Knock knock. Who's there? Australia...

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by JLSA, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    but "Bin never been to Hamam" said only India and Iran!

2. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    Re: Australia joining the AFC.

When, if ever, are you gonna merge, i mean, move Aussie from Oceania to Asia forum?
    ;)

3. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    Re: Australia joining the AFC.

come to think of it, AFC could possibly have 6 of its members playing in Germany. If Aussie qualifies, it will represant OFC as a member of AFC. Good showing by 6 teams won't hurt AFC for negotiating for more berths in future WCs.

4. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Lol, they probably still aren't very sure to host it or not, besides we haven't host the Asian Cup before, so we might get a chance, while Iran hosted it twice.

5. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    well I didn't rule out the possibility of KSA hosting it's just that our "bin never been to hamam" (are you sure you are getting the joke? :confused: ) said only India and Iran have shown interest!

6. xabi_al0ns0

xabi_al0ns0 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Australia
    It would be good if they hosted the Asian Cup in Australia as it would really promote the good standard of football in Asia to the Australian public. :D

Far better then playing tournaments like the Oceania Nations Cup. :D :rolleyes:

7. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Does Australia Public cares football? The 2004 AC has no more than 25,000 AVG attendance even it was hold in one of the most Craziest asian football country, I Remember the 2000 AC and 1996 AC only have 3,000 AVG attendance :rolleyes:

8. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    if you want attendance, then you need to have it in Iran :D .... and for 2000 and 1996 ACs, I have to say it's pathetic.... even Futsal championship gets more average attendance in Iran!!!

9. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Yeah I believe if Iran holds a AC again the Avg attendance will be 80,000 or more and if the IFF are able to sell tickets they will make a pile :D

10. jinroh

jinroh Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Seoul/Tokyo/NJ
    BTW, which sector of AFC sub-group Aussie's gonna join? Geographically ASEAN is next door but EAFF seems fit better soccer-wise.

11. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    UAE 96 had pretty decent attendance, Lebanon 2000 however was a disaster.

12. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Well I think Japan will Want Aussies in the EAFF, Corea and China won't say no so I guess you'll Join EAFF, Australia was already in the EAG right? so I think it's reasonable for Aussies to join the EAFF and A3 organise

13. xabi_al0ns0

xabi_al0ns0 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Australia
    OK all, could someone explain to me all of these different sectors? I'm new to all these Asian qualifiers. :D

14. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Asia is divided regionally. You have East, ASEAN, South, and West. This division applies in some pre-qualifiers, also they hold regional tournaments like the tiger cup. Otherwise it doesn't mean much.

15. xabi_al0ns0

xabi_al0ns0 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Australia
    Ok so I guess we're in ASEAN then. :D

16. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    I've heard it's more likely to be East Asian with Japan, China and Korea (x2)

J

17. xabi_al0ns0

xabi_al0ns0 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Australia
    Ah ok then well that'll be good considering many of the top sides are there. Does East Asia hold a tournament just for itself also? :D

18. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeap.... it starts next month if I'm not wrong with teams North Korea, South Korea, China and Japan participating!

19. lastwarrior - redded

Jul 2, 2005
    I guess you aussi will never want to be with those mid-east terrorist countries right?

20. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    Do you have a clue what you are talking about - we are talking about which sub-confederation of the AFC we will be in. We have actually joined the AFC and so joined all the "mid-east terrorist countries" already.

Why do you hate Iran then?

J

21. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL, wow he didn't last very long. :p

22. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    being the millionth sock made by EastAsian I'm not really surprise ;)

23. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    According to the AFC today there is rotation - and next time (2011) it is South-Central Asia's turn - with Iran, India and Bangladesh offering to host. So presumably 2015 is "West" and 2019 is "East" and 2023 "Asean".

Australia most probably will be in East so 2019 is the earliest, but then SKor or Japan will probably want it.

J

See also: http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=3335

Note - Thailand is apparently pushing their luck on the hosting front.

24. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    yeah I read that today as well... but it didn't really make sense since Iran is considered central Asia according to AFC... and by the rotation it's time for south Asia or the West to host it... anyways, don't get the impression that everything you read from AFC is true there is a corrupted side to it as well.... I'm sure you'll realize what I mean when the time comes ;)