Kobe Hernandez-Foster at HamKam (Norway)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Feb 13, 2020.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KOBE HERNANDEZ - FOSTER #22

PLAYER PROFILE
    DATE OF BIRTH: JUN 26 2002
    Position: Forward
    Hometown: Los Angeles , CA
    Nationality: United States

EDUCATION
    Graduation Year: 2020

[​IMG]

1228153369426001920 is not a valid tweet id

US Soccer profile: https://www.ussoccer.com/players/h/kobe-hernandez
    USSDA profile: http://glxy.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=1654386&player=77412321
    Transfermarkt profile: https://www.transfermarkt.us/kobe-hernandez-foster/profil/spieler/596655

Interview: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/04/22/kobe-hernandez-foster-looking-be-next-big-thing-la-galaxy

2. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wolfsburg as a destination doesn't make much sense given they haven't integrated Llanez yet, and they probably should have over the break.

This is another Kleiban client, so I'll theorize he's making packaged deals to get them to sign lesser clients of his too.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Is Kobe eligible for a passport from a country besides the US from either the Foster or Hernandez families?

4. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something tells me this thread will be very popular in the not too distant future

5. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that anyone is aware of

6. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was LB and CB. His profile says he is a forward. Which is it?

7. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    I believe I saw before that he’s eligible for Honduras. Not sure about it, though.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  8. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His mother is Hispanic but I never got a chance to talk to her so I’m not sure if he is eligible for them. This move was rumored to be agreed upon at least 6 months ago from what I heard though so if he had access to a European passport, he would’ve gone at the start of the season.

9. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    hopefully this is an all left back all the time situation

maroonlaw and Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  10. Lookingforleftbacks

Galaxy
    United States
    Dec 17, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t imagine a BL club is going to expect a 5’7” kid to play CB against some of the massive strikers they have in the BL

11. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    been at wolfsburg for the past week and half

UniversalAdvice repped this.
  12. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
  13. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    translation:

Both the game of regional league VfL Wolfsburg II and that of league Lupo / Martini Wolfsburg were canceled due to the rain showers, promptly both teams agreed on another friendly game. That ended up scoring - and VfL II had two US boys as test players.

Plenty of goals in the test match: Regional league team VfL Wolfsburg II defeated top division Lupo / Martini 10-0 (5-0) last night. Also there as a test player on the Wolfsburg side: The US boys Kobe Hernandez-Foster and Bryang Kayo, who may be about to switch to VfL. Defender Hernandez-Foster (turned 18 in June) most recently played for the Los Angeles Galaxy Junior Academy, was named Player of the Year for the U.S. Talent Academy in 2019 and is considered one of the top players in the USL Championship. Midfield man Kayo (born July 18) is of Cameroonian descent, most recently worked for Orange County SC in California and has been without a club since December.

BostonRed repped this.
  14. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Pablo Thiam, who's title is Wolfsburg's Academy Manager according to transfermarkt, and translated with Google translate:

"Even before the Corona break in February, there was a rumor that VfL would like to attract another US talent to Wolfsburg after Michael Edwards and Llanez: defender Kobe Hernandez-Foster. Thiam keeps a low profile: "It is no secret that we are watching him. You have to see whether he comes to us."

15. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    turns 18 tomorrow

dougtee repped this.
  16. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was official to Wolfsburg. Hopefully he sees what's went on w/ Llanez and comes to his senses. He has the talent to play at the elite sides who integrate too like Dortmund and Leverkusen. Hold out for a better situation and don't settle or follow the crowd into a bad one like Sargent and Llanez. And preferably get a new agent.

Lookingforleftbacks and TarHeels17 repped this.
  17. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Agreed. Wolfsburg just doesn’t have a recent culture of promoting youth to the first team. Winger Felix Klaus, 27, has a whopping 2 assists in 842 minutes this year(28 appearances). Clearly not very productive, so it seems odd to not have Uly nab some of the minutes he’s getting.

It’s one thing if Wolfsburg’s wingers were all killing it, but they’re not. I hope KHF and Kayo really take a hard 2nd look before they sign off.

18. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
  19. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    why are we already writing off uly progressing at wolfsburg?? and who’s to say others can’t succeed at the club just because one hasn’t yet?

20. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Because their isn’t a recent history of them doing it. They had Julian Brandt in their academy, sold him for peanuts in his late teens, and then he immediately began playing and producing in champions league for Leverkusen the very next season. Osimhen at Lille looks to be a similar story, and he’s rumored to be sold for mega bucks this summer.

I think there’s a new academy director, so things could turn around. Doesn’t mean Uly or KHF can’t make it there, but without a sample size of success stories I think it warrants questioning them signing there

Lookingforleftbacks and twoolley repped this.
  21. charlie kennan

charlie kennan Red Card

Feb 23, 2020
    this is respectable

kba4life1 and twoolley repped this.
  22. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're no Athletic Bilbao. This isn't exactly a prestigious group. https://www.transfermarkt.us/vfl-wolfsburg/jugendarbeit/verein/82

Even when guys are integrated eventually, they're more often yo-yoing between the first team and reserves for years. Players lose motivation, stagnate that way.

Maybe they've changed their spots, but shouldn't they prove that w/ local players there by circumstance before they're a magnet for foreign players too?

And their rhetoric is poor, w/ their coach saying he wants to favor older players and how can you give debuts to players who already haven't debuted. Llanez may ultimately make it there, but they've already jerked him around a bit.

Our players should be gravitating to clubs that have established track records for integration, recently and currently.

Lookingforleftbacks and twoolley repped this.
  23. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Wolfsburg is an extremely small area for a Bundesliga level club. There's not going to be many players pumping through their academy, even in a country as great at producing players as Germany.

Saying that, we'll all be watching with an extremely close eye on them integrating our youngsters this coming season. I can't imagine Uly's contract lasts after the 20/21 season considering the peanuts he's getting paid.

24. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bilbao and Eindhoven are no metropolises. Wolfsburg has a far bigger metro area actually. If they were committed to development and integration they'd be luring those kids. One way or another would ultimately be churning them out. They aren't. That's a concern for us as of 6/25/2020.

Lookingforleftbacks repped this.
  25. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    1276300476561186817 is not a valid tweet id

Seems related

WheezingUSASupport repped this.