene repped this.
  6. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Besides the Carmelo Anthony connection, were we supposed to see other strings there?