Ko Jong-Su linked with Fullham?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by K_19, Jan 23, 2003.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    http://www.sportsseoul.com/html/view.asp?filename=20030124ab040

Sportseoul isn't the best of sources, but I just thought I'd post it anyway :p

Personally, I don't think there is any way that this is going to happen. First of all he doesn't fill the requirements for percentage of total matches played for national team over the past year... second, he isn't at 100% health yet... third, there is no way in hell that Ko can adapt to the physical style of the English Premier League ... fourth, I doubt Suwon will let go of their only superstar left that easily.

It'd be pretty cool though, don't you think? Ko and Inamoto tearing it up at Fullham, haha we can always dream...

They said that he got an official invitation... maybe they just want to market him for Korean fans and that's it, I dunno... But I see him staying in K-League and maybe J-League but that's far as he's gonna go...

2. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    I don't think he can get a work permit. Maybe his past record prior to 2002 will make up for that though. I don't think Ko's game adapts well to different styles of play simply because he's not a very physical player nor is he consistent.

3. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Re: Re: Ko Jong-Su linked with Fullham?

there's no way he can get the work permit. 75%? no way.

He'll probably go to a J-League side. I'm hearing Kyoto nowadays.