Ko Jong Su?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Adidas343, Nov 29, 2004.

1. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea

That's exactly what Elliad's talking about. Totally biased and backward thinking. I'm a offspring of Jeola and Kyungsang and based on my observations of my parents' families, there are more similarities than differences. For such a small country like Korea, we can not even embrace our own race. I can't believe even the ones grown up in the U.S. have a backward thinking like that. It's a 망국병 indeed. I wonder what would happen to us as a united nation. No wonder we're devided all over the world: between North and South, between Korean Japanese of Northern descents and Southern descents, between Korean Chinese and Koreans, between Korean Americans and Koreans, and etc. etc.

2. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

I hear Kyungsang-Do folks and Junlado folks have it in for each other. Something to do with way back in the day when both were warring kingdoms.

One of my best friend's old man is from Junlado and his mom from Inchon and he told me a funny little anecdote about this thing. A long time ago, he told me he asked his mom about his dad being from Yosu at a Korean banquet and she instinctively got flustered and looked around for whether people heard him or not. :D

Personally, I have unmotivated prejudice towards Junlado folks simply because my parents aren't too fond of them, so I guess I'm a dipshlt for letting their prejudice influence me. Forgive and forget, pretty please... for the children. ㅜ,ㅠ;;

3. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Hmm. I honestly think K:theCore was just kidding.

4. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I never really took it seriously. For me it's just a fun little thing.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Wutang

Ah, cmon, it's just for laughs - you dont have to take it so personally!

6. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I know he was just kidding and I didn't take it seriously. I was just pointing out that diffierent types of prejudice is so prevalent in our blood.
    Yesterday, I read posts on messageboard of Korean-Chinese. They were talking to this only Korean on that board and boy, don't they hate Koreans. They went on and said they hate Koreans more than anyone on earth. I just can't help myself. I just can't let it go. Same goes to some KoreanJapanese that hate Koreans.

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well in case you haven't noticed, Koreans are borned haters! It might be an attempt to conpensate for our inferiority complex against the Japanese or the Chinese. But don't take my word for it, all i said was "might be" so dont run down barking at me!

8. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    It's true though that we are born haters. Then again considering the neighborhood we live in...

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Relax WT...I was being cynical because I know exactly what youre talking about.

10. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    yeah, there are some problems regarding Korean-Chinese or 조선족 at the moment. While we like to think they are essentially Koreans so we'd like to embrace them, but it seems those KCs have huge chips on their shoulders, i.e. identity crisis. Many of them have preserved the Korean language and culture despite the fact most of them are now 3rd or 4th ethnic generations, but the prevasion of Chinese influence on them is quite significant. It is well known that the Chinese government took especially strigent measures to Sinicise those millions of ethnic Koreans living in North-Eastern China, and I guess such efforts are now bearing fruit. Historically China have adopted the approach of 이이제이 (以夷攻夷 ) policy to quell threats from outsiders (e.g. http://cont1.edunet4u.net/yjssu21/yijei.htm), and now I guess it's the conflicts between those KCs and the native Koreans.

But it is quite interesting to note that the 'hatred' born by those KCs are much more personal and emotional than that of other Chinese - kinda like 'love/hate' relationship to me, hm.