KNT Managerial Search

Discussion in 'Korea' started by k_c_n_y_t, Feb 16, 2024.

1. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Was thinking that myself. Ok I’m sold!

Goal!! and Hyok repped this.
  2. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Id love to see the KFAs reaction to a petition on X....like a youtube first reaction video

Pacman 3rd Time repped this.
  3. Pacman 3rd Time

Pacman 3rd Time Red Card

South Korea
    Jul 11, 2020
    He'd be stupid to accept the job working under this current KFA management. CMG needs to be fcvked off priority NO.1

4. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Does his contract expire in June?

5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I heard May

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Good timing for us then. It seems like KFA changed their mind and will hire an interim manager for March.

TBH, I think he's the best option we have.

nmssis repped this.
  7. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    There is another Committee meeting going on today. Will most likely address the interim manager today. Which reports says it will most likely be Park Hang Seo. I don’t mind PHS for this window and quite possibly the June window. We are a bit fortunate that our opponents are SEA country and China. So PHS will do. Renard will try to aim for Gold with the Women’s team in the Olympics being held in Paris. His contract expires in August which is immediately after the finals of the tournament in the Olympics. So if we buy time for a coach like Renard, that might be a sensible move. Or even waiting out to see how this season of the K league pans out. If a good K league coach isn’t ideally picking up results and gets sacked then maybe that’s where the KFA can sweep up that coach without pushback from fans. I hope this is the route the KFA takes and encompass during today’s meeting.

8. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #59 LeeSeungWoo, Feb 27, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
    "We are not considering managers who are already managing other teams".

"HSH is our interim manager".

??????

Who is gonna take responsibility if we fail to get qualified for the Olympics? We are in a 죽음의 조.. And you want to give more burden to HSH..? The Olympics team will have friendlies at the same time in March btw..

seolseol repped this.
  10. Letmepost

Letmepost Member

Arsenal
    South Korea
    Apr 11, 2023
    From the rumours I've read, it seems entirely possible that Park Hang-Seo was recommended, but was ignored due to his previous conflicts with those with the ultimate say at the KFA. Hwang Sun-Hong might have been chosen due to his existing contract minimizing further costs.

Basically business as per usual.

seolseol repped this.
  11. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Doesn’t HSH have a below-average track record as a manager..?

KNTfan repped this.
  12. Undetermined

Undetermined Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Fully acknowledging HSH's playing career... but looking only at what he did in management, I wish I could have a "failing up" and "get carried up" career like him.

2022 Asian Games... they won but the squad was so much better than the other countries, and the KO rounds closer than it should have been

the rainmaker and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  13. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's definitely not good enough to lead our NT, but our incompetent KFA thinks he's good.

14. Darkvoid531

Darkvoid531 Member

Bayern München
    South Korea
    May 9, 2023
    Same old, same theme.

Conclusion is that KNT will never change with these decrepit fossils running the show.

15. KNTfan

KNTfan New Member

Feb 6, 2024
    What formation does he like to utilize? Hopefully we go with 3 in the midfield and LKI as the free role AM.

16. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    I think with Saudi he did a 4-3-3

17. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    HSH at the Gwangju v Seoul game today. Watching the K league unlike JK.
    Side Note: Lee Jung Hyo’s side is by far the better team than Kim Gi Dong in the first half. The way that Gwangju play is very fun to watch. But needs to be more clinical in front of goal. Reminds me of Pep’s Man City where Man City just outright dominates the other team but still end up only winning by one or ends up drawing

18. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    lki might not get a call up

19. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Call ups being announced now

20. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

JMG finally selected. LSW not selected... BSH is back.

seolseol and KNTfan repped this.
  21. KNTfan

KNTfan New Member

Feb 6, 2024
    Why haven't they called up Lee Han Beom? Young and in form, he is the perfect CB partner for KMJ.

Hwang Jae Won is K-League rookie of the year as right back. They should give this youngster a chance.

Kwon Hyeok-kyu is doing great for St. Mirren as CDM. Why wasn't he selected?

22. Letmepost

Letmepost Member

Arsenal
    South Korea
    Apr 11, 2023
    The younger players are generally used for the Olympic squad, which makes sense due to the military exemption possibilities that comes with good results.

However, the problem is that clubs can refuse to release their players for the Asian Games and the Olympic Games. I've heard that Oh Hyeon-Gyu, Lee Han-Beom, Kwon Hyeok-Gyu, Jeong Sang-Bin, and Go Young-Joon were not allowed to join the Korean Olympic Games squad this time round.

23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Same thing happened to Sonny when at Leverkeusen and missed out on an exemption

24. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    what happened to kmj? he lost his starting role recently?

25. k_c_n_y_t

k_c_n_y_t Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Nov 23, 2018
    There will be a meeting on April 2nd to further discuss the appointment of a new manager. Reports says that 20 foreign managers has expressed interest to coaching the KNT.